VolvoJocke1337

Tracers Mod: tracers every round

VolvoJocke1337:s Tracer Mod

TL;DR Makes (almost) all standard A3 weapons fire tracer rounds!  :D 

UPDATE 20161201: V0.2 Added APEX and RHS: Escalation versions

UPDATE 20170128: ACE version in steam workshop

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=850254057

2015-08-25_00011%20-%20kopia.jpg?raw=1

version 0.2

For vanilla Arma 3, DLC:s and APEX:

>>>>DOWNLOAD <<<<

RHS: AFRF

version 0.1:

>>>>DOWNLOAD<<<<

RHS: USAF

version 0.1: 

>>>>DOWNLOAD<<<<

Also available on Steam Workshop

Overview:

So back in 2009 a similar mod was released for Arma 2 by "Pistolfied" and I really enjoyed it.

AFAIK nobody made a mod like this for Arma 3, so I thought I'd share my own creation.

This mod will make all (I hope) rifles, carbines and machineguns fire nothing but tracer rounds.
Note that I have left out vehicle ammo, sniper rifles, and pistols. 

These are the magazines that are effected by this mod:

5.56mm 30rnd STANAG Mag 
6.5mm 30Rnd STANAG Mag
6.5mm 30Rnd Caseless Mag
6.5mm 100Rnd Belt Case
6.5mm 200Rnd Belt
6.5mm 200Rnd Belt Case
7.62(x51)mm 150Rnd Box
7.62(x54)mm 150Rnd Box
.338 NM 130Rnd Belt
9.3mm 150Rnd Belt
9mm 30Rnd Mag
9mm 16Rnd Mag
.45 ACP 30Rnd Vermin Mag

20161201: APEX mags added.
                  Added some mags I missed

Might have forgotten some but whatever  :P

This may not be realistic but it is a lot of fun!

Not tested in MP. Not really tested in SP either, just enjoyed.
The mod is signed though.

Changelog:

v0.1:
- first release

v0.2:
- Added APEX support
- Added some mags I had missed

Credits:

The author is me VolvoJocke1337.
Many thanks to Pistolfied for his ArmA 2 tracer mod that inspired this one. 
QA by Joel.
And thanks mom, you are great.

License:

I am publishing this under the APL-SA license. You can read about it here if you're into that kind of stuff:

MISC

I have never uploaded an addon so if I messed something up please let me know  :)
  • Like 3

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

news_download_a3_3.png

Tracer Mod v0.1

==================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. Soon we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Any Chance of RHS compatibility?

Amazing mod btw cant wait to use it. 

Thank you :)

Actually I already have a RHS version, but it is incomplete. I will finish it and upload it.

Oh just one more thing will this work with the AI or will you need to equip them via script?

Oh just one more thing will this work with the AI or will you need to equip them via script?

No scripts needed it works all the time for all units having the included mags :)

You nickname dude, fucking made me lol :D

Nice addon also! ;)

Mod updated to v0.2 with APEX support, also RHS versions released! See first post :)

Many thanks VolvoJocke1337 for this mod! I also used to enjoy Pistolfied's tracers for Arma 2. :)

As a suggestion, would it be possible for a version that fires tracers every few rounds rather than every round? From memory this is how Pistolfied's mod worked. I think the last five rounds of a mag were all tracers though so that you knew when you were almost empty.

Also, any chance of a compatibility patch for NIArsenal by toadie2k?

I cant shoot with P07 9mm pistol when im using this mod, i think its a bug. Same thing happens in both new and old version.

Edit: Rook-40 9mm same bug.

Edited by vuckotadic

On 2016-12-03 at 6:32 PM, vuckotadic said:

I cant shoot with P07 9mm pistol when im using this mod, i think its a bug. Same thing happens in both new and old version.

Edit: Rook-40 9mm same bug.

Thank you for reporting this. I've updated the Steam Workshop version, so now pistols and SMG:s work again. 

• Like 1

Hello, sorry for my ignorance but if I use this in a scenario I'm developing for the workshop will users automatically experience the tracer mod once they have downloaded my scenario or will they need the complete mod themselves? Thanks

On 2017-01-04 at 0:31 AM, Ghos762x54r said:

Hello, sorry for my ignorance but if I use this in a scenario I'm developing for the workshop will users automatically experience the tracer mod once they have downloaded my scenario or will they need the complete mod themselves? Thanks

Yes it should work, from what I understand you as an author of a scenario in Arma 3 workshop can set my mod as a dependency, which will make the Arma 3 launcher download my mod when people install your mission. 

On 1/9/2017 at 2:50 PM, VolvoJocke1337 said:

Yes it should work, from what I understand you as an author of a scenario in Arma 3 workshop can set my mod as a dependency, which will make the Arma 3 launcher download my mod when people install your mission. 

Thank you sir! Much appreciated, may integrate this into my update.