After reading a ton of tutorials, and even more trial and error, I am almost finished with my first GUI. Originally intended for personal use, I am pleased enough that I will be releasing it.
As of right now I'm just looking for some feedback.
While mouse is on center box (player cam) click  to rotate cam, mousewheel to zoom in and out.

Admin menu for blacklisting items and setting loadout of players and groups.
On the bottom right I will be adding more combo boxes (like the explosives section) for items such as medkit, toolbox etc.
Also I will be adding a small checkbox for map, compass, watch etc..
Please let me know what you think about the overall design and any items I may have missed.(chemlights are with explosives)

VIDEO -  https://youtu.be/EvfEKXVWD9Y

bXhbGPF.png

Looks awesome man, but, when u select ammo and such, wouldnt it be nice to see how much space u have? so i dont choose 50 mags, but can only fit 5?

I'm sorry if i deters you, but there is actually Virtual arsenal mod, allowing you to configure you gear anywhere.
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26269

Only way to set your mod to work fine is to set some bars showing space left in backpack, vest, and uniform - i recomend right down corner.

I'm sorry if i deters you, but there is actually Virtual arsenal mod, allowing you to configure you gear anywhere.

Only way to set your mod to work fine is to set some bars showing space left in backpack, vest, and uniform - i recomend right down corner.

Np , It doesn't  deter me. I'm aware of all of the other gear selectors/ arsenal systems.  My dialog is one of many that I'm making for a mission (they will all have the same overall style/color scheme).

As for the capacity, I've looked into item mass and maximum load for backpacks /vests/ uniforms. Haven't figured it all out yet but I will.

Is it possible to allow only specific items to display?

Is it possible to allow only specific items to display?

yes, a whitelist and blacklist function will be available.

That's very true, but this one looks pretty neato!! And if this one can change the voices, insignias and faces, it has that over the VA ;)

Also, what would be really neat and I like the neat look of your GUI, is to add a function like what is in "outfit gear" mod where you can select the members on your team and apply a particular loadout to them.  This makes such a massive difference in SP being able to outfit your team at the click of a button.  

• Like 1

Also, what would be really neat and I like the neat look of your GUI, is to add a function like what is in "outfit gear" mod where you can select the members on your team and apply a particular loadout to them.  This makes such a massive difference in SP being able to outfit your team at the click of a button.  

That's an interesting idea, I like it. I was thinking of adding a menu for admins or host so they can whitelist/ blacklist items on the fly in the same dialog. Outfitting players or Ai in your group could be another function of the admin/sp menu.

• Like 1

Been working on implementing the option to equip the loadout to any of the units in mission. Clicking the "settings" button blocks the cam view with this new window.

WIP screen -

tP8B1Cp.png

• Like 3

Added a short demo vid to the original post.

Love your work mate. Will you be able to open profiles from arsenal and then apply them to units? Your GUI is very neat andand I'm really looking forward to using it.

Love your work mate. Will you be able to open profiles from arsenal and then apply them to units? Your GUI is very neat andand I'm really looking forward to using it.

Thank you for the kind words. I've been thinking about a save loadout function but haven't made any decisions so far.

Great concept and implementation but I did notice one thing that would bug some people. Some weapons have mags with and without tracers so for instance if I want to have 5 mags without and 2 with there is currently no way to do that with your setup. Just a thing I noticed because that's how I typically set up my loadouts.

Great concept and implementation but I did notice one thing that would bug some people. Some weapons have mags with and without tracers so for instance if I want to have 5 mags without and 2 with there is currently no way to do that with your setup. Just a thing I noticed because that's how I typically set up my loadouts.

That's a great point, I'm going to add a 2nd slot for primary ammo.

did you manage to add a "patch" selector by any chance?

Not added yet but will be! Going to try voices as well, but I'm quickly running out of room. Going to have to move things around a bit.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, I had to take a break from learning to code (life is always getting in the way of me doing what I want). I have picked this back up again, and hope to have some updates soon! Also just realized that when recording the video, I left out the mouse cursor, making it hard for you to see what I'm actually doing. I'll update the vid soon as well.

• Like 1

As mentioned in a previous post, I'm working on this for a mission but releasing it separately as well. I have stopped working on this part of it in order to make sure all of the other systems work well together. This will eventually be released with a vehicle selector, and an XP/Leveling/Unlock system that can turned on and off. The weapon and veh selectors will also be using a money system that can be turned on and off.

Until the other portions of the project are complete enough, all updates will be posted here:

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/188123-wip-rpg-system-vehicle-and-weapon-store/