ob-andy

[WIP] Kelley's Island v0.6

Having a issue when trying to buy houses using this map with a Life RPG.

Worked when it was on Lakeside, but just changing the map only does not work

Any help

Buying houses has nothing to do with the map.

Having a issue when trying to buy houses using this map with a Life RPG.
Worked when it was on Lakeside, but just changing the map only does not work

Any help

Make sure you have all the requirements installed.

All of my friends and my games keeps crashing with wich looks like some missing building even though we have all the right mods enabled

please help its beign a problem for a while

You have to change the satmap image to reflect what you want to see ingame. You need to remove all buildings on the map associated with CA to remove the CUP requirement.

First off great map. I have a couple questions (I'm brand new to map making). Im following a tutorial on map creation that was made by CapsNCaps. And in his tutorial it shows you how to make a script to view the roads in bulldozer. I can't only see some of the roads. Like the road number 2 and 6. Is that because I did somthing wrong with the script or somthing with the map? Also I was hoping to remove the All In Arma Terrain Pack (basically make it an arma 3 only map with the e7 building and roads and what not). Could I just not include it then the building just wont show? Also I made some changes to the hills and made some lower cuz im making a housing section and it still had the mountain texture on it. If I recreat the layers.cfg (I think it's called that) will it change the color to grass because it's at a lower altitude? Thanks

Yes just simply load CUP terrain Core instead of AIA terrain core.

Hi

Will it work with cups ?

Hey ob-andy

I was curious if I can use your map for creating a life mission, since I like smaller maps aswell.

Is it fine to use it as long as I don't break the rules of the bohemia interactive license or are there any other conditions maybe even your personal permission to use the map?

Kind Regards

Faben

Howdy folks,

I've recently decided to use Kelley's Island for a new RP framework I've started work on, but I wasn't impressed with the fact that it had a 6.6GB mod dependency (so did a few others by the looks of this thread ;)) so I decided to go ahead and learn how to use the terrain builder, and over the last few days I've modified and (in my mind) improved the island in such a way that keeps its key characteristics, but improves upon the look and feel - AND - removes EVERY mod dependency. This has of course resulted in a bunch of buildings being removed - but you can add these back in yourselves with 3DEN or even Terrain Builder if you're feeling adventurous. 

I also uploaded it to the Steam Workshop, as I feel it's easier for everyone to simply subscribe and use. I will be uploading source files for it shortly, but for now here is the workshop link if you'd like to check it out. As I said, no mods are needed to run this island, except for the terrain itself. Apropriate credits have of course remained intact. 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=756477852

Source Files: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xms184z7qtv3e2n/Andino.7z?dl=0

Thanks! :)

• Like 1

I approve. Thanks for the credit and helpfulness to the community.

Howdy folks,

I've recently decided to use Kelley's Island for a new RP framework I've started work on, but I wasn't impressed with the fact that it had a 6.6GB mod dependency (so did a few others by the looks of this thread ;)) so I decided to go ahead and learn how to use the terrain builder, and over the last few days I've modified and (in my mind) improved the island in such a way that keeps its key characteristics, but improves upon the look and feel - AND - removes EVERY mod dependency. This has of course resulted in a bunch of buildings being removed - but you can add these back in yourselves with 3DEN or even Terrain Builder if you're feeling adventurous. 

I also uploaded it to the Steam Workshop, as I feel it's easier for everyone to simply subscribe and use. I will be uploading source files for it shortly, but for now here is the workshop link if you'd like to check it out. As I said, no mods are needed to run this island, except for the terrain itself. Apropriate credits have of course remained intact. 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=756477852

Thanks! :)

• Like 1

I went to Camp Patmos a few years in a row when I was younger in the fall, Kelley's Island is awesome!  Great island to bike-ride around also. :3

Can't wait to check this out in-game. 

thancks big bro for being a great ,mate can i hug you :D ,i mean i havent finnished yet just got my server and im a nood been working on trying to set everything up past 2 days seems like getting nowhere lol but u suplied a lot that i was looking for so at the end when i get it and finnaly finnish setting everything up im shure i will want to give you more than a hug.....message me if u like i would like to throw you a small gift for being a great persone.....my steam name is streetgamerconnect thumbs up keep up the goood work

How can I load this map into eden editor? I'd like to change a few minor things and put up some markers of my own! :)

Also, how do I even launch this in multiplayer? :P

How can I load this map into eden editor? I'd like to change a few minor things and put up some markers of my own! :)

Also, how do I even launch this in multiplayer? :P

If you're talking about the most recent link, those are raw files used to build a map. You would need to open them in terrain builder, add or take away what you want and package the island so it can be used in game, both for the editor as well as on a server. Everything you need to know on how to do all this can be found in this section of the forums

If you want the most recent map thats packaged up, its here

Have fun!

I need some help... so when I put the map into terrain builder I have all the layers, but when I lower the elevation to get the ocean/water to show up it covers the island and there are a lot small little islands in the water. I have all the correct terrain files from the source.

I'm pretty sure this is no longer supported, Andy hasn't be on the forum for a few months and the configs are from before the lighting change from 1.66.

This terrain is not friendly for beginners, if you're new to creating or modifying a terrain, the Atlas Guide is for you.

• Like 2

Does anyone still have a version of this map prior to the 1.66 update? Or after.

People are saying that your are DMCAing servers that made maps based on this. Is that true??

I know why you get a DMCA but if you upload source files for anyone to use then why DMCA someone? 

PS:
I'm not trying to be rude or anything i'm just curious that's all.

i guess the dmca request comes from another modmaker which stuff is being used as well...

so many servers out there using all these shitty precious A3L files without knowing what may come over them