On 3/13/2016 at 9:44 PM, wildcatbridge65 said:

or is it a wall stuck around a tank?

Good Question

Hello what have we here?

5efd7c1943dc4dff5ccba249abc5a11f.jpg

tell you what, bet that house looked really nice before some idiot (not naming names mister German tank driver) decided to give them an open plan garage.

tell you what, bet that house looked really nice before some idiot (not naming names mister German tank driver) decided to give them an open plan garage.

hahaha yeah mate :D

Is that a Tiger?

I think it's a Panzer but don't take my word on it.

It's a Panzer 4, although some of you get points for incorrectly identifying it as a lot of British and American troops commonly did :P

It's a Panzer 4, although some of you get points for incorrectly identifying it as a lot of British and American troops commonly did :P

I was right! :D

Could I be so bold as to request that you release a basic infantry only pack when you have finished the German and US units, then release updates to add more content as it becomes available? I'm a mission maker for Australia's largest Arma 3 group and many of our missions (both TvT and Co-op) are infantry only anyway.

We are keeping a close eye on your great work and look forward to adding War Chronicles to our mod set. We miss the ping of an en bloc clip being ejected from an M1 ;) 

Could I be so bold as to request that you release a basic infantry only pack when you have finished the German and US units, then release updates to add more content as it becomes available? I'm a mission maker for Australia's largest Arma 3 group and many of our missions (both TvT and Co-op) are infantry only anyway.

We are keeping a close eye on your great work and look forward to adding War Chronicles to our mod set. We miss the ping of an en bloc clip being ejected from an M1 ;)

If you head to page 22 I think McAber said that they were just planning to release infantry at first. I'm not 100% sure if that comes with vehicles as well (doubt it) but that's up for your own interpretation. Hope this helps and good luck with your future mission endeavors.

On 3/17/2016 at 12:29 PM, pabloelkillo said:

We are keeping a close eye on your great work and look forward to adding War Chronicles to our mod set. We miss the ping of an en bloc clip being ejected from an M1 😉

On 3/17/2016 at 3:29 PM, wildcatbridge65 said:

If you head to page 22 I think McAber said that they were just planning to release infantry at first. I'm not 100% sure if that comes with vehicles as well (doubt it) but that's up for your own interpretation. Hope this helps and good luck with your future mission endeavors.

Initial releases of the mod will focus on infantry fighting, yes.

• Like 1

No it's a combined arm sandbox. Call of duty is only infantry. The big advantages of arma over other games is the possibility to fight in battle with infantry tank and all other vehicles. In fact with invasion44 we had splendid and balanced TvT matches and campaigns. We really need vehicles in war chronicles

On 3/17/2016 at 10:05 PM, zio sam said:

No it's a combined arm sandbox. Call of duty is only infantry. The big advantages of arma over other games is the possibility to fight in battle with infantry tank and all other vehicles. In fact with invasion44 we had splendid and balanced TvT matches and campaigns. We really need vehicles in war chronicles

True

I think that you'll find that you're both right. He said "primarily" which is absolutely right. Although Arma offers Combined Ops, the infantry aspect is way better developed than the rest (dodgy tanks physics, retarded AI drivers/pilots, simplistic armour models). I too mourn too the loss of I44 mod. How I pine for Hidden & Dangerous 3...

Infantry are the most important guys on the battlefield, everything else is just there to support you. This is what happens when you try to take a building without infantry. 

5efd7c1943dc4dff5ccba249abc5a11f.jpg

• Like 2

To clear this up, we're going to get a release of all sides Infantry weapons and equipment nailed down (US, GER, BRIT) and then look at vehicles and the like. Arma is a combined arms sandbox and it works best with all elements working together, but we're foolish to imagine that warfare in Arma would work at all without infantry units being the main focus. At the end of the day, firefights are won by the infantryman with his rifle and by the gunner with his Bren/MG34/BAR.

That being said, there is plenty of scope in the engine for armoured and tank warfare, and the infantry need a means of transportation to move from one area to another. All of these elements will be included eventually, and our Trello board has everything from the Tiger 1 to a static Vickers MG, from the Pak.36 Infantry howitzer to the mighty 25 Pounder Artillery piece. If someone was widely used in the European theatre by any of the 3 major powers, we're hoping to get it in game :D

• Like 2

Eventually, yes. But not as part of the initial release.

Just keen for British Shermans

Oh you'll get those :P

Are there plans for some of the more obscure (but still used) WW2 weapons, like the M50 Reising, M1941 Johnson, FP-45, M30 Luftwaffe, etc? It'd be pretty cool to try those out in A3.

Are there plans for some of the more obscure (but still used) WW2 weapons, like the M50 Reising, M1941 Johnson, FP-45, M30 Luftwaffe, etc? It'd be pretty cool to try those out in A3.

We are focusing on the main weapons before spending time adding obscure weapons.

• Like 3

Pretty good looking enfields, can we get some higher resolution images? My monitor is pretty big and those pics look tiny