boombastic

Question about AI behavior in different factions and other AI settings.

1. Does anybody know if there is any difference between arma 3 factions in battle preferences ???
I mean does AI controlled NATO units behave exactly the same like CSAT on battlefield ? Maybe it have some special faction abilities tweaked more to each faction in the game ? 
Just for example: CSAT units react and aim little bit faster.... and NATO units have faster run and animation speed... e.t.c
Maybe there even more global changes like slightly different battle style ?
I ask just because i play a lot (only single player) ... and over a time i have strange feeling that there is different behavior in battlefield between arma 3 factions...

2. The other question is there any difference in unit preferences inside the same faction, i mean does recon unit have different abilities compare to regular unit (with same skill settings) ???

3. What unit parameters exactly changes while i set "Skill" bar in unit preferences?

4. And last question, does sniper ghile uniform really hide you more from AI or it don't have any effect at all ?

Thank you! 

1. They all use the same behaviours, the AI is dynamic so they will choose different paths each time, e.g in agia marina theres a fireteam that your shooting at, two guys will come down the most obvious route, one might flank around through an alleyway and a forth one might hang back.

2. Other than gear differenfces in terms of things like overall weight, there is no difference between infantry units. They simply have different gear.

3. I assume its just a generic modifier for the more specific setSkill values (in this case, all of them).

4. Sniper ghille to my knowledge doesn't make you more stealthy at all, its simply for show against AI.

There are some mods that go into this in some detail, but I'm not sure regards A3 mods. It is much better to set factions and units up to have varying skills, but of course its also time consuming, but once done, it only needs tweaking from time to time as the factions grow. But yes it is possible, but in mods only, for any in-depth detail really.

:)

1. There should be no difference between comparable units of different factions. If you find one it's a bug and please let us know.

Different units (or units inside vehicles) can have slightly different properties. But it should be always obvious (hearing/spotting inside vehicle, less visible unit in ghilie suit...). One configured difference is also ability to repair or use medkit. (however, e.g. Zeus uses a class that is configured as both to limit this ability purely by possessing the appropriate item) If you find a discrepancy which isn't communicated and obvious then again it's a bug and u know the deal ;)

Skill slider sets the unit's general skill that gets copied over to the individual sub-skills (unless you then define those manually by script command)

Confirming the ghilie reduces how much you're visible to the AI

• Like 1

Yes, I would agree with the post above.. If you see vanilla AI doing anything remotely intelligent, report it.. It will most definitely be a bug. ;)

Tongue in cheek (with a pinch of truth).

• Like 1

Yes, I would agree with the post above.. If you see vanilla AI doing anything remotely intelligent, report it.. It will most definitely be a bug. ;)

Totally lol

• Like 1

Maybe the devs should develop a better detection system? Like being able to sense how loud your footsteps are depending on terrain type (like DayZ) and being able too see you. (Instead of having them look left/right once, while you are sneaking up to him)