icebreakr

[IceBreakr/IBIS] Lingor & Dingor for A3

Insta-death using Editor is gone. It had to do with wave-settings. Right now I'm refreshing satellite image, adding AI-working bridges and trying to incorporate new sounds as in A2.

• Like 5

Updated postponed for at least few days.

How to temporarily fix Eden suicide bug: set waves to minimal (0-7%) and forecast, too.

• Like 1

Geez only in Arma can you die from the height of waves LOL

• Like 3

Sadly tsunamis are also a good way to die from wave height.

Back on topic: icebreakr, do you plan to release a Lingor version using Tanoa assets or do you prefer to stick with the current version/assets (and may be use the new tress and vegetation for a different project) ?

I'll see what Tanoa assets bring. Maybe it's time for a new project, I'm tired of fixing old stuff ;)

• Like 6

LOL 'back on topic'

"So Ice will you redo all of your islands with Tanoa stuff because I think it will look better and can you tell me the exact date you will be finished so I can mark my calendar"

Edit to add...

and while you're at it, you must redo all your vehicles and uniforms to better match the new terrain!  Your old stuff looks terrible now!  LOL

LOL 'back on topic'

"So Ice will you redo all of your islands with Tanoa stuff because I think it will look better and can you tell me the exact date you will be finished so I can mark my calendar"

Edit to add...

and while you're at it, you must redo all your vehicles and uniforms to better match the new terrain!  Your old stuff looks terrible now!  LOL

I could say the same thing about your Arma 2 vehicles. Don't you think it is about time to bring those good ole aircraft to Arma 3? I miss NightIntruder's Grumman C-1A Trader and your O2-A Skymaster. I think they would go very well with Tanoa.

I don't get instant death but I do take massive damage.

Changing the waves to 0% didn't help. I tried changing the year to 1987, that didn't help either (thought it was worth a try).

Congrats, you the 100th reporter of the 1.60 issue! Ding ding ding!

I'll issue a patch.

• Like 4

Congrats, you the 100th reporter of the 1.60 issue! Ding ding ding!

I'll issue a patch.

haha, good then :D

Thanks.

I don't get instant death but I do take massive damage.

Changing the waves to 0% didn't help. I tried changing the year to 1987, that didn't help either (thought it was worth a try).

Have all player units start inside of a vehicle. Fixed the swimming in the air and instant death issues for me.

I'll see what Tanoa assets bring. Maybe it's time for a new project, I'm tired of fixing old stuff ;)

One quick question: can you use Tanoa assets while they are in ebo ?

Good question. I assume he can, otherwise there would be riots in the streets in all the mayor cities, and a massive number of people marching to the BI's HQ  :) .

No. Also BIS provides no support on how to fix the lighting to post 1.60...

Oh ? I thought you could but it would make the TANOA APEX expansion a dependency ?

Hum... that's super bad news... :( 

Thx for the info anyway.

Well... they will open it up eventually I guess. Of course, separate island versions would be needed.

If so, how did the CUP team menage to get a fix out in like a day or two ? 

Maybe ask them ?

There must be a way to fix it if the CUP terrains were fixed.

The map is unplayable after the update which is really shitty considering it's such a good map and theres a lot of people who want to play on it

If so, how did the CUP team menage to get a fix out in like a day or two ? 

Maybe ask them ?

There must be a way to fix it if the CUP terrains were fixed.

The map is unplayable after the update which is really shitty considering it's such a good map and theres a lot of people who want to play on it

He has real life and is 1 person that has several terrains on his list to fix. Not to mention the new projects he has. Patience is always a virtue when it comes to mods for Arma.

• Like 2

I'm not at home... but have SSDs with my laptop. I'll issue fixes asap, just need to find a place with more than 60KB/s upload haha.

• Like 4

I'm really looking forward to playing this map with the Pilgrimage mod.

Nope, it's right. I had it today as well. It's probably caused by the update of CUP-TP.

The missing ibr_rn.pbo message could be because Lingor is dependent on Panthera, and the update to Panthera dropped that pbo as well as ibr_plants (not sure if that one would also throw the error).  So if you updated Panthera, that is likely it. :)