icebreakr

[IceBreakr/IBIS] Lingor & Dingor for A3

Removing the dependencies would mean the install is >2-3Gb - trust me - no-one wants that.

• Like 1

Hi ice great work, cant wait to see it completed (along with Duala and Dingor  :D )

i have something to ask though: why having different classnames for the cities in cfgWorlds>>>Names? For example, there is a calamar entry, which is a NameCityCapital with an extention of 90x90 and has a string of name="Calamar", and a ACityC_Calamar which is a CityCenter of 480x480 and a string Name=" " .

When using scripts using the getmarkersize kind of command to manage spawns related to city dimensions, wouldnt it be more comfortable having just one entry for each map point of interest with the top size, and maybe break down bigger entitites in neighboroughs? I see Stratis and Altis have but one entry for each map POI.

im not into terrain making and i just stumbled upon with particluar issue trying to use the Civilian Occupation Script which make use of the name and size of the city marker in order to detect its size and spawn stuff accordingly, but maybe there's some important reason you opted to break bigger cities in capitals and CityCenters (and to make CityCenters bigger and without a name), so if there's a reason i cannot really argue with that  :)

Bugs like these are "killing me"...

1. Fastropes (solid ones from chopper, not the sling type) go through the ground (at 13m height) and make splashes at the "water level"

2. AI units tend to "jump" / "swim" on height above 2-10m above the water level, even when water is not close nearby...

Any help guys?

• Like 1

So far only two bugs were found:

- terrain bug near 015,066

- floating petrol station boxes near racetrack on Central West

Expect final release soon.

This is how we test - AAR of Operation Antidote here ;) use translator to your langage.

2. AI units tend to "jump" / "swim" on height above 2-10m above the water level, even when water is not close nearby...

I've had empty Assault Boats in the water "jump" up and down between -10M below water and 10M above the water.  No idea what the issue is.  I have never seen it before on any other terrain.

I've had empty Assault Boats in the water "jump" up and down between -10M below water and 10M above the water.  No idea what the issue is.  I have never seen it before on any other terrain.

I had a similar bug with a manned and moving boat on Isla Duala. Screenshots

No clue how to fix that, it happens on altitudes lower than 10m. There is absolutely no support or documentation on how to fix that, so ... 

Removing the dependencies would mean the install is >2-3Gb - trust me - no-one wants that.

vs requiring aia (7.5gb) and panthera? idk id rather take the 2-3gb map over having more unused stuff thats just me though. i bet it could get down to 1.5gb somewhat like bornholm.

love your work icebreaker, make no mistake, i have enjoy all your maps.

• Like 1

vs requiring aia (7.5gb) and panthera? idk id rather take the 2-3gb map over having more unused stuff thats just me though. i bet it could get down to 1.5gb somewhat like bornholm.

love your work icebreaker, make no mistake, i have enjoy all your maps.

the point is though that the AiA assets are used by a lot of maps. so overall the size will be much smaller because you won't have clones of the same trees over and over on your hardrive. and so far every map i'Ve seen that doesn'T use strictly arma 3 assets uses basically a mix of arma 1-2 assets.

I support AiA TP and upcoming CUP pack. Why? Because it enables A1/A2 content and all mapmakers use it, it has become a standard.

My team plays on Panthera, Duala, Lingor. So basically if all maps would be "standalone" it would take x Gigs of data each, that is stupid.

I can remove the dependency of Panthera (it containts brg_africa, ibr_plants, ibr_rn object files etc.) but then all maps would require this "ibr_pack". Any clues what to do?

Panthera v3.35 is getting close to release, its a huge improvement with a lot of new ground, so this is the perfect time to change something on that level.

• Like 3

I can remove the dependency of Panthera (it containts brg_africa, ibr_plants, ibr_rn object files etc.) but then all maps would require this "ibr_pack". Any clues what to do?

Pursuade the CUPS team to integrate the brg and ibr stuff into their terrains pbo?

• Like 2

Here's a video on this bug in Sahrani:

It's a long lasting issue and nobody seems to be aware on how to fix it. In the case of the video, it's only happening on a dedicated server.

• Like 1

I've found one major bug. No matter what my graphics settings are on, as soon as i enter Calamar, my game crashes. There's something in Calamar that freezes my game and forces me to close. I've had it happen on a few servers, thus causing me to be stuck there for ever until either a server wipe entirely, or sometimes it will never get wiped. Not sure what's in that town, but it runs great otherwise. FPS is top notch. I could have my view distance on full, objects on full. I'll look at Calamar and be fine, in the distance. When i get closer around the airfield, my game freezes. Please, if you can fix this, the port will be perfect.

I've found one major bug. No matter what my graphics settings are on, as soon as i enter Calamar, my game crashes. There's something in Calamar that freezes my game and forces me to close. I've had it happen on a few servers, thus causing me to be stuck there for ever until either a server wipe entirely, or sometimes it will never get wiped. Not sure what's in that town, but it runs great otherwise. FPS is top notch. I could have my view distance on full, objects on full. I'll look at Calamar and be fine, in the distance. When i get closer around the airfield, my game freezes. Please, if you can fix this, the port will be perfect.

AIATP, you need to install the hotfix for AIATP

I'm so tired that people miss that AIATP hotfix link all the time. Start using Play WithSix dammit ;)

p.s. CUP where art thou! :)

• Like 2

I've noticed a pretty big bug on Lingor A3.

The Nimitz Aircraft carrier basically spawns 2 carriers on top of themselves if you attempt to place the carrier in the ocean around lingor.  

I tested this in different parts of the ocean..then I tested it on 7 other maps.  The bug only occurs on Lingor.

Just FYI.

Maybe not enough depth? I'm installing this addon and I'll see what I can do.

We've tested out Nimitz and works a-ok? Try out new v0.94 of that addon and don't forget latest CBA as its required for Nimitz to work properly.

We've tested out Nimitz and works a-ok? Try out new v0.94 of that addon and don't forget latest CBA as its required for Nimitz to work properly.

Have you updated the bridges on Lingor to match the bridges on Panthera so the AI can drive over them?

i figured out what it was. It was a virtualization issue using ALiVE. Got it fixed. Thanks.

i figured out what it was. It was a virtualization issue using ALiVE. Got it fixed. Thanks.

If you don't mind me asking what was the issue?  ALiVE was virtualizing the carrier when players were out of range?

If you don't mind me asking what was the issue?  ALiVE was virtualizing the carrier when players were out of range?

I had hit "virtualize all editor placed units" so the Hornets and carrier were "wigging out" when virtualized since it defaults their height back to 0.

• Like 1

Have you updated the bridges on Lingor to match the bridges on Panthera so the AI can drive over them?

It's a bit more difficult as long bridges are not tall enough (pylons)... waiting on a guy that might do a new bridge for me.

• Like 1