Sign in to follow this  
seryth_

Campaign lighting very bleached out and too bright.

Hey all,

This is something that's been bugging me for a while now (since I started the campaign, in fact). In the single player campaign, the lighting is very different to how it is in a single player mission, in multiplayer or in the editor.

In the campaign, all the light colours with any sort of light on them are seriously washed out and bleached out, to the extent where all I can see is a whitish yellow colour, no textures or anything.

I've done some testing, and made an imgur album of 3 images, showing the same location at the same hour and time of year. As you'll see, the campaign screenshot shows the building much brighter and whiter compared to the other two. It detracts from my game experience - it makes it very difficult to hit enemies in towns or buildings where the white glare is so strong that I can't see them properly.

Here is the imgur album:

https://imgur.com/a/i5JY9

Any help sorting this would be much appreciated, thanks!​

That is a custom pp-effect they use. You can achieve the same by placing the pp effects module and selecting the "East Wind" template. However, removing it without scripting might be difficult. Maybe there's an option to disable said effects in Arma 3's settings?

It depends on the month and weather. Also, it is normal for such a yellow building to reflect light like that. Believe me, I have a neighbour with yellow colored house.

That is a custom pp-effect they use. You can achieve the same by placing the pp effects module and selecting the "East Wind" template. However, removing it without scripting might be difficult. Maybe there's an option to disable said effects in Arma 3's settings?

It's been driving me absolutely insane! Thanks for telling me what it is, it's been bugging me for ages. I have all the PP turned off in the graphical settings, so unless it's somewhere else in the settings it doesn't look like it.

It depends on the month and weather. Also, it is normal for such a yellow building to reflect light like that. Believe me, I have a neighbour with yellow colored house.

All the screenshots were taken with the same weather (full sun), same time (7:10am) and same month/year (July 2035). Even if it is normal for a yellowy house to reflect light like that, I've never seen a white building that looks like this in the sun: http://i.imgur.com/PqX9OLl.jpg. I understand that it was a PP effect added for realism/enhancement/whatever, but I personally dislike it and would like to remove it. It was extremely difficult to shoot some enemies that were in the windows of that white building... it really shouldn't have been. Even in Greece (where I was on holiday just a couple of weeks ago) in 40C weather with not a cloud in the sky, white buildings do not look like that.