icebreakr

[IceBreakr/IBIS] Lingor & Dingor for A3

you destroyed my weekend plans Icebreaker!!!! LINGOR!!! DROOL! off to editor :)

awesome release!

• Like 1

Wahoo... p.s. I Sent a report to Admins re:moving to Complete

God I love this map.

Regarding the bridge issue. I remember in A2 the bridge would be visible on the map, like at least the pathing would. On the editor here it dissapeared. Could that be related to the problem reported before about AIs unwilling to cross it?

New mod v3.0-beta available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey icebreakr , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

Thank you very much good sir  :) . And I'm gonna quote vestigefox now.

you destroyed my weekend plans Icebreaker!!!! LINGOR!!! DROOL! off to editor  :)

so far really nice only thing is bugging me is aia buildings there so buggy but the map is really nice

Dingor will be released, too.

Here's couple of shots from our yesterday's squadnight ;)

• Like 1

You bastard....i was just going to bed,then I have a look at Armaholic.And LINGOR HAS RELEASED!Arrrgh-It's 1am!Oh ok...here i go :D

Now we need missions to better enjoy this old classic =)

I strongly agree-so many great islands coming out like Kunduz,Hindu Kush,islaa Dual etc...and there are basically no missions/campaigns or any of them

I loaded up this island, put my scripts into the mission folder, ran my mission template on lingor and it simply worked.

Thanks for bringing this marvelous island to A3. It's always nice to see some properly configures maps.

On a sidenote, do you plan to replace the worldnames of your islands to sanitized strings like "Lingor" instead of "lingor3"?

Might be only me and it's really just a minor issue to add exceptions in my scripts using worldname command in conversations.

Also getting a invalid expression error with a line like "/*--------------------------------------".

Really enjoying a little stroll on lingor.

Cheers

On a sidenote, do you plan to replace the worldnames of your islands to sanitized strings like "Lingor" instead of "lingor3"?

Might be only me and it's really just a minor issue to add exceptions in my scripts using worldname command in conversations.

Have you tried with this instead?

_mapName = getText (configFile >> "CfgWorlds" >> worldName >> "description");

Also getting a invalid expression error with a line like "/*--------------------------------------".

We got that a week ago in a client with an outdated @CBA.

Have you tried with this instead?

_mapName = getText (configFile >> "CfgWorlds" >> worldName >> "description");

We got that a week ago in a client with an outdated @CBA.

tried it with the description getText, returns Isla Duala V3.33 on isla duala or Lingor v3.0beta, heh.

worldName always works with islands, the description seems to be missing in most user made islands.

Naming conventions can be a pain, but it's just a minor inconvenience, fixed by adding one single line of code.

Updating CBA now, somehow PWS didn't do it.

Cheers

Just a little video for your great job. Kudos to you, IceBreakr !

• Like 3

Dunno... tell me guys now if I should change that?

p.s. any bugs found? So far I only found two two gaspumps floating a bit on West raceway parking space.

Fantastic terrain! Are there plans to bring some of the units to Arma 3 as well? It would be amazing to have vehicles like the Leopard 1A5, ZSU-57 and VAB. Perhaps it's something CUP could help with (as they did with the CH-53 :)).

I have basically no knowledge on converting vehicle units from A2 to A3, so I didn't even gather a lot of permissions yet  :( A2 has been really great with units, we're still lacking a lot of stuff (Squirrel & Gazelle choppers, Su-24, Viggen, Mig-21 etc.), but some of new units are already in production. I hope to include infantry sides soon and P1nGa is trying to make the jetski work in A3 with new physics.

• Like 1

Been roaming the island quite a bit, didn't notice anything odd. Got my own civilian population scripts having AI wander around and didn't notice anything in these regards.

Performance in Maruko is a bit low, but that's the same for the A2 version of lingor and most likely due to the building count in that area.

About changing the worldName like I said, no idea if other people see this as an issue, since it's fixed by one line of code on my side.

Had a blast cruising around on lingor already, can't wait to do some missions.

Cheers

icebreakr, I found a large boulder inside a shed the other day. if that is not on purpose ill find it again and give you the grid it is in.

and on a side note, with a small mod set, alive, rhs: esc, acre2, ace3, aiatp panthera, dula, lingor, kunduz, caribou, hazarkot and mcc. I get a game freeze Every time i fly over the southern central airfield. every time. 

Its kinda hard to not play with ace and the few others if i can ill test with just aiatp, panthera, and lingor. 

im not using alive at all on the map. as its not indexed yet by the alive team. Its just running on my client. the freezes happened while flying the a-10 around. second time an MCC mission, with a few AA units and me flying. third time again just me flying on an empty map. each time my pc froze flying over the southern airbase.

I have basically no knowledge on converting vehicle units from A2 to A3, so I didn't even gather a lot of permissions yet  :( A2 has been really great with units, we're still lacking a lot of stuff (Squirrel & Gazelle choppers, Su-24, Viggen, Mig-21 etc.), but some of new units are already in production. I hope to include infantry sides soon and P1nGa is trying to make the jetski work in A3 with new physics.

I see. Not intending to nag, but I'm certain there are many people who would assist with such things if you reached out.  :)

Looking forward to that jetski!

Great map but after playing for a while I get black screen especially when flying around the island. I don't have this issue with other islands.
I will do some further testing to be sure though.

Hi Icebreakr,

well done and what an overwhelming visual splendor.
...just playing around it´s so much fun and a great adventure.  :)

No issues so far.

Greetings

McLupo