Sign in to follow this  
Matthijs

Problem: Buldozer looking for ImageToPAA.exe in O:\ instead of P:\

I'm following The Atlas - A Guide to ArmA 3 Terrain Making (v1.0), and I'm running into an interesting problem.

My P:\ drive maps to "C:\Users\myname\Documents\ArmA3 - addon work"

I set it up using arma3p.bat by Mikero

When starting Buldozer, it tries to run ImageToPAA from o:\Arma3CommunityTools, instead of the normal steamapps directory.

When I create an o:\Arma3CommunityTools with ImageToPAA in it, buldozer is functioning without errors. But I would like to to run without requiring the O: drive...

What I tried:

- Tried updating Buldozer through the Arma3Tools  --> DevP --> update Buldozer 

- Going through the Terrainbuilder config, and found no reference to O: nor to Arma3CommunityTools

- Going through the Buldozer config, and found no reference to O: nor to Arma3CommunityTools

- Searched the registry, and found no reference to O: nor to Arma3CommunityTools

- Tried creating a clean P:\ (remove all files, use DevP to set it up again)

Update:

- Tried running Ccleaner, cleaning all caches, and cleaning the registry until no issues appear.

- Tried deleting buldozer.exe and replacing it with the retail arma.exe

- Tried searching buldozer.exe and arma.exe for the string "O:\" -- both executables contain only a reference to O:\Arma3\Arma3Retail_DX11.pdb, but no reference to O:\ArmaCommunityTools

Update 2:

- Uninstalled Arma3 tools

- Deleted Arma3 Tools directory

- Reinstalled Arma3 Tools

- Configured Arma3 Tools / P: drive

Problem resolved, unable to reproduce the problem.

Try running CCleaner.

If you've had other Arma tools for previous versions at any time in can bork your settup.  It did with mine.

Try running CCleaner.

If you've had other Arma tools for previous versions at any time in can bork your settup.  It did with mine.

Thanks for your suggestion. I tried, but it didn't help. Will try a full reinstall tonight. Let's see if that helps.  :mellow:

- Uninstalled Arma3 tools

- Deleted Arma3 Tools directory

- Reinstalled Arma3 Tools

- Configured Arma3 Tools / P: drive

Problem resolved.

A bit freaky that I'm now unable to reproduce the problem, but I'm going to put further effort in reproduction of the issue.