Sign in to follow this  
sdigyherjglö

transparent terrain

I zero my scope and aim carefully at the top of the hill in the distance towards a couple of silhouetting hostile soldiers.

Holding my breath I squeeze the trigger, confident in the shot and my Mk14 goes bang.

In intense anticipatiion of the kill shot I suddenly see a spurt of dirt mid air in front of one of the soldiers and realize the perfectly aligned shot was a waste as my targets are just teasing behind a magic transparent defilade.

Is this something thats being adressed by the developer?

The distant terrain is simplified. So the ground you see isn't necessarily actually there.

Setting the terrain detail higher in the options helps a bit.

Also if the mission or server provides grass detail setting, you need to set it to the max.

Changing draw distance, terrain detail w/e doesn't change a thing except frame rate :P

Shooting at longer ranges with all the bad terrain is a more or less random exercise and thus quite frustrating.

I guess the developer isn't all that hawt on fixing it.

Changing draw distance, terrain detail w/e doesn't change a thing except frame rate :P

Shooting at longer ranges with all the bad terrain is a more or less random exercise and thus quite frustrating.

I guess the developer isn't all that hawt on fixing it.

It did help to me.I had same problem, until I changed object distance in settings.I have yet to see floating rocks yet.

Oh I realized that we are not talking about quite the same thing.The distance level really is lacking.

There is the addon "mark 1 eyeballs" which takes interesting experiment of looking through binos

far out.And don't even start on mid distance terrain cull.

the problem is the way the polycount of the terrain mesh is reduced doesn't really account for silhouette staying intact. so if you were already at nearly max terrain detail you won't see much change. as Greenfist said. it helps "a bit". it's an old very frustrating problem. arma could really benefit from dynamic tesselation or something. kind of restoring detail when you look through the scope for that area you are focussing on.

• Like 1

On the server, the "landscape" is always low, it does not depend on our settings.
It is necessary to exclude the north of the value of "landscape" with a lower value. This is an alternative solution. I showed my ticket in the video. It is very similar to foul play.
http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=23891