Sign in to follow this  
zukov

release 1.50 better perfomance?

so, a first view the latest 1.50 update seems to have better performances  :D 

Can anyone else confirm this? Maybe run the benchmark ( HELO) and tell us before and after?

Same here, with my moderate system I get 30-40 FPS in Kavala standing on an office building at 5km view distance and 4.2 km object view distance, which is pretty impressive.

Same here, with my moderate system I get 30-40 FPS in Kavala standing on an office building at 5km view distance and 4.2 km object view distance, which is pretty impressive.

How many FPS did you have before?

Even on my old rig I noticed 1.50 was a bit smoother in MP for me.

/KC

If you mean me I compare 1.50 with the latest 1.48 (I assume with the hotfix). And looking thru the changelog it looks like BIS made some fine tuning of network traffic.

/KC

Before the patch i never CTD in Arma,never!

Now i just have to crash because of C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 015EE746

This is not the way of patching a game

That's a bummer!

I suggest you send your crash dump to Dwarden or make a new ticket and upload it there.

/KC

If you mean me I compare 1.50 with the latest 1.48 (I assume with the hotfix). And looking thru the changelog it looks like BIS made some fine tuning of network traffic.

/KC

yes, but I think the 1.48 hotfix wasn´t installed automatically.

I tested with helo´s altis-bench.

1.48+hotfix: 48fps

1.50: 48fps

I can't say I got more fps. By "smoother" I mean less stuttering/fps drops.

Maybe it's just my imagination but that's my first impression at least ;)

/KC

Got slightly better scores on Altis/Stratis benchmarks, like one or two frames better.

Noticed the first time run-thrus were very smooth, not the normal micro-stutters loading terrain.

Maybe pilots will notice smoother flight?

As to crashing, like the poster above: Verify, Defrag & Restart after every patch.

Before the patch i never CTD in Arma,never!

Now i just have to crash because of C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 015EE746

This is not the way of patching a game

Have you tried verifying your game cache? Defragging your hard-drive? Restarting your system?

This is not the way of posting (constructive) feedback.

No change of FPS for me , maybe 2-3 FPS less than before.
Tested Hello Benchmark but haven't tested to play yet.

so in editor on Kavala i have gained 8/10 fps

on MP KOTH 70 players the usually 20 fps (if you are lucky)

there is a some confirmation about end game fps boost?

Benchmark with1.48 = 34 fps

Benchmark with 1.50 = 34 fps

Sorry fps is the same, may be smoothing effect or usual new patch it must be better psychology...

I went from 40 to 95. 

Feel better now? Sad we don't have a dislike button!

IMHO opinion BIS has to disable the Physx in multiplayer like in GRAW 2 same problem and same solution

Feel better now? Sad we don't have a dislike button!

I lied, we're talking about ArmA here.  However small, there was still an increase in perf.

Even 1 or 2 fps is a big difference. If BI keeps this up for every patch (though probably not possible) we'll have a pretty decent running Arma 3 post expansion.

I'm trying to revert back to legacy 1.48, but I'm finding that scripts run like garbage in 1.50

The metric by which I determine whether there's been a net improvement is how well Arma 3 handles scripts, and this version seems to not work so well, my frames have gone from the 40s-50s into the mid 30s now.

EDIT

Okay, well, it seems as if that first attempt was something of an aberration. 

I went back to 1.48, my average frame rate was in fact slightly higher 1-3fps, and my framerates going into the 50s was more common.

After testing 1.48 in a number of circumstances typical to my habits with A3, I updated once more to 1.50 and found that it performed much better than earlier, I don't know what was going on, but I've tried to recreate it using the same circumstances, etc, and I cannot.

The game seems smooth, in spite of the 1-3 fps loss I have, and generally speaking scripts tend to keep up and run as they're supposed to for the most part.

This is where it gets weird, because it seems as if scripts run as they should more often than with 1.48, but I'm getting slightly lower frames. I have to emphasize that I am not complaining about this at all, I would rather lose a frame or two for scripts that run when they're supposed to. 

The downside to this is when scripts don't run as they should, it is much, much more noticeable now, not really such a downside, as I've had few circumstances of that happening thankfully.

So I don't know, honestly, it's an update I could live with. As long as I have more positive experiences with scripts running on time than not, I don't see the problem. So much of Arma depends on scripts to realize it's full potential that I think it needs to be given as much consideration as other aspects of performance.

IMHO opinion BIS has to disable the Physx in multiplayer like in GRAW 2 same problem and same solution

vehicles need it... so unless you plan to play 100%  without vehicle, nope. GRAW2 is old and the disabled stuff was just some effects. Physx in Arma is almost 100% collision detection and so on. Can't just disable that.

how about... download the patch and try it yourself??? lol