Sign in to follow this  
VanZant

VanZant's Adjustable Grenades

After a long time I've taken a look at an addon that was left unfinished and abandoned, check it out at https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/153008-vanzants-extended-grenade-throwable-items-egti/.
Now it's completly rewritten, optimized, finished and renamed.

VanZant's Adjustable Grenades

Downloads & screenshots

Changelog

1.0.0 (26.08.2015)

• Initial version.

1.0.1 (27.08.2015)

• Fixed. New hud system that solves the flickering problem (this has been tricky).
  • Fixed. Small desynchronization between the hud and the info displayed in debug mode.
  • Changed. Tweaked the hud configuration so the animation is more fluid now.
  • Changed. Penalties for item types are no longer predefined. Now are based on the item's mass, making the system compatible with all addons theoretically.
  • Changed. Small tweaks related to the time needed to make the throw, slighly longer now.
  • Added. Public key.

1.0.2 (13.09.2015)

• Fixed. Missing check for shift, ctrl and alt keys. Now the throw item can be switched as usual.

1.0.3 (23.05.2017)

• Fixed. Game crash.

Features

• Progressive force for all throwable items.
  • Cool, scalable (addon settings) and minimalistic hud.
  • The throw key can be configured.
  • Advanced penalty system that takes into account many factors affecting the throw force.
  • Player velocity is taken into account.
  • Delay between throwings.

Features removed since ETGI.

• Cooking. Useless in real life and a mess with controls.
  • Cancelling. Again, useless in real life and a mess with controls.

Requisites and installation

• Install the addon as usual.
  • Copy the provided folder "userconfig", which contains the addon settings, into the root folder of the game. Overwrite if asked.
  • To avoid key conflicts, it is needed to disable the throw key in the game settings ("G" by default).
  • As the throw key has been disabled, you need to configure the new one inside the addon settings file ("G" is set by default).

Notes

• If you wish the debug mode can be enabled inside the addon settings file.
  • I play SP only, infantry, and ground vehicles, so keep in mind that my only concern is how the addon works when loading a savegame. I don't know how will work in a multiplayer environment or even if mounted in a plane.
  • The objective of this addon is to make this part of the game closer to reality. Be aware that can be hard to master this system due to the penalties, and that's how has been designed.

Penalty system
Values act as multipliers of the final throwing force, so for example 1.0x equals to "not penalized". By default these are the values:

Item type. Based on the mass of the magazines. Now should be compatible with all addons. Current mass values are for example: grenades 10, small grenades 6, smoke shells 4, chemlights 2, ...

• 0 to 10 = 1.00x to 0.75x (linear).
  • >10 = 0.75x.

Stance. The ease of throwing is not the same.

• Erect = 1.00x.
  • Crouched = 0.88x.
  • Prone = 0.75x.    

Angle. The ease of throwing is not the same.

• <35 = 1.00x.
  • 35 to 90 = 1.00x to 0.80x (linear).    

Fatigue. The more tired, less force.

• 0 to 1 = 1.00x to 0.90x (linear).    

Unit load. The more loaded, less ease, less force.

• 0 to 1 = 1.00x to 0.90x (linear).    

Vehicle. Being in motion, the ease of throwing is not the same.

• Not in vehicle = 1.00x.
  • In vehicle, not turret = Throw is disabled.
  • In vehicle, turret = 0.90x.

So for example, if the player is fully loaded with missiles, has been running for 1 min, in prone position, and tries to throw a standard grenade with an high angle, probably the throw force will be somewhere near 0.5x the expected. Even if the throw force was 100% the resulting force is almost the half. That grenade will not go very far. Be careful!.

If many experienced people think that these values need adjustments let me know.

• Like 2

Sounds great but Im throwing 2 grenades every time I press G, one that throws and one that drops right next to me :(

Also, when using the grenade switcher ie Cntrl-G, its also throwing a grenade.

@froggyluv, maybe this is what you need?

• To avoid key conflicts, it is needed to disable the throw key in the game settings ("G" by default).

Hi, Thanks for this mod.... any way we can get a server key...?? its signed but theres no key? I read that your focus is SP, however, I figured you provided a bisign for a reason. and forgot the key.

May somebody test it in MP, please? Btw, is it possible lock vanilla grenade key with addon (to all players)?

New version with lots of improvements. Changelog on the first post.

May somebody test it in MP, please? Btw, is it possible lock vanilla grenade key with addon (to all players)?

I think it would be possible, but currently I don't know how to do that.

Nicely done VanZant, just like your 'Copy my Stance'. I'll keep using both and make sure my stance mod (wip) remains compatible with this one. I think cooking and canceling aren't useless at all, but you decide of course.

Just for the mention : there's an error message at the moment, but I'm sure you already know.

Small update. I forgot that items can be switched with another key combination (Ctrl + G by default). The new version checks Ctrl, Shift and Alt keys to avoid conficts.

Does anyone use this mod with ver.1.70 ?

This mod is broken now. The game will be crash when push throw key, even though only enable this mod in game.

What happened?

18 minutes ago, nidhoggac said:

Does anyone use this mod with ver.1.70 ?

This mod is broken now. The game will be crash when push throw key, even though only enable this mod in game.

What happened?

The author last posted in the thread on 13th September 2015, if it only broke after 1.70 that's quite lucky what with several updates!

17 minutes ago, R0adki11 said:

The author last posted in the thread on 13th September 2015, if it only broke after 1.70 that's quite lucky what with several updates!

Last time this mod work well is with 1.66 or 68, it's a lucky mod acturly.

Problem is there has no mod like this now. I hope author can fix it.

I'd love to try this mod out. My jaw droped when I first saw the video for it years ago posted by somebody in the foums. Unfortunately the keys don't seam to work. Can anyone confirm/deny this and can it run client side only? Would you consider uploading to steam workshop?