persius

Setting waypoints for UAV's

I've been sitting here now for a couple of hours trying to set waypoints for my UAV to follow.   To be as accurate as I possibly can be, I'll include all details of where I am and what I'm trying to do.

1. I'm playing in the NATO, showcase. Testing all vehicles/UAV's etc.

2. I'm able to take off and land UAV's without issues.  I'm also able to manually laze & lock on targets and fire all weapons.

3. I'm trying to set waypoints without success.   I've done the reading and watched the youtube video's but when it comes time to "click" on the map, no waypoints appear regardless of what I do.  

The youtube video's state that all you need to do is launch a UAV, and left click on the map and the waypoints appear and from there you right click on the select WP and other options appear as far as altitude, tasking etc. are concerned.   Clearly, my UAV is not being recognized on the map and I'm unable to select the flying UAV and therefore no WP's can be designated.

I'm quite confused as to why this is not working.  When my UAV is airborne, I click the "M" key to open the map and I'm trying to set WP's.  Is this wrong or is there another map that I'm overlooking?

As stated, I'm left clicking the mouse as instructed but no WP's are created.  Is there a problem with my game configuration and my shift key is not programed into the game controls?  If so, I've already looked but I have no idea where this issue originates.

I would really appreciate hearing back from somebody who can help resolve this problem.

Thank you.

I believe that to control the UAV you need to open UAV terminal not map.There you can set waypoints.(you can find UAV terminal if you scrollwheel

and see action menu on the left.I'm assuming you are gaming vannila arma 3.

I've been sitting here now for a couple of hours trying to set waypoints for my UAV to follow.   To be as accurate as I possibly can be, I'll include all details of where I am and what I'm trying to do.

1. I'm playing in the NATO, showcase. Testing all vehicles/UAV's etc.

2. I'm able to take off and land UAV's without issues.  I'm also able to manually laze & lock on targets and fire all weapons.

3. I'm trying to set waypoints without success.   I've done the reading and watched the youtube video's but when it comes time to "click" on the map, no waypoints appear regardless of what I do.  

The youtube video's state that all you need to do is launch a UAV, and left click on the map and the waypoints appear and from there you right click on the select WP and other options appear as far as altitude, tasking etc. are concerned.   Clearly, my UAV is not being recognized on the map and I'm unable to select the flying UAV and therefore no WP's can be designated.

I'm quite confused as to why this is not working.  When my UAV is airborne, I click the "M" key to open the map and I'm trying to set WP's.  Is this wrong or is there another map that I'm overlooking?

As stated, I'm left clicking the mouse as instructed but no WP's are created.  Is there a problem with my game configuration and my shift key is not programed into the game controls?  If so, I've already looked but I have no idea where this issue originates.

I would really appreciate hearing back from somebody who can help resolve this problem.

Thank you.

Step 1 - Connect UAV Terminal to UAV

Step 2 - Open UAV Terminal from Scroll Menu

Step 3 - Right or Left Click on map to designated Waypoint. To set multiple Waypoints, hold left CTRL, and do the same to set multiple waypoints.

Thanks for replying.  I'll go in and take another look.  I'll report back to let you know if it worked.

Cheers

Hi Guys.
Well, it finally worked.   Thanks for your help.  The key was working on the map in the UAV terminal.   The youtube videos weren't very clear on that but it's up and running now.
Thanks again.

Cheers