POLPOX

POLPOX's calm animations 2.0 script

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

news_download_a3_3.png

calm animations 2 v2.31

=================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. Soon we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

OK I've got the script to run, but running into a couple of issues.

(I should state that I'm using the new EDEN editor to test the scripts, with a mission that previously used your older calm script.)

First off I think we need a more solid guide to using this new system as it seems hugely more complicated and less plug-and-play than before.

Currently the only info is in the youtube video which is very cryptic.

1. The 'SIT' command doesn't take into account the direction/Azimuth of the object it's attaching to.

2. Placing this in the INIT:

_nil = [this,"GUARD",nil,"MEDIUM"]execVM "Scripts\PLP_calmSoldier2.sqf";

Seems to randomise the soldiers equipment...

If you want to keep the original loadout then you have to replace "middle" word from the line to "ASIS".

It will look like this _nil = [this,"GUARD",nil,"ASIS"]execVM "Scripts\PLP_calmSoldier2.sqf";

Yes, I managed to work that one out, however, if my understanding of the gear setup in the script is correct the MEDIUM soldier should only have his helmet removed, keeping his body armour.

Observed behaviour, however, is that the script appears to randomize the three gear options regardless whether you input LIGHT (no head gear or body armour), MEDIUM (no head gear but with body armour, ) or FULL (head gear and body armour), it doesn't seem to matter.

3: STRING - (optional) gear option
			>"LIGHT" - no vest, no helmet
			>"MEDIUM" - no helmet
			>"FULL" - fully loaded
			>"ASIS" - no change
			>"RANDOM" - (default) randomize

It seems to go to "RANDOM" (default) no matter what you add as the string.

when i enter the script into the unit, i just set the direction but the unit just look at the front! why? help me

when i enter the script into the unit, i just set the direction but the unit just look at the front! why? help me

If you want solve this, you need tell me more about what did you do e.g. arguments.

simple to say, i just can't change the direction of the unit when i write the script into the unit

Are you using 3D Eden Editor or not?

NO i am using mission editor

Ohhhhkayyy... This is not script's broblem. dont ask it in here man. your using is goddamn wrong, set direction before or after set script. and what do you mean "front"? ... *sigh*

Hi, I'm new to scripting and mission building on arma and just getting the hang of it but I have a question.

I've been looking for something like this, killable animations.. I love it but how do I terminate the animation when a timer runs out and the unit moves to a new waypoint?

thanks.

Hi, I'm new to scripting and mission building on arma and just getting the hang of it but I have a question.

I've been looking for something like this, killable animations.. I love it but how do I terminate the animation when a timer runs out and the unit moves to a new waypoint?

thanks.

Yup, looks it is important argument. well, try to add in next version.

I just looking forward to next version's new content. Maybe 2 or 3 arguments will be implement.

So right now there isn't a way to do this?

Yes, you cannot do this on now version, but sit tight, new version is on the way. ETA 1... or 2 days.

Yes, you cannot do this on now version, but sit tight, new version is on the way. ETA 1... or 2 days.

Awesome, this could really improve the mission I've been working on. Great work!

Okay, there it is. v2.4 is out now. Urm, tell the truth to you guys, I didn't found a new element for update until now... Anyway, it's here.

v2.4: fifth release, new arguments

Added: New argument attach direction
Added: New argument custom condition
Tweaked: End script
Fixed: "SIT_LOW_U" animation gone wrong

And, some FAQ and examples are frontpaged.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

news_download_a3_3.png

calm animations 2 v2.4

=================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. Soon we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Has anyone had any joy using this in conjunction with Zeus?  More specifically in a dedicated enviroment?

The animations only appear client side, the unit dissapears for other clients.   So while the person who called the script on a unit in mission can see the unit and animation fine, all other players cannot see the animated unit once the script has been called, it just vanishes.

I would really love to be able to use this in our zeus sessions, a big thanks for the continued work on this.

Has anyone had any joy using this in conjunction with Zeus?  More specifically in a dedicated enviroment?

The animations only appear client side, the unit dissapears for other clients.   So while the person who called the script on a unit in mission can see the unit and animation fine, all other players cannot see the animated unit once the script has been called, it just vanishes.

I would really love to be able to use this in our zeus sessions, a big thanks for the continued work on this.

Animation scripts need to be executed globally.

Yeah i figured that, but how would one go about it with zeus?  I cant name a unit i place down in zeus, so i cant exec globally the script on a specific unit from the server debug screen.

Yeah i figured that, but how would one go about it with zeus?  I cant name a unit i place down in zeus, so i cant exec globally the script on a specific unit from the server debug screen.

I think you can solve it with curatorSelected script command.

Good morning, can someone add some axempel have to make this working, right on good.. :)

So I'm trying to get this:

_nil = [this,"SIT",false,"MEDIUM",[c1,[0,0,-0.5],180]] execVM "Scripts\PLP_calmSoldier2.sqf"; this unassignitem "nvgoggles_indep"; this addPrimaryWeaponItem "acc_flashlight"; this enableGunLights "forceOn";

... to work. Basically, A unit sitting on a chair, no headgear, but weapon in hand, nv goggles unassigned but in inventory, flashlight added to weapon, and forced on.

... and so far everything except the "MEDIUM" i.e the changing unit gear works correctly.

Anything other than "ASIS" in the string will be ignored and have the unit revert to the default gear selector, which I believe is "RANDOM" according to the parameters.

Could someone eyeball what might be going wrong?

Also Polpox, It might be a good idea to update the version number of your scripts in the header.

/*
	POLPOX's calm animations 2.0(PLP_calmSoldier2.sqf)

Author: POLPOX

Description:
	Adds calm animation for some units which they cancel when under fire.

Change to:

POLPOX's calm animations 2.4(PLP_calmSoldier2.sqf)

Description:
*/

Currently there's no way of telling which version I've just downloaded.

If you could consider adding the examples into the header of the script itself, that would be awesome!

Cheers

E

EDIT: Just noticed you added spoiler tags with examples to your first post.

So I'm trying to get this:

_nil = [this,"SIT",false,"MEDIUM",[c1,[0,0,-0.5],180]] execVM "Scripts\PLP_calmSoldier2.sqf"; this unassignitem "nvgoggles_indep"; this addPrimaryWeaponItem "acc_flashlight"; this enableGunLights "forceOn";

... to work. Basically, A unit sitting on a chair, no headgear, but weapon in hand, nv goggles unassigned but in inventory, flashlight added to weapon, and forced on.

Yeah, use "SIT_U" to sit some unit without weapons. Am I talked about "_U" means "Unarmed" until today? Maybe not...

And want remove NVG from unit's inventory, use "removeItem" command like this:

_unit unassignItem *nvg classname* ;
_unit removeItem *nvg classname* ;

Also Polpox, It might be a good idea to update the version number of your scripts in the header.

/*
	POLPOX's calm animations 2.0(PLP_calmSoldier2.sqf)

Description:

Change to:

POLPOX's calm animations 2.4(PLP_calmSoldier2.sqf)

Description:
*/

Urm, I'm used 2.0 to tell "THIS IS NOT OLD ONE", but, yeah, I think... yes.

I'm run out of new things to update, so no updating for a month. Maybe next update to support this?

• Like 1

Ok, so I think there is confusion with my question. ;)

There is part of your script that does not work correctly.

_nil = [this,"SIT",false,"MEDIUM",[chair1,[0,0,-0.5],180]] execVM "Scripts\PLP_calmSoldier2.sqf";

The gear selection cases for: case "NONE", case "FULL", case "MEDIUM" and case "LIGHT" do not work correctly.

Instead, they randomise the 'vests' and 'headgear'.

Case "ASIS" does work correctly.

In your script:

if (toUpper _option != "ASIS") then {
	_unit unassignItem hmd _unit ;
	_finalGear = _gears call BIS_fnc_selectRandom ;
	if (!_hasWeapon) then {
		_unit removeWeapon primaryWeapon _unit ;
	} ;
	switch _finalGear do {
		case "NONE" : {
			removeGoggles _unit ;
			removeHeadgear _unit ;
			removeVest _unit ;
			removeAllWeapons _unit ;
			removeBackpack _unit ;
		} ;
		case "LIGHT" : {
			removeGoggles _unit ;
			removeHeadgear _unit ;
			removeVest _unit ;
			removeBackpack _unit ;
		} ;
		case "MEDIUM" : {
			removeGoggles _unit ;
			removeHeadgear _unit ;
		} ;
		case "FULL" : {
			removeGoggles _unit ;
		} ;
	} ;
} ;

Maybe there is something wrong with 'BIS_fnc_selectRandom'.

Sorry I keep coming back, but it's a great script and I want to see work fully. :)