GrumpyRhino

Medium Utility Helicopters

Hi Wiki,

Thank you for posting the bugs.

• I'll try and add an event handler to get the Merlin to close its doors. The problem is, that the FFV positions needs the helicopters to start with their doors open to be activated. Otherwise you(and the AI) would be able to shoot through the closed doors.
  • I'll add a cross on the Medevacs nose.
  • I'm still testing different pilot animations for the helicopters, so stick/throttle positions might need to be changed.
  • I'll check the spelling.

The old Huey Pack is on pause for the time being. I don't have enough time to work on both mods at the same time. But I hope to be able to import and upgrade some of the helicopters into the MUH mod.

Once the MUH mod is complete I expect that many of the things I have learned, can simply be copy pasted into the old hueys.

Ok, thanks.

BTW, for the Merlin, at least close the cargo door.

The main door can be opened, but the cargo door opened is really strange.

I was having a beer while I had this thought:

Aren't ALL utility helicopters mediumsize??

I was having a beer while I had this thought:

Aren't ALL utility helicopters mediumsize??

You also have the light utility class like the Little Birds and the UH-72 Lakota,

and then there's the heavy class like the CH-53.

Concerning the MH-53 will you work on something?

Great job, but it needs some litle fixies. Fix the seat positions and ammo belts on the UH-1H XM-21.

Not sure if anyone has seen this but just recently I made a mission where you use the UH-1H "XM-16" or UH-1H "XM-21" (I can't remember the exact variant used). Anyway, whenever my co-pilot gets in the bird he must got to the far back right of the chopper to access the get in function for the bird and then if he gets out he falls from the sky. I don't know if this was addressed in the most recent mod update, but I am about to play the mission again and find out.

EDIT: I can confirm that the copilot still dies when he gets out of the helicopter via falling from the sky.

Concerning the MH-53 will you work on something?

I was just using it as an example, I don't have enough free time to create a helicopter from scratch. Also I believe someone else is working on a CH-53

Updated mod v1.1 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Thank you, kecharles28.

Great job, but it needs some litle fixies. Fix the seat positions and ammo belts on the UH-1H XM-21.

Most helicopters will get their seats completely redone.

Ammo belts are time consuming to make/tweak. For now, I have placed them at a lower priority on the to do-list.

Not sure if anyone has seen this but just recently I made a mission where you use the UH-1H "XM-16" or UH-1H "XM-21" (I can't remember the exact variant used). Anyway, whenever my co-pilot gets in the bird he must got to the far back right of the chopper to access the get in function for the bird and then if he gets out he falls from the sky. I don't know if this was addressed in the most recent mod update, but I am about to play the mission again and find out.

EDIT: I can confirm that the copilot still dies when he gets out of the helicopter via falling from the sky.

I forgot to add the enter/exit memory points to the config for this helicopter, I'll get it fixed.

Will the update be available to those who do not wish to use steam workshop?

It will, I'm just a bit slow to get everything together.

Thank you, foxhound.

I only have very little time for modding in the coming months, so I will be slow responding on the forum and making updates, but the work to get the mod 100% completed will continue.

In almost all UH helicopters when you turn on main light at night it will blind the pilot.

Hi Rhino, my group and I have been using this mod a lot recently, it's a good one. We have been flying the UH-1D a bunch and I love the AFM integration.

I hate to bring up another issue for you, but is there any way to increase the performance of the Huey's when they do a hard landing with the AFM? I've ton about 2 hours worth of testing on this issue and with AFM they have a tendency to bounce and roll quite a bit on auto-rotation landings. This only happens on AFM.

Thank you,

there is still another issue might be handy to try pbo project that that will detect the errors for you

7:37:22 File GR_Medium_Utility_Helicopters\GR_UH1H.hpp, line 63: '/CfgVehicles/GR_UH1H_1_base.maxFordingDepth': Missing ';' at the end of line

@reforger - I'm creating some variety textures for GR's mod; aiming to have a good selection to release around December (time constraints unfortunately). BW SAR will be represented.

@reforger - I'm creating some variety textures for GR's mod; aiming to have a good selection to release around December (time constraints unfortunately). BW SAR will be represented.

Sounds great! Did you already created a WIP-thread?

Hi, I have subscribed to this mod and activated it via the mods section of the launcher, when I launch the game it shows up on the installed addons list/icons, however when I open the editor the units are not listed, anyone else ran across this issue?

Tried so far:
Unubscribing and deleting files, then resubscribing and reinstalling files
Changing Mod order
Loading only this mod

Hello! I've tried UH-1's and they have one issue- the cockpit is based on Bell 212/412 (twin engine) model, so in fact default cockpit would be more realistic IMHO. Thanks!

Another issue are light in Huey- they make too much glare on a windsheld and You cannot see anything during the night. Cockpit light would be nice. Also Mi-17's artificial horizon doesn't seem to work right.

First of,

Thx for a great mod, Loving the huey's.

1 slight issue ive found though,

Im making a mission with your helicopters, involving a dedicated Medevac chopper.

So Heavly wounded men (mostly unconscious) can be transported to the field hospital.

This is done using ACE3, The problem is that ACE interact is not working on any of the helicopters,

I know Mod vs Mod compatibility is not a popular thing, but given ACE is propably one of the most frequently used mods, it might be worth looking at ?.

But again thnx for Your hard work !

First of,

Thx for a great mod, Loving the huey's.

1 slight issue ive found though,

Im making a mission with your helicopters, involving a dedicated Medevac chopper.

So Heavly wounded men (mostly unconscious) can be transported to the field hospital.

This is done using ACE3, The problem is that ACE interact is not working on any of the helicopters,

I know Mod vs Mod compatibility is not a popular thing, but given ACE is propably one of the most frequently used mods, it might be worth looking at ?.

But again thnx for Your hard work !

Our squad is using UNSUNG and ace3 and have no problems using the UH-1H medevacs for their intended purposes. If you need help with the modules PM me and we can help. 

GR, 

I was wondering if you had any plans to fix some minor issues with the mods themselves, both med pack Hueys and the Huey pack ones. There are some minor differences in between both packs, I was hoping that you were going to address them at some point. I have a list of what we have found in our extensive use of both of these mods. Would you like me to PM you or do you have a place to post things like that?

I would like to be clear, we are absolutely NOT complaining!!! I include MUH and HP in just about every custom pack we make. All of us are in love with both packs!!

~S