Ah ok, i made that suggestion because i remember seen a behind the scenes of band of brothers where the audio guys were recording samples from weapons and vehiclesBut you are right the atmospheric effects may sound "strange"

Recording samples may be the way to go - but we'd need the BoB budget and I know we ain't got that much cash at all :P

Just as a thought if you were going down the route of recording the sounds from scratch, you don't necessarily need the rifle. It's the cartridge that makes the sound. The sound of the bolt you could probably get away with using the same sound for multiple rifles unless there is one that has a completely different mechanism. But yeah so long as you could record the cartridge being fired off in whatever rifle will chamber that sort of round then you might have a money saving alternative....or incidentally i could have gotten my facts wrong and I've cost you loads of money for something that sounds wrong...but its worth looking into. 

Just as a thought if you were going down the route of recording the sounds from scratch, you don't necessarily need the rifle. It's the cartridge that makes the sound. The sound of the bolt you could probably get away with using the same sound for multiple rifles unless there is one that has a completely different mechanism. But yeah so long as you could record the cartridge being fired off in whatever rifle will chamber that sort of round then you might have a money saving alternative....or incidentally i could have gotten my facts wrong and I've cost you loads of money for something that sounds wrong...but its worth looking into.

I don't believe anyone on the team is skilled in audio production, or has the equipment needed for such a task.

It looks like koepi is offering sounds but if you guys ever need mission making or sound help let me know!  :D Great job on the mod though. Can't wait for the Uniforms! Can't stand Ironfront's Uniforms and can't seem to get I44 Uniforms Working. Note, I know I'm not really suppose to ask things like this..........but.........how's the mod coming, it's been awhile since you guys said 2 weeks until an download.... sorry....can't rush art... -_-

It looks like koepi is offering sounds but if you guys ever need mission making or sound help let me know!  :D Great job on the mod though. Can't wait for the Uniforms! Can't stand Ironfront's Uniforms and can't seem to get I44 Uniforms Working. Note, I know I'm not really suppose to ask things like this..........but.........how's the mod coming, it's been awhile since you guys said 2 weeks until an download.... sorry....can't rush art... -_-

It's coming well. We've been hitting wall after wall lately but we will get there. Alot of talk in dev chat everyday and we just had a successful test the other day as well. We are hunting down some bugs and trying to get the last tweaks in now. Alot of the uniform stuff isn't done yet so we are probably releasing with place holders for the time being.

Hey guys just a quick update, we are still alive and kicking. RL has been busy for all of us so progress hasnt been as fast as we wanted. 

Hey guys just a quick update, we are still alive and kicking. RL has been busy for all of us so progress hasnt been as fast as we wanted. 

You guys deserve to enjoy the holiday just as everyone else did.

• Like 1

Take whatever time you need, i say. It's your labor and free at that, soo...

Though I shudder with anticipation, I cannot fault anyone a good holiday.  The 29th Infantry Division and myself wish the whole team happy holidays, and best of luck with this project of yours. We are all excited about.

• Like 1

Hello all!

Matt here, community manager for War Chronicles.

Want to apologise for the deafening silence from the devblog these last couple of weeks. I recently changed jobs, changing my avaliability and opportunity to write blogs. But, never fear, work shall resume now that work has settled down to the point that I can actually think straight. As a peace offering, I'll be uploading another historical blog tomorrow.

I'm also glad that so many communities are awaiting the mod with interest! Once we have a basic build ready to go, I'll be reaching out to y'all for your feedback. We'll also be opening a community section of the website, where you can contribute events, reports and stories from your group that you've created with War Chronicles - the best we get will get a featured blog dedicated to them, posted on here and via our social channels, which should help players of the mod meet groups and others to play together and co-operate!

See you on the battlefield!

Matt/McAber

Not yet. We have a basic build that is more or less finished, but it's going through QC and being reworked until we're happy.

Please please say you have a beta or alpha  realese date

mod/addons are released when addon makers are ready and not before. (asking for such information is seen as a form of spam on these forums)  ;)

mod/addons are released when addon makers are ready and not before. (asking for such information is seen as a form of spam on these forums)  ;)

um what spam all i ask is if they have a beta or alpha ready yet. i want to help and i want to test if i can maybe even use it to start YouTube series.

also i have only one qustion can you help the blood trench or unsung team

um what spam all i ask is if they have a beta or alpha ready yet. i want to help and i want to test if i can maybe even use it to start YouTube series.

also i have only one qustion can you help the blood trench or unsung team

Its against forum rules to ask for release date. Its considered spam. As for us helping another team, I believe I answer for all of us and say were busy enough with our own mod.

I would really enjoy this mod regardless of what it ends up being, as IFA3 has been a buggy experience thus far.

and why is this the first time you told someone this and its not a release date its asking if your going to have a beta or alpha

and why is this the first time you told someone this and its not a release date its asking if your going to have a beta or alpha

It is asking for an update, or asking when it will be released etc. Please refrain from doing so, they will post when they want to and not before.