?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

MUH pbo

Key

Bisign

Steam

Advanced Flight Model implemented.

The weapons mounted on some of the helicopters effects how the helicopters handles. when fully loaded with both gun/rockets-ammo and passengers, helicopters might have difficulties taking off.

In the Mil Mi-17 'Heavy Rockets' it can help to release the wheel brake and do a rolling takeoff. (Releasing wheel brakes only works when AFM is enabled)

The old school hueys have an inbuilt option to display symbols. The symbols are placed on the nose and on each side of the tail. The helicopters with this option are:

Classname:            Displayname:
GR_UH1H_1            UH-1H 'XM16'
GR_UH1H_2            UH-1H 'LMG'
GR_UH1H_5            UH-1H 'Rocket-48'
GR_UH1H_6            UH-1H
GR_UH1H_7            UH-1H 'XM21'

Use this in the units init field or in a trigger:

[this, "Put_Symbol_Name_Here", nil] call bis_fnc_initVehicle;

replace 'this' with the units name if in trigger.

You can choose between the following symbols:

MUH_Blank    //(No symbol)
MUH_Private    
MUH_Corporal
MUH_Sergeant
MUH_Lieutenant
MUH_Captain
MUH_Major
MUH_Colonel
MUH_General
MUH_Swords
MUH_Shield
MUH_Letter_V
MUH_Letter_A

You can also create your own symbols. Use setObjectTexture to get them on the helicopter:

Unit_Name setObjectTexture [0, "\pathname\texturename.paa"]; //Nose
Unit_Name setObjectTexture [1, "\pathname\texturename.paa"]; //Tail right
Unit_Name setObjectTexture [2, "\pathname\texturename.paa"]; //Tail left

Some helicopters can change skins. Not all skins are available for all helicopters.
The old school hueys have no alternative skins at the moment.

Use this in the units init field or in a trigger:

[this, "Put_Skin_Name_Here", nil] call bis_fnc_initVehicle;

replace 'this' with the units name if in trigger.

You can choose between the following skins:

MUH_Medic_Red(only for Bell 412 'Rescue')
MUH_Medic_Blue(only for Bell 412 'Rescue')
MUH_Flamingo
MUH_Frostfire
MUH_Parrot
MUH_Blue
MUH_Shark
MUH_Vrana
MUH_Wasp
MUH_Sheriff
MUH_Coast_Guard
MUH_Sun
MUH_Military (only for UH-1N 'Transport' and UH-1N 'Gunship')
MUH_Vietnam (only for UH-1N 'Transport' and UH-1N 'Gunship')
AW101_Green (only for AW101)
AW101_Dark (only for AW101)
UH60_Grey (only for UH-60)
UH60_Dark (only for UH-60)
MUH_CDF (only for the Mil-Mi family)
MUH_RedStar (only for the Mil-Mi family)
MUH_AMA (only for the Mil-Mi family)
MUH_ACR (only for the Mil-Mi family)
MUH_IND (only for the Mil-Mi family)
MUH_UN (only for the Mil-Mi family)

Important information:

• Mounted weapons and their ammunition are explicitly configured(weight) for the helicopter they are mounted on.
  • All helicopters have dampeners to increase the chance of surviving a crash landing. But they only work if you crash land on your landing gear.
  • While flying you will shift slightly in your seat. This will cause the HUD (UH-1H 'XM16', UH-1H 'XM21', UH-1H 'Rocket-48') to be slightly off-target when maneuvering your helicopter.

Bugs/issues:

• Changing the normal passenger positions into fire from vehicle positions, causes the soldiers to clip through their seats. I'll redo the seats for the helicopters to fix this.
  • Some side positions are clipping into the side of the helicopters body, I'll modify the helicopters to make more room for passengers.
  • Helicopters seems too damage resistant when taking fire. I hope it can be solved with a simple config tweak.
  • AW101 has an FFV bug. Getting the FFV seats tied to the correct door is causing problems.
  • Not all helicopters have their lights working correctly (collision lights, landing lights).

This mod is released under the following license:

ARMA PUBLIC LICENSE SHARE ALIKE (APL-SA)

APL-SA.png

Unbinarized models will be made available when bugs have been fixed.

Next update:

Steam version has been updated.

Other links will be updated soon.

Credits:

• Bohemia Interactive - Arma models, sounds and textures, TKOH models, sounds and textures, Advanced Flight Model files.
  • ColonelHartigan - Weapon configs, Textures.
  • Cptdavo - Rotorblade textures (from the old Huey Pack).
  • Kukus - Animations.
  • GrumpyRhino - Modifying/porting helicopter models, configs.

• deltagamer - Unbinarized helicopters helped me figure out the model.cfg for the AW101 : http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27713
  • petracephas - Rotor bug solution: Adding "rotor_center" and "rotor_02_center" to the memory lod. "rotor_02_center" being the tail rotor.

More info to follow...

Edited by GrumpyRhino
  • Like 11

Having loads of fun with these new birds, Just a couple things I noticed and was wondering about,  and some bugs I wanted to report. 

-When running RHS, CUP Vehicles, Massi's SF Vehicles, OR Chairbornes Helicopter Ports (Or all of them together like I am :P) The rocket pods do not show up on the MI-8 Series. The weapons are still usable but are just... not there.

-Most Helicopters do not show up in zeus

-MK-48 is not that accurate ( seams a bit off) with iron sights (All of the other guns seam good to me)

-No "Hip Fire HUD" but that could be a design choice, so ignore if it is

-And finally is the MIL MI-8 suppose to have no back doors? I think I have seen some polish ones without them but I cannot be sure.

-Can all of this skins be made available as sub nations under NATO and/or CSAT or as there own country's? So that we do not have to put in a script to get each one?

I included some pictures please forgive the large size of them. I will delete the pictures once you have had a chance to see them :). 

(Pictures Deleted)

That's the reason I still use the old version. I hope that GrumpyRhino can fix that.

Having loads of fun with these new birds, Just a couple things I noticed and was wondering about,  and some bugs I wanted to report. 

-When running RHS, CUP Vehicles, Massi's SF Vehicles, OR Chairbornes Helicopter Ports (Or all of them together like I am :P) The rocket pods do not show up on the MI-8 Series. The weapons are still usable but are just... not there.

-MK-48 is not that accurate ( seams a bit off) with iron sights (All of the other guns seam good to me)

-No "Hip Fire HUD" but that could be a design choice, so ignore if it is

-And finally is the MIL MI-8 suppose to have no back doors? I think I have seen some polish ones without them but I cannot be sure.

-Can all of this skins be made available as sub nations under NATO and/or CSAT or as there own country's? So that we do not have to put in a script to get each one?

• The rocket pods are using the default names from previous Arma games. I assume this is what's causing the problem. I'll try to rename the rocket pods.
  • I completely forgot about Zeus. I'll try to get it fixed.
  • I'll take a second look at the MK-48 config.
  • I can make an alternative weapon configuration with the white crosshairs.
  • I was hoping to be able to add backdoors as an optional component. If I can't make it work, I'll just add extra Mil-Mi's with backdoors.
  • Using skins as scripts is to avoid cluttering the selection menu with tons of options. I can easily add more options, but if you are using a lot of mods, it can get very confusing.

Thank you for your feedback.

Great work! The quality of the helicoters and the possibility to add diffrerent skins is really good.

One little issue: The armed Merlin does not have countermeasures.

Fantastic Screen Shots on Armaholic. Very Cool.

Um just to clarify (I was kinda confused when I used the MI 8 , MIL 17) the troop capacity of a MI-8T is 24 troops or 3000kg Slung, and the cargo capacity of a MIL-17V is 30 troops or 4000Kg internal load, or 5000Kg slung.

But otherwise I love the mod. Im glad to see someone finally added the Hueys from TKoH (still hope someone adds a super hind), and the flight models feel very realistic, good job.

Thank you Foxhound

I have decided to postpone the next update to saturday september 5.

I don't want people to have to download a 500 MB mod to get only 3 config fixes.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the mod.

• The helicopters will not be a completely realistic representation of the real world versions.
  • Most helicopters have had their passenger capacity reduced compared to real world versions.
  • I'll look into the missing counter measures on the AW101 'Armed'.

Getting them into zeus is simple (incase you've not already done it)

First, obviously check the class names are correct in CfgPatches>units.

If so and they still don't show in zeus, put scopeCurator = 2; in each vehicles class. (or base class if you have that)

Hi GrumpyRhino,

in a word:

Great!

Thanks for this outstanding job.

One of the best chopper packs one can get.

Greetings

McLupo

Awesome Hueys!
Please add UH-1N USMC texture like this: 

https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8483/8252769973_1323e68407.jpg

http://www.aviationspectator.com/files/images/UH-1N-Huey-helicopter-062.jpg
and version with LMGs or miniguns too :)

also there is little issue - UH-1 with door gunners have ability to close "main cabin door" - doorgunner can shot through closed door. And this "main cabin door" called "cargo door" IRL.

Great mod!

I found one small issue. The searchlights on the UH-1H "Glow" are really cool, but you can't shoot out the lights and the searchlight itself doesn't light up when active, even though the searchlight is perfectly functional.

Keep up the good work  :D

Re Mi-8 doorless version - why not just make 'em FFV positions? =)

Also Merlin and UH-1N default NATO skin / Mi-8 CSAT, AAF and FIA(captured) textures would be awesome. More integration with vanilla "timeline" + wider mission possibilities on default terrains!

Lovely job Rhino, thanks so much.

It all works beautifully and looks great

One query that springs to mind...how might one force the opening or closing of doors as part of a mission?

I love the option for the pilot to close doors to certain aircraft in the action menu, but how does one take that action and implement it in .sqf?

This is great! Thanks so much for integrating the advanced flight model. I'm having fun just loading everything to the max then trying to land on mountain peaks and what not. The UH-1's with the advanced flight model for Vietnam scenarios is something I've wanted to see for a long time and now it's possible. I hope this gets more people interested in the new flight model.

a few config errors

9:51:22 File GR_Medium_Utility_Helicopters\GR_Bell412.hpp, line 61: '/CfgVehicles/GR_Bell412_1_base.maxFordingDepth': Missing ';' at the end of line
 9:51:22 File GR_Medium_Utility_Helicopters\GR_UH1N.hpp, line 61: '/CfgVehicles/GR_UH1N_1_base.maxFordingDepth': Missing ';' at the end of line
 9:51:22 File GR_Medium_Utility_Helicopters\GR_UH1H.hpp, line 63: '/CfgVehicles/GR_UH1H_1_base.maxFordingDepth': Missing ';' at the end of line
 9:51:22 File GR_Medium_Utility_Helicopters\GR_MilMi.hpp, line 83: '/CfgVehicles/GR_MilMi_base.maxFordingDepth': Missing ';' at the end of line

Love the pack so far! Just one thing I noticed is that the UH-1 "Glow" has a spotlight on the top of the bird? Might just be incorrect placement. Thought I would point that out for when you turn on the lights and the pilot/copilot get blinded. Other than that I haven't found any other issues with the birds so far. Also, any chance that you will be adding anymore Hueys to the pack? I really enjoyed the Huey pack that you made a while back.

The Steam version has now been updated. I'll wait with the other links untill I know if things are working.

Changelog:

• AW101 Merlin 'Armed' now has countermeasures.
  • AW101 Merlin 'Armed' MK48 guns are now a little less accurate.
  • Added classnames for Zeus compatibility.
  • Mil-Mi rocketpods have been added directly into the models, instead of adding them as proxies. I hope this fixes compatibility issues with other mods.
  • Fixed a few config errors.

Nice work but i can't get one thing

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/429320160978798497/4491A029CDE8AE5554D58A5789A02E3230E33AD6/

why that UH-1 has 2 main rotor heads? one huey and TKOH medium rotor head?  :blink:

When I began porting the TKOH model I replaced the rotorblades with the ones from Arma 2. To get the new blades aligned correctly I left some of the original in place, I just forgot to delete the extra rotorhead once the new blades was in place. I'll get it corrected.

Please add UH-1N USMC texture like this: 

https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8483/8252769973_1323e68407.jpg

http://www.aviationspectator.com/files/images/UH-1N-Huey-helicopter-062.jpg
and version with LMGs or miniguns too :)

also there is little issue - UH-1 with door gunners have ability to close "main cabin door" - doorgunner can shot through closed door. And this "main cabin door" called "cargo door" IRL.

There might be added a marine version later on, if I can get it working.

I don't think it's possible to disable the doorgunners when closing the doors, or at least I don't know how to.

I found one small issue. The searchlights on the UH-1H "Glow" are really cool, but you can't shoot out the lights and the searchlight itself doesn't light up when active, even though the searchlight is perfectly functional.

The glow version is lacking behind in its updates. I'll put some more work into it.

Re Mi-8 doorless version - why not just make 'em FFV positions? =)

Also Merlin and UH-1N default NATO skin / Mi-8 CSAT, AAF and FIA(captured) textures would be awesome. More integration with vanilla "timeline" + wider mission possibilities on default terrains!

Adding lots of FFV positions will clutter the action menu of the helicopter.

More textures will be added later.

One query that springs to mind...how might one force the opening or closing of doors as part of a mission?

I love the option for the pilot to close doors to certain aircraft in the action menu, but how does one take that action and implement it in .sqf?

I'll make a script list for the helicopters.

a few config errors

9:51:22 File GR_Medium_Utility_Helicopters\GR_Bell412.hpp, line 61: '/CfgVehicles/GR_Bell412_1_base.maxFordingDepth': Missing ';' at the end of line
9:51:22 File GR_Medium_Utility_Helicopters\GR_UH1N.hpp, line 61: '/CfgVehicles/GR_UH1N_1_base.maxFordingDepth': Missing ';' at the end of line
9:51:22 File GR_Medium_Utility_Helicopters\GR_UH1H.hpp, line 63: '/CfgVehicles/GR_UH1H_1_base.maxFordingDepth': Missing ';' at the end of line
9:51:22 File GR_Medium_Utility_Helicopters\GR_MilMi.hpp, line 83: '/CfgVehicles/GR_MilMi_base.maxFordingDepth': Missing ';' at the end of line

Thank you for reporting it. I'll get them fixed.

Love the pack so far! Just one thing I noticed is that the UH-1 "Glow" has a spotlight on the top of the bird? Might just be incorrect placement. Thought I would point that out for when you turn on the lights and the pilot/copilot get blinded. Other than that I haven't found any other issues with the birds so far. Also, any chance that you will be adding anymore Hueys to the pack? I really enjoyed the Huey pack that you made a while back.

The glow version suffers from incorrectly placed/or lacking memorypoints for its landing lights.

I hope to be able to use some of the helicopters from the old Huey Pack.

Hi Grumpy

Congrats for release, I like them.

A few things I've noticed though (using 1.1)

-the unarmed merlin:

All doors are opened by default, can you have them closed by default?

-huey medevac

Red cross missing on the nose

-uh-1n gunship

Hand is not on the throttle

-all huey versions with doors

The "open door" action has no capital "O" on the "open" word (unlike "Close Door")

-Mi-17 (all versions)

Hand not on throttle

Neither hand nor throttle are moving

-Mi-8 (all versions)

Throttle not moving.

Hope it helps and you can fix it for next version.

BTW will you update your Huey pack?

Would be good to have moving doors on these ones too.

Thanks!