You guys are doing the ArmA community a great deed for making this mod. I thank everyone who is on the war chronicles team.

• Like 1

Pow PEw PEw!

We are looking for someone to help with sounds. If your familiar with sound engineering please contact us!

Some more WIP

That looks awesome! Just needs some work on the sounds, like the sound of the bolt, and a higher quality gun shot sound for the Kar98K it's self.

Pow PEw PEw!

We are looking for someone to help with sounds. If your familiar with sound engineering please contact us!

Maybe drop LordJarhead of JSRSS a PM he maybe able to help.

Some more WIP

Great work! Even the firing pin drops when fired AND moves out when its put in the 3rd safety position! A+++!

Some more WIP

Looks very much like red orchestra, which is great!

Very nice Sound and animations

Im happy to know that someone work on a K98 :D

Greetings

Xorpane

This look awesome, will the MG 42 have a barrel change animation?

That would have to be handled by ACE or AGM or whatever mod your using to handle the heat of a barrel.

Looks pretty good, still got some work ahead I see. Quick question do you guys plan on adding in your own unique weapon sounds for all guns in this mod, or do you plan on just reusing Invasion1944's?

They're just place-holders for the time being. We're aiming to get as much of our own content in as possible, but for testing, we needed some placeholder sounds. The above was a WIP test - and I think we've worked out the AI likes the German stick grenade! :D

I think we've worked out the AI likes the German stick grenade! :D

Don't we all?  Those things are so great, I even use them to masturb...  I mean the shape is cool...

Yeah, that's what I was going to say...

• Like 1

This may be a silly question but will your optics be removable? So the scope can be swapped out with another.

Keep up the good work!

swapped with which one? another one of the same type that isnt broken or another of the opposing type that will not fit, because it is made from a different country for a different rifle?

Besides: after swapping a scope, normally and for sure back in those days you will have to zero it again.

@ Topic Starter

great work, sent a PM to show some support !

First of all just want to say this mod looks amazing  :)

Secondly will you be adding camo smocks for the Germans? And if so might i suggest you have some sort of script where some gear is random? So like you spawn down two riflemen and one has a normal helmet and camouflaged smock, then the next one has a forage cap and just normal shirt. It could help to prevent the clone army effect and i know a couple of other mods have dabbled in it.

But anyway that's just a suggestion and frankly this mod is at the point where whatever you release is going to be a great contribution to the community  :)

So thank you guys for the hard work  :D

Randomization is planned, not sure if we'll add it to the first release, probably not since we're missing a lot of assets for it yet.

We're still missing sounds and someone that could work on them, so probably we will have to use a3 sounds for the first release

Randomization is planned, not sure if we'll add it to the first release, probably not since we're missing a lot of assets for it yet.

We're still missing sounds and someone that could work on them, so probably we will have to use a3 sounds for the first release

I'm ignorant in this subject but isn't possible to get sounds from movie that were particularly professional in getting accurate audio samples as "Saving private Ryan" and "Band of brothers"?
  • Like 1

I'm ignorant in this subject but isn't possible to get sounds from movie that were particularly professional in getting accurate audio samples as "Saving private Ryan" and "Band of brothers"?

Not really - movie sounds are of themselves pretty bad, plus you have the atmospheric effects layered on by the producers of the movie. Good suggestion though!

Ah ok, i made that suggestion because i remember seen a behind the scenes of band of brothers where the audio guys were recording samples from weapons and vehiclesBut you are right the atmospheric effects may sound "strange"