ob-andy

[WIP] Kelley's Island v0.6

VAPBWKy.png

Screenshots:

http://imgur.com/a/eZla4

I'm releasing the entirety of what I've created so far. This is/was my first map.  I started playing Arma 3 for the sole purpose of roleplaying and I wasn't happy with the options I had. After being invited to the terrain community being a roleplayer wasn't met very well. I've been the last 4 months showing the community that I'm not a thief like 80% of the roleplaying communities. Lakeside map was ok but it was made for Arma2 and it was too big for roleplay immersion. Instead of making smaller maps RP servers were making bigger maps which didn't make sense. With the help of the Skype terrain channel I was able to learn, from no previous experience, to build a working terrain. It is not finished but I wanted to release it as a work in progress so that other people can learn from it and make a better community for Arma. I have tons of ideas to help the roleplay community and anyone interested in donating some time for helping finish this please feel free to leave me a message. The Arma community is nothing if communities continue to hoard their expertise in innovation. Please don't ask me to come to your community because I have one of my own. I'll be finishing this map and starting my next within the next couple months. I haven't decided if I'm going to wait for the expansion before I start object placement on the next for more assets without AiA. You can catch me streaming on Twitch at twitch.tv/orgo_andy and I mostly stream map making.

Information for the map.

8192x8192 Terrain

Real world island is located in Lake Erie, United States. Object locations were changed to fit what I needed.

The Island is roughly 5km x 4.5km. I'm including all the source files needed to add what you want. If you want all the libraries for TB you have to have A2 files and they can be downloaded from Bohemia in unbinarised format. I'm not an expert and I learn purely from trial and error. If you don't know how to load a terrain into terrain builder then please do the research just like I did. Jakerod's Tutorial is AWESOME! You can also see some visualizations through the CAPTCAPs youtube channel for terrain help. 

Most of the areas were based on areas that could be jobs in a roleplay format. I did try to create good ambush positions and chokepoints if you want to use the map for fast interactions.

AIA and JBAD Buildings are required for playing this map. (AIA can be found here:http://gameupdates.org/details.php?id=6029)

File pbos are included in the package. 

e76_buildings.pbo

e76_objects.pbo

e76_roads.pbo

catalinaobjects.pbo

mbg_buildings

mbg_buildings2

mbg_buildings3

plp_beachobjects

License:

https://www.bistudio.com/community/licenses/arma-public-license-share-alike

Known Bugs:

CatalinaObjects have serious issues that I can't fix because im not a model artist

Autoland is off by a few meters so you crash land

BI's crappy polylines export for roads.shp makes really horrible crossroads

Wind turbines are too close

Special thanks to:

My OrgoByte team that I could focus on starting this map and working on it and do things the right way. Most places just take someone else's map and then make original stuff after, we did it reverse. 

CypeRevenge for getting me started.

Mikero for making great tools worth every penny. Saved me a ton of time. 

_gotdead_ for the Catalina objects

Schultz for inviting me into the skype community and helping me when I needed it

Sirel76 for the E76 objects

Jakerod for a great tutorial that I could look at any time

Bushlurker for the endless amount of time you spent explaining to everyone any time a question needed a long answer

Jona for being my bromance

Richie for hugs

SniperGhost for extra motivation to keep going

Source Files: https://mega.nz/#!UA4ShAha!iqceNpP6DYGOnh7DDXSrOwzsvWiKmWREdA0Olpo6drA

Game files: https://mega.nz/#!tRAHWD5K!E-IBfsBr23w7Tootyh0SifSLtz97n4sujlrecvhcRxM

• Like 3

I'm agog to see this release. Nice work. ;)

Special thanks to:

Richie for hugs

Just noticed :lol:

New mod v0.6-beta available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey ob-andy , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

mbg_buildings

mbg_buildings2

mbg_buildings3

plp_beachobjects

Do you have permission to include these addons within your download? Best practice would be to point to these as individual downloads.

Do you have permission to include these addons within your download? Best practice would be to point to these as individual downloads.

All these were released to public and allowed in each individual package that was allowed to pack with maps.

Thanks for your concern.

A camera pointed at the bed in the bedroom...

I have a sense of humor. Hopefully someone finds the house and makes it their own.

I have a sense of humor. Hopefully someone finds the house and makes it their own.

Sounds more like the kind of stuff that would be going on at Put-In-Bay...

Sounds more like the kind of stuff that would be going on at Put-In-Bay...

lol

This is weird cause I live right on the lake in Ohio, I've been there multiple times, When I saw this im like "Wait like Kelly's island on Erie? Why would someone make a map on that?" XD Cool shit bro

• Like 1

This is weird cause I live right on the lake in Ohio, I've been there multiple times, When I saw this im like "Wait like Kelly's island on Erie? Why would someone make a map on that?" XD Cool shit bro

Are you the guy who has a camera in your bed room though ? :unsure:

• Like 1

Hope to see whoever is using it in their community please post here! Would love to see everyone's creations.

Hey there, I'm  currently the Founder of a community called ArmaLifeOfficial, you can find us at ArmaLifeOfficial.com, I am currently in discussion with my team about using your Map as a temporary placeholder for our community as we are currently working on our own map and framework. However whilst we are working on that we plan to use the the Altis Framework on your map with some modifications, and then possibly put our framework onto it. If you'd like to hop on our ts sometime and have a chat that would be great. ArmaLifeOfficial.ts3dns.com 

Yours Faithfully - Ben / Xtreme (Founder - Lead Developer Of ArmaLifeOfficial)

That was quick. that TS domain doesnt even exist. communities fly in and fly out so fast.

Don't worry i'm still here, I'll hit you up soon as i've had some rough stuff going on atm, but could you provide a ts ip so i can contact you directly asap :)

This map looks awesome. My only quarrel is the Fake looking buildings. They're almost too new/plastic looking! Replace them with something from A2 or  A3 and you should be good!

Nice!!!  I have been making an Arma 2 map of this Island up until last week; the name totally caught my eye.  Now that I just transitioned to Arma3 and am downloading this, I suppose I'll abandon that project.

Can't wait to try it, looks great.

First off great map. I have a couple questions (I'm brand new to map making). Im following a tutorial on map creation that was made by CapsNCaps. And in his tutorial it shows you how to make a script to view the roads in bulldozer. I can't only see some of the roads. Like the road number 2 and 6. Is that because I did somthing wrong with the script or somthing with the map? Also I was hoping to remove the All In Arma Terrain Pack (basically make it an arma 3 only map with the e7 building and roads and what not). Could I just not include it then the building just wont show? Also I made some changes to the hills and made some lower cuz im making a housing section and it still had the mountain texture on it. If I recreat the layers.cfg (I think it's called that) will it change the color to grass because it's at a lower altitude? Thanks

All of my friends and my games keeps crashing with wich looks like some missing building even though we have all the right mods enabled

please help its beign a problem for a while