charge

ION Services?

Today I was playing again the ending of Win, I noticed that in the airport there are some guys with guns and a cap with the "ION" word written (probably they are a kind of PMC). Is not the first time that i see that cap, I saw it while I was exploring near the northern coast in bomos exploration, on a dead guy near a wreck of a ship and close to a CTRG crate, so my question is: what's they're role in the campaign?

• Like 1

Today I was playing again the ending of Win, I noticed that in the airport there are some guys with guns and a cap with the "ION" word written (probably they are a kind of PMC). Is not the first time that i see that cap, I saw it while I was exploring near the northern coast in bomos exploration, on a dead guy near a wreck of a ship and close to a CTRG crate, so my question is: what's they're role in the campaign?

They are a PMC

Yes but do you know why they are there, what's their role in a3 campaign?

I doubt they play a bigger role. Probably just PMCs hired to maintain public order after the conflict ended.

Yes but do you know why they are there, what's their role in a3 campaign?

It's just a universe reference, ION have been in every Arma game since Armed Assault in some form, they were in Queen's Gambit as Black Element, in PMC as ION, so them having a small role in Arma III is just world building.

Ha!  DnA's fingerprints are all over that, I'll bet!

Considering that he was previously project lead for Take On Helicopters... although I have to imagine that ION changed in the years between TKOH and A3, considering how TKOH ended.

I would assume that ION are the contractors that get talked about in Drawdown 2035. They would be the ones responsible for decommissioning the rest of the NATO facilities after the last U.S. troops leave Altis.

Considering that he was previously project lead for Take On Helicopters... although I have to imagine that ION changed in the years between TKOH and A3, considering how TKOH ended.

True.  Also note the Dutch connection.  That's Joris!  ^_^  And he is the king of time trials (started in TKOH) and drills.  Two of my least favorite things in A3.   :blink:

Time trials in TKOH created a near-permanent crease in my brain.  I would have enjoyed them more if I'd had a controller rather than just KB + mouse....