mikey46

How can I run catapult for AI plane? (TeTeT's Nimitz)

Guys, how can AI launch from the aircraft carrier by itself? I mean TeTeT's nimitz carrier. what is the script? I looked at many functions (sqf) files but I couldn't find what I'm exactly looking for. If anybody knows anything about it, please just give me that code or send me a sample mission or something else you can do. Please, guys.

Guys, how can AI launch from the aircraft carrier by itself? I mean TeTeT's nimitz carrier. what is the script? I looked at many functions (sqf) files but I couldn't find what I'm exactly looking for. If anybody knows anything about it, please just give me that code or send me a sample mission or something else you can do. Please, guys.

First, I think this thread belongs to the editing section. Second, glad you moved from youtube video comments to here :)

I uploaded the traffic mission as 7z archive for the experimental Nimitz build here:

http://tetet.de/arma/arma3/nimitz/%5bSP%5dNimitzTraffic.Stratis.7z

I believe the take off script will work with the released version as well.

You will find the take off script in [sP]NimitzTraffic.Stratis/TeTeT_traffic/TakeOffFunctions/fn_planeStart.sqf and you need Common.h from the same directory as well.

The script takes three arguments that are used: The Nimitz object, the plane object and the catapult number (1-4).

If you merely copy the TeTeT_traffic/TakeOffFunctions to your mission you can call the script like

[Nimitz, F18, 3] execVM "TeTeT_traffic\TakeOffFunctions\fn_planeStart.sqf"

The carrier on the map needs to be named 'Nimitz' and a plane needs to be named 'F18' as well. This will move the F18 named plane to catapult 3 and launch it.