Sign in to follow this  
peegee

Any chance of finally fixing clipping issues?

Worst issue in the game still persists. All the feedback tracker tickets have been marked as resolved somehow.
I filmed this today and tested the same thing in dev build and the results were the same.

Using vault has been a teleport since Alpha. :angry:

It's always really frustrating to create anything PvP oriented in editor, because almost anything can be vaulted trough someway or another.
Let alone creating a fully enclosed "arena" is a total nightmare. There's always someway to get out of the area, breaking the whole mission.

Agree on this one, clipping trough the walls is breaking evrything,so many times i got killed by AI by player,with cliping trough the wall,it is pissing me off seriously

Apparently it's going to be fixed for 1.52...it was going to be fixed for 1.50 but they delayed it :(

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=19487#c97409

Thanks, I spotted the BI manager comment now. Lets just hope it will really get fixed then. I can go on and keep working on my missions without being paranoid about every player popping trough walls :D

I can go on and keep working on my missions without being paranoid about every player popping trough walls :D

Just to be sure you could make killzones outside of your arena so they die if they pop through

will that fix the mmg clipping and shooting through steel wall? and player clipping through the top floor in prone position and can get shot from enemy below?

Nothing spoils a mission more than seeing your enemy hiding from you but with the weapon clipping through the wall. Hmmm wonder where they are then?

Worst issue in the game still persists. All the feedback tracker tickets have been marked as resolved somehow.

I filmed this today and tested the same thing in dev build and the results were the same.

Using vault has been a teleport since Alpha. :angry:

It's always really frustrating to create anything PvP oriented in editor, because almost anything can be vaulted trough someway or another.

Let alone creating a fully enclosed "arena" is a total nightmare. There's always someway to get out of the area, breaking the whole mission.

im actually more amazed by the fact you just got 2-3 bonus targets by hip firing. XD

No but seriously now, i agree. this has to get fixed at some point. It actually plagued Arma 2 as well, but it's worse in Arma 3.

im actually more amazed by the fact you just got 2-3 bonus targets by hip firing. XD

No but seriously now, i agree. this has to get fixed at some point. It actually plagued Arma 2 as well, but it's worse in Arma 3.

I didn't even think of it :D Guess it's something that comes along playing too much. Nearing 2000 hours of A3 :o

In all seriousness, this is really bothering. I've been blocking Ghost Hotel with plywood walls but it really doesn't matter if the wall is there or not. One can easily pop out of the walls breaking the whole indoor concept 

This is how much stuff I ended up placing in front of the blocked windows just to prevent players from clipping out. :blink:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=508079655

The reason I started blocking those large windows was when I tried to enter the hotel via those windows and I'd just clip into the floor.

<_<

E: I just remembered that there is crosshairs on that clip, video quality is bad and my crosshairs are orange.

Just to be sure you could make killzones outside of your arena so they die if they pop through

I did this with in-editor zone protection module. Problem was that players could go outside the area by popping trough plywood walls and even go roam around and then come back somewhere else trough something other.

One workaround was placing two plywood walls near each other, though it was not reliable. Also twice the work and more redudant objects on the map.

Not only the weapons. The AI can go through almost every object,

https://youtu.be/c8EiEVzTfyc?t=2m

Do You, please, have any way to reproduce this? Because it seems to me like they are using captured movement which, without much of a surprise, ignores collisions. It may possibly be even some bad path lod of the structure, which is something we would like to fix.

Do You, please, have any way to reproduce this? Because it seems to me like they are using captured movement which, without much of a surprise, ignores collisions. It may possibly be even some bad path lod of the structure, which is something we would like to fix.

I thought you DEVs are all familiar with the most classic bug in arma series. But, it seems you don't know how AI act in constrution. So I made a showcase to let you see how AI go through wall and always act at danger stance on construction area such as harbour.

I really really don't know why you must make the harbour as a construction -- It makes AI like meat head.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=510505524

I believe there have been at least 100 issues reported for this kind of bug.

Yes, this is fully reproducible.

This is a COOP (MP) mission made with ALiVE and RHS (only these 2 mods are being used) running on a dedicated server, with ZEUS module activated for server administrator only.

The units that see we are spawned by ALiVE modules and I was at base but using ZEUS to check AI locations and number (mainly to see if the mission was appropriated for the players allowed for the mission), then I decided to make a video.

This is fully reproducible since it happens everytime and not only in that location, also the AI can go through barriers.

For instance, I have the base completely closed, the only allowed entrance point is through the gate (only triggered by BLUFOR), than one time after respawn in base I got killed by one enemy AI unit that was in control of a Humvee turret (parked inside base) and the same happened to other players. I said to myself, heck how he got there? Then after some time observing (as ZEUS) I saw it, the AI went straight trough closed gate as if there was no gate.

Also (in Stratis) there are a some spots in terrain where we can go inside and see through of it (becomes invisible) and sometimes when the AI is spawned in these locations they are just buried alive under terrain, they detect activity (also we detect them) but they can't come outside (mission needs to be aborted).

• Like 1

I always tought it was well known that AI ignores most obstacles.

Ontop of that issue, is the clipping of AI guns trough walls when lying down, and them being able to see trough it (and kill you). It seems their "eye" is at the front of the scope?. This is mostly noticeable when units are placed behind windows, and lie down when suppressed.

BTW, I know from OFP and Arma1, that the AI (local to the server) ignores collision when the server FPS is below some threshold. I don't know about A2 or A3 though.

It seems clipping happens vertically too. If you prone and use bipod on something like a wheeled scaffolding (physx objects?) you might clip back to ground.

At least we know that they are scheduled the fix. Really great news!

Bad news...

(0098297)

oukej (Bohemia Interactive - manager)

2015-09-03 14:31

I'm terribly sorry, but we won't deliver it in 1.52. 1.52 will still contain the offset rotation axis.

The current state on Dev Branch is centered rotation axis in all situations. This won't be implemented in 1.52 and after that we'll be aiming for a kind of a hybrid between offset and centered rot. axis, hopefully getting as much out of our current animation and collision system as we can. In the end it will still be a tradeoff.

Although we'd really like improving this to a complete satisfaction seems to go beyond Arma 3's possibilities.

Also,

Sometimes the AI just vanish from sight when they enter in to vehciles,still they are there, just become invisible.

How is this connected with the topic subject ?

Although we'd really like improving this to a complete satisfaction seems to go beyond Arma 3's possibilities.

Haha, that's a quote that applies to ArmA 3 in general I think... It made it into my sig :D

Update!

oukej:

I'm terribly sorry, but we won't deliver it in 1.52. 1.52 will still contain the offset rotation axis.

The current state on Dev Branch is centered rotation axis in all situations. This won't be implemented in 1.52 and after that we'll be aiming for a kind of a hybrid between offset and centered rot. axis, hopefully getting as much out of our current animation and collision system as we can. In the end it will still be a tradeoff.

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=19487#c98297

The whole offset rotation thing should've been scrapped. :blink: It's so redudant and causes only problems. Running uphill backwards on steep rocks and clipping stuff makes the game feel like it's completely broken. Same with leaning trough walls to see the enemy... Then poking the gun trough the wall and shooting the enemy without the bullet ever penetrating the wall.

Haha, that's a quote that applies to ArmA 3 in general I think... It made it into my sig :D

You troll! :D

Edited :P

• Like 1