massi

Altis Guerrilla Warfare

mas_guerrilla_ico_zpsg4tfugc3.jpg

by massi

ALTIS Guerrilla Warfare

Hi all,

I’m releasing a new addon that is based on  Guerrilla Warfare on Altis.

It introduces guerrilla forces for all three factions (BLU/IND/OPF) , those units come with specific uniforms, equipment and weaponry, that make them unique.

The units are equipped with my NATO SF Spetsnaz weapons.

Hope you’ll enjoy this new addon  !

Description

This addon contains retextured guerrilla uniforms plus several new hedgear, and equipment.

It adds guerrilla fighters for all sides (BLU/IND/OPF) with dedicated equipment and weaponry :

fia_flag2_zpswuegkibi.jpg

- Irregular Fighters (FIA): Blufor guerrilla fighting for liberal parties, they're supported and equipped by western countries, they're supplied with G3s, FALs, MG3, M60, M79 and western launchers, plus former US/UK clothes, gear and equipment.

aaf_flag_zpss31gizxq.jpg

- Guerrilla Forces : Indipendent guerrilla fighting for ultra-Nationalist parties, they're not supported by any foreign countries, they're supplied by old WW2 and cold war weapons caches containing MP40, Sten MK2, MG3, Pzf60, M79, stolen soviet launchers, plus dismissed greek army clothes, gear and equipment.

opf_flag_zpsskpnduxs.jpg

- Insurgents: Opfor insurgents fighting for communist party, they're supported and equipped by eastern countries, they're supplied with AKMs, AKMSs, Zastavas, PKMs and soviet launchers, plus former soviet clothes, gear and equipment.

I used what I found on web as reference sources.

Features:

- Units are equipped with low-tech weapons from my NATO SF\Spetsnaz weapons pack.

- Units have their custom helmets, headgear, webbings, gear and equipment.

- High dispersion version of units and groups

- Optional Vehicles for each factions : Hilux armed and un-armed, truck, static weapons (M2, DSHK, AGS-30, Metis, TOW, ZU-23, Strela/Stinger launchers, D-30, SPG-9), T-34, BMP-1, Zodiac, ATV, all with faction specific camo and loadout.

- Units have their own retextured guerrilla uniforms, they're recognizable by camo parts on some of the uniforms and by their weaponry as stated in the description above.

- Each faction has 2 custom weapon boxes one contains all weapons, ammo and items, the other contains all the uniforms, gears, helmets, stuff, you can place them in missions to quick configure your loadout.

- Units are organized to cover all roles on the battlefield (SL, medic, MG, AT, AA, Demo, Sniper, Mortar...) available in editor and in Zeus.

- Units are configured in dedicated groups covering most guerrilla tasks, they're ALIVE compatible and they're available in editor and in Zeus.

- Classnames list for units and gear included in mod folder.

Installation.

Put the addon in "mod folder" of your preference and load it trough steam app properties:

Blufor - Irregular fighters -  (sorted by role)

Indep - Guerrilla forces -  (sorted by role)

Opfor - Insurgents - (sorted by role)

Same for groups:

Blufor - Irregular fighters -  (sorted by task)

Indep - Guerrilla forces -  (sorted by task)

Opfor - Insurgents -  (sorted by task)

FACTION NAME (TO USE IN ALIVE) : 

BLU Irregular Fighters (FIA) : mas_gue_blu

IND Guerrilla Forces :  mas_gue_ind

OPF Insurgents :  mas_gue_opf

FACTION NAME HIGH DIPERSION (TO USE IN ALIVE) : 

BLU Irregular Fighters (FIA) : mas_gue_blu_HD

IND Guerrilla Forces :  mas_gue_ind_HD

OPF Insurgents :  mas_gue_opf_HD

I made the vehicles optional on users demand, in order to get them is very easy: VEHICLES OPTIONAL CONFIG:

- open mod folder located in your Arma3 Install

- just copy the 2 optional files ("mas_gue_rebl_v", "mas_gue_rebl_v.pbo.mas.bisign") included in "Optional Vehicle Config" folder into @Altis_Guerrilla_Warfare\addons

- done

Requirements.

Latest version of my  NATO SF\Spetsnaz weapons pack  Here

My NATO SF\Spetsnaz Vehicles pack   Here (ONLY IF YOU WANT TO INSTALL THE VEHICLES TOO!)

Arma3

Changelog.

v 1.2  date 03/MAY/2016

- Added High Dispersion version of units and groups

- Improved vest models

- Added doctor, policeman and functionary units

- Improved loadouts

Download Links:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_6GnxXzbNVuWHdEUmkwM19BNDQ/view?usp=sharing 

STEAM Workshop standard:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=503829466

STEAM Workshop vehicle version:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=678097999

Bugs.

No problems found so far.

CREDITS !!!

Free3dee: WW2  helmets

BiggerDave (HSO SLA pack): for providing MLODs of soviet vests and alice webbings and belts

Vilas: some Alice MLODSs parts

Thanks a lot to BI for their great Arma 3 !

Thanks to all Arma3 community for great support !

Some pics:

th_guerr_pro1_zpsojhc9zqr.jpg

th_guerr_pro2_zpscitfexob.jpg

th_guerr_pro3_zpsquz0uf3v.jpg

th_guerr_pro7_zpsswqdcwzo.jpg

th_guerr_pro4_zps18wcggme.jpg

ACwAAAAAAQABAAACADs%3D#pwsc-%7BSnNsWUJlY

Hope you'll enjoy these units!

Best Regards

Massi

• Like 3

Great, have been waiting for something like this since release!! Any plans on maybe adding red armbands to the commies or something like that?

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey massi , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

Will these units eventually come with vehicles? Really nice mod and can't wait to get them in my missions.

I'm getting errors and the units don't have weaps. e.g. arifle_mas_sten even though I have the newest Massi weapon release?

I'm getting errors and the units don't have weaps. e.g. arifle_mas_sten even though I have the newest Massi weapon release?

there's definetly an error on weapons install...try to reinstall the weapons and check that you do not have any other optional config for the weapons but the latest included in the last release

about vehicle I'll add in the future an optional config for my NATO SF Spetsnaz vehicles

Really nice work, they're the perfect "moderately" armed factions. Not too soft, not hardcore armored military. Are you considering doing any middle eastern insurgents to go with these?

thanks really apprecited ;)

mas_guerrilla_ico_zpsg4tfugc3.jpg

by massi

ALTIS Guerrilla Warfare

Hi all,

In this update I’ve added  optional vehicles for all guerrilla factions.

The units are equipped with my NATO SF Spetsnaz Vehicles and they’re required if you’d like to install the included optional vehicle config.

Hope you’ll enjoy this new addon  !

Features:

- Units are equipped with low-tech weapons from my NATO SF\Spetsnaz weapons pack.

- Units have their custom helmets, headgear, webbings, gear and equipment.

- Optional Vehicles for each factions : Hilux armed and un-armed, truck, static weapons (M2, DSHK, AGS-30, Metis, TOW, ZU-23, Strela/Stinger launchers, D-30, SPG-9), T-34, BMP-1, Zodiac, ATV, all with faction specific camo and loadout.

- Units have their own retextured guerrilla uniforms, they're recognizable by camo parts on some of the uniforms and by their weaponry as stated in the description above.

- Each faction has 2 custom weapon boxes one contains all weapons, ammo and items, the other contains all the uniforms, gears, helmets, stuff, you can place them in missions to quick configure your loadout.

- Units are organized to cover all roles on the battlefield (SL, medic, MG, AT, AA, Demo, Sniper, Mortar...) available in editor and in Zeus.

- Units are configured in dedicated groups covering most guerrilla tasks, they're ALIVE compatible and they're available in editor and in Zeus.

- Classnames list for units and gear included in mod folder.

Installation.

Put the addon in "mod folder" of your preference and load it trough steam app properties:

Blufor - Irregular fighters -  (sorted by role)

Indep - Guerrilla forces -  (sorted by role)

Opfor - Insurgents - (sorted by role)

Same for groups:

Blufor - Irregular fighters -  (sorted by task)

Indep - Guerrilla forces -  (sorted by task)

Opfor - Insurgents -  (sorted by task)

FACTION NAME (TO USE IN ALIVE) : 

BLU Irregular Fighters (FIA) : mas_gue_blu

IND Guerrilla Forces :  mas_gue_ind

OPF Insurgents :  mas_gue_opf

VEHICLES OPTIONAL CONFIG:

I made the vehicles optional on users demand, in order to get them is very easy:

- open mod folder located in your Arma3 Install

- just copy the 2 optional files ("mas_gue_rebl_v", "mas_gue_rebl_v.pbo.mas.bisign") included in "Optional Vehicle Config" folder into @Altis_Guerrilla_Warfare\addons

- done

Requirements.

Latest version of my  NATO SF\Spetsnaz weapons pack  Here

My NATO SF\Spetsnaz Vehicles pack   Here (ONLY IF YOU WANT TO INSTALL THE VEHICLES TOO!)

Arma3

Changelog.

v 1.1  date 11/SEP/2015

- Added optional vehicles to all factions

Bugs.

No problems found so far.

CREDITS !!!

Free3dee: WW2  helmets

BiggerDave (HSO SLA pack): for providing MLODs of soviet vests and alice webbings and belts

Vilas: some Alice MLODSs parts

Thanks a lot to BI for their great Arma 3 !

Thanks to all Arma3 community for great support !

Download Links:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/26k9lb40o77klg5/Altis_Guerrilla_Warfare_v_1.1.zip  

BI Forum link:

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/184220-altis-guerrilla-warfare/?hl=altis+guerrilla+warfare

Added vehicles:

th_arma3%202015-09-11%2014-57-30-92_zpss

Hope you'll enjoy these units!

Best Regards

Massi

Great update, look forward to seeing them in vehicles..

I really like the guerrilla setting, the only thing is i use them in Alive, all three factions and its a bit hard to distinguish between the factions.. i know it sounds cheesy and probably not possible in the scope of things but coloured arm bands might help?

Anyway thanks ;)

^ Good idea, there are some more (rarely used) armbands ideas based off of the region, such as the Golden Dawn symbol as an armband for the independent guerrillas, and perhaps the standard hammer and sickle for the communists, but I suppose something less 'unoriginal' for the Opfor could be the St. George ribbon, which a lot of international communists use, not just Russians.

^ Good idea, there are some more (rarely used) armbands ideas based off of the region, such as the Golden Dawn symbol as an armband for the independent guerrillas, and perhaps the standard hammer and sickle for the communists, but I suppose something less 'unoriginal' for the Opfor could be the St. George ribbon, which a lot of international communists use, not just Russians.

St. George's ribbon is a Russian patriotic symbol dating from Imperial times, dedicated to a christian saint. I know the ribbon was sometimes awarded in the Soviet Union from 1941 onwards (albeit often under a different name), but the contemporary connotations with the St. George ribbon are Russian patriotism and loyalty to the Kremlin. I don't know any 'communist' groups who use the ribbon outside of Russian nationalists who uphold the Soviet Union, including the official Russian CP, and there is no way to make the ribbon compatible with communist ideology. I do support the idea of coloured armbands however. They wouldnt even need symbols imo, a red armband for the commies, black for the fascists and yellow/blue for the liberals would improve this mod a lot already.

Sorry, I should have mentioned Stalinist Communists in relation to the St. George ribbon, who of course have a strong sense of Soviet patriotism when it comes to how International Communism comes about. Another topic entirely of course, and since this isn't portraying a certain faction of Communism, the red armband is indeed the safest way to go I'd say.  :D

• Like 1

ThankYou very much Miller really appreciated ;) !

Best Regards

massi

Somehow the vehicle configs are deleted each time i start the game and have to keep pasting them back in?

Somehow the vehicle configs are deleted each time i start the game and have to keep pasting them back in?

This is steam problem. you can install the download version from armaholic. Steam update  the directory to the installed version when you start steam.

This is steam problem. you can install the download version from armaholic. Steam update  the directory to the installed version when you start steam.

Thanks, that makes sense.. guess ill un-subscribe from steam :)

Really nice work, they're the perfect "moderately" armed factions. Not too soft, not hardcore armored military. Are you considering doing any middle eastern insurgents to go with these?

I didn't see an answer to this question. Is there plans to add middle eastern insurgents?

• Like 1

Yes probably as soon as I' ll find the time ;-)

• Like 1

I love your guerrilla pack, any plans on adding a burlap cover version of your m1 helmet and maybe a few more different ww2 era helmets like an m33/greek/german steel helmets?