icebreakr

[IceBreakr/IBIS] Lingor & Dingor for A3

I'm trying to sort out WithSix dependencies with their team for 2 days now... hopefully they'll move 2 of my islands to my "right" account soon.

All my A3 islands have now dependency of "CUP Terrains Core" instead of AIATP.

Just to be clear, does this mean all maps needed to be re-downloaded?  I would assume so...

Thanks

Icebreakr, I have found an error/bug. 061017 admin building and others of the same type on the map are missing walls/floors in places.

I have come across a slight problem when using TPW HUD from TPW MODS on this map. It doesn't happen with other terrains or other modules within the same mod. It has taken quite a long time to narrow it down. It is fine when in mission, but the problem arises when the mission is saved and I attempt to resume the mission the next day. When the scenario is loading I get an exception error about an instruction referencing 0x00000000. The instruction could not be written. The RPT log points at TPW MODS, but this does not happen with other terrains, so I think it is more likely to be something with the map or something missing from the config that TPW uses. I'm afraid that that is the limit of my technical knowledge on this. 

I love the map and was disappointed to lose some that were building into very entertaining missions. I can manage without the HUD but it was just a little reward for me when I had killed an enemy with tactical glasses that I can use to enable the HUD.

I hope you can narrow it down but realise that it may not be a priority at the moment.

Icebreakr, I have found an error/bug. 061017 admin building and others of the same type on the map are missing walls/floors in places.

I have seen this, but it also happens on other terrains as well. The missing walls/floors are there but you can't see them. If you try to fire through them you will hear the sounds of your rounds hitting the wall. The walls are perfectly visible from outside the building. I think this could be a problem with CUP terrains, as I don't recall this problem when using AiA.

Someone reported this on another forum earlier this month, and said they had a fix, but I haven't been able to find it.

I am getting my server RPT bombed with entries like the following.

Old style material 204 used in ReportStack not available
Old style material 205 used in ReportStack not available
Key frame animation, no 'keyframe' property
Warnings in ibr\ibr_rn\ibr_most_bez_lamp.p3d:1
Warning: ibr\ibr_rn\ibr_most_bez_lamp.p3d:2.5 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 188, 186, 187
Warning: ibr\ibr_rn\ibr_most_bez_lamp.p3d:2.5 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 188, 187, 189
Warning: ibr\ibr_rn\ibr_most_bez_lamp.p3d:2.5 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 208, 206, 207
Warning: ibr\ibr_rn\ibr_most_bez_lamp.p3d:2.5 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 208, 207, 209
Warnings in ibr\ibr_rn\ibr_most_bez_lamp.p3d:2.5
Warnings in ibr\ibr_rn\ibr_most_bez_lamp.p3d:5
Warnings in ibr\ibr_rn\ibr_most_bez_lamp.p3d:9
Warnings in ibr\ibr_rn\ibr_most_bez_lamp.p3d:shadow(0)
Warnings in ibr\ibr_rn\ibr_most_bez_lamp.p3d:geometry
Warnings in ibr\ibr_rn\ibr_most_bez_lamp.p3d:geometryPhys
Warnings in ibr\ibr_rn\ibr_most_bez_lamp.p3d:memory
Warnings in ibr\ibr_rn\ibr_most_bez_lamp.p3d:roadway
Warnings in ibr\ibr_rn\ibr_most_bez_lamp.p3d:geometryView
Warnings in ibr\ibr_rn\ibr_most_bez_lamp.p3d:geometryFire
Warning: ibr\ibr_rn\ibr_most_stred30.p3d:1 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 91, 93, 92
Warning: ibr\ibr_rn\ibr_most_stred30.p3d:1 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 95, 94, 90
Warning: ibr\ibr_rn\ibr_most_stred30.p3d:1 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 95, 90, 91
Warning: ibr\ibr_rn\ibr_most_stred30.p3d:1 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 100, 108, 101
Warning: ibr\ibr_rn\ibr_most_stred30.p3d:1 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 103, 109, 102
Warning: ibr\ibr_rn\ibr_most_stred30.p3d:1 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 206, 207, 203
Warning: ibr\ibr_rn\ibr_most_stred30.p3d:1 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 206, 203, 202
Warning: ibr\ibr_rn\ibr_most_stred30.p3d:1 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 213, 220, 212
Warning: ibr\ibr_rn\ibr_most_stred30.p3d:1 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 214, 221, 215
Warnings in ibr\ibr_rn\ibr_most_stred30.p3d:1
Warning: ibr\ibr_rn\ibr_most_stred30.p3d:2.5 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 30, 0, 20
Warning: ibr\ibr_rn\ibr_most_stred30.p3d:2.5 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 21, 1, 31
Warning: ibr\ibr_rn\ibr_most_stred30.p3d:2.5 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 34, 2, 24
Warning: ibr\ibr_rn\ibr_most_stred30.p3d:2.5 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 25, 3, 35
Warning: ibr\ibr_rn\ibr_most_stred30.p3d:2.5 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 274, 272, 273
Warning: ibr\ibr_rn\ibr_most_stred30.p3d:2.5 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 274, 273, 275
Warning: ibr\ibr_rn\ibr_most_stred30.p3d:2.5 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 294, 292, 293
Warning: ibr\ibr_rn\ibr_most_stred30.p3d:2.5 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 294, 293, 295
Warnings in ibr\ibr_rn\ibr_most_stred30.p3d:2.5
Warnings in ibr\ibr_rn\ibr_most_stred30.p3d:5
Warnings in ibr\ibr_rn\ibr_most_stred30.p3d:9
Warnings in ibr\ibr_rn\ibr_most_stred30.p3d:shadow(0)
Warnings in ibr\ibr_rn\ibr_most_stred30.p3d:geometry
Warnings in ibr\ibr_rn\ibr_most_stred30.p3d:geometryPhys
Warnings in ibr\ibr_rn\ibr_most_stred30.p3d:memory
Warnings in ibr\ibr_rn\ibr_most_stred30.p3d:roadway
Warnings in ibr\ibr_rn\ibr_most_stred30.p3d:geometryView
Warnings in ibr\ibr_rn\ibr_most_stred30.p3d:geometryFire
Warnings in ibr\ibr_rn\ibr_most_stred30.p3d:shadow(1000)
Strange convex component24 in a3\structures_f\households\house_small02\u_house_small_02_v1_dam_f.p3d:geometryView

After only 5 minutes of the server being up, my RPT already had over 800k lines. Mostly filled with things like this.

If there is no fix for this sort of thing, I will have to stop using your maps for Wasteland. The RPT file on the server after 24 hours was over 300MB in size and the server crashed. It was filled with the above entries.

Interesting. I'll take a look into the issue. It's still beta ;)

• Like 1

Id even be up for a one-off version that had no external dependencies but was a few gigs in size. My mod pack size for the server is sitting around 16GB since CUP core is ~7.5GB alone. Like, maybe a side mod that would have all the necessary dependencies  for the map and none of the extra bloat. I remember not having this issue when your terrain depended on AiA. I wish the dependencies were optional aka you can choose AiA or CUP or the side mod that has all the necessary pbos for the terrain. 

Well blame it on the BIS for not providing assets of previous games. That has been a standard before OFP>A1>A2... A3 assets alone are one of the most useless ones in all games ever.

Would it not be useful though to just have a mod that has all the assets you use for your terrains? It would have the assets and not the full terrains? It would be like having AiA or CUP without the bloat of loading all the terrains you dont need.  You can then use it on all your maps.

For your upcoming map, will it be free of dependencies? At least of Arma 1/2 dependencies? There are a lot of really nice Arma 3 object and building addons. Just saying that making a terrain specifically for Arma 3 using Arma 3 content would be nice. I am looking forward to playing on it and making missions on it.

The alternative terrain to Lingor I like is Sarugao A3 but it is not indexed for ALiVE whereas Lingor A3 is.

No, I fully support CUP Terrains project and it will be required on all new maps. Otherwise map looks like Altis, they didn't give us not nearly enough assets to create something new from that. Or you get another Boringholm.

• Like 4

Will you overhaul your maps like Lingor and Duala in the future using Tanoa resources which will I guess fit in perfectly :)  ?

• Like 1

Will you overhaul your maps like Lingor and Duala in the future using Tanoa resources which will I guess fit in perfectly :)  ?

I agree! If Tanoa has the stuff you need, you could remove the reliance on CUP with the new stuff.

oh man I really wish BI will allow modders to use Arma and DayZ resources for modding their games...this would really make the old arma2 resources obsolete :rolleyes:

I agree! If Tanoa has the stuff you need, you could remove the reliance on CUP with the new stuff.

And whats wrong with CUP?

Maybe as new versions of island, current ones will remains as they are for the sake of all made missions. So expect something in lines of "Isla Duala 2016" with original remaining intact.

I seriously doubt they will have assets ready for all sceneries (desert, euro, ...), from what I've heard they're struggling even with Tanoa objects themselves.

• Like 2

Hi Icebreakr, any chance of some jungle sounds for Lingor? Or bush sounds for Duala? Cheers for the awesome maps! 

Lingor is a A2 map and as such had its own sound pack. I'll try to incorporate it into final 3.x release. It's on to-do.

• Like 6

Lingor is a A2 map and as such had its own sound pack. I'll try to incorporate it into final 3.x release. It's on to-do.

Awesome, looking forward to it. Thanks for the reply icebreakr. 

Just a quick update from me.

Island Thunder 2 campaign is well under way now, 5 missions down so far.

Only dependencies will be CUP and RHS.

• Like 4

Can anyone confirm this:

When you play the mission (play scenario) through the 3d editor (work in the 2d editor) your unit died straight away. 

The editor worked without any trouble on Isla Duala and Panthera.

We are using the latest Cup terrain and CBA.

Papanowel, I am having the same problem. Place any unit in the 3d editor, select play and unit immeadiately is killed. No problems with Panthera or Duala like you.

• Like 1