WASP_Servers

[MP][CTI] WASP Warfare (RHS Edition)

jTPjRGi.jpg?2

Hello guys!

WASP Community is proud to announce a new CTI mission, based on the RHS Escalation mod. The mission is currently under development and have just reached the stable state, so we're going to our first public release.

The new version,  v. 0.216.5, is out!

RHS Escalation updated to 0.4.1.1 Please download the updated missions!!

Overview

WASP Warfare is a typical CTI mission in Arma 3. Both teams aim to destroy all opponent's bases and MHQ. By capturing cities scattered across the island, you got the resources needed to develop your base, upgrade your army and buy new vehicles. To capture the town, a team has tu clean it up from resistance forces, consisting of heavily armed guerillas. You have everything you need at your disposal: from small arms through MBTs and IFVs to aircrafts ans supply droppings. Team up with the players, plan the assaults, fight together to gain a victory!

Features

• The mix of strategy and tactics: the gamemode includes both base development and strategic planning by the side commander and tactical decisions made by every individual soldier
  • Massive multiplayer with up to 40 players and lots of AIs (HC support is functional)
  • Buy infantry and vehicles on the more than 6 types of factories
  • Custom aircraft loadouts for the seven aircrafts present in the mission (thanks to John_Spartan, Saul, SGT Fuller and Red Hammer Studios teams)
  • Modern units and vehicles: M1 Abrams, T-80 and T-90 lines, Bradleys, BMP-2 IFVs and more (thanks to John_Spartan, Saul, SGT Fuller and Red Hammer Studios teams). No more prototypes and fictional vehicles!

Since we use quite a few mods (you won't regret it, however), we have a google drive link:

WASP_modpack

With the further development of RHS Escalation mod we hope to decrease the mod quantity to 2 or 3.

Server

We run our own dedicated server for the mission. It is located in Germany and hosts both Arma 2 and Arma 3 servers

Name: -=[WASP]=- Public RHS Warfare Server
IP: 148.251.138.115
Port: 2333

For admin help, feel free to contact us:

Steam:

HarryD

Spayker

Community:

WASP community forum

WASP community on FB

Mission files themselves

missions

Required mods (the ones we have in our torrent file mentioned above)

We use a couple of mods to fill the mission with content and features:

• RHS:AFRF and RHS:USAF mods by Red Hammer Studios

This is a well-known great addon by RHS studious bringing a variety of gear and vehicles used by modern US Army and Russian armed forces. All the content is of wonderful quality and features realistic FCS, armor models, physics and a lot more!

RHS website

RHS AFRF download page

RHSUSAF download page

• CUP Terrain Pack

This island pack brings all the Arma and Arma 2 islands into Arma 3, with a few nice additions and quite a lot of tweaks. This addon is required only for non-Altis missions. The addon is provided with full and lite versions.

CUP Terrain pack full (13.8 GB):

Community Upgrade Project

Credits and thanks

Red Hammer Studious for their RHS Escalation mod (and screenshots we used in our poster)

SGT Fuller&team for USAF mod

kju for his AiA Terrain pack

John_Spartan & Saul for Su-35 Flanker

Reyhard for RDS Static Pack

Benny for the tremendous amount of help he provided me, HarryD, during development

v. 0.216.5 is out!

Changelog:

- reworked construction menu;
- reworked construction camera;
- replaced buildings;
- added vehicles from rhs update 0.4.1
- added weapons from rhs update 0.4.1
- old hq models are replaced;
  • Like 2

Hi! this mission can be played as Coop mission? The ia in the other side take Command?

Hi! No, currently it couldn't, unfortunately. In order for AI to buy units, there has to be someone who'll build up factories and provide upgrades, e.g. playing the commander role. Since AI is basically a kind of crutch in CTI, we preferred to concentrate on more important things. The commander AI could be configured in later versions however.

I have the vers. 2.16. Its neat.  But how do you get more than 1 magazine for rifles in gear menu after u change weapons.?

Hi,

I have the vers. 2.16. Its neat.  But how do you get more than 1 magazine for rifles in gear menu after u change weapons.?

Do you mean how we did it in scripts or you need a common logic?

Hi,

Do you mean how we did it in scripts or you need a common logic?

No, really in-game with the gear menu, If u change weapons, the mag box shows what mag u load up with, How do you get more than 1 when I

change weapons and set loadout, I get 1 magazine of the type I selected. Also wheres the grenades and misc, in the gear menu ? I don't see it.

No, really in-game with the gear menu, If u change weapons, the mag box shows what mag u load up with, How do you get more than 1 when I

change weapons and set loadout, I get 1 magazine of the type I selected. Also wheres the grenades and misc, in the gear menu ? I don't see it.

Click on the container you want to put the mags (uniform, vest, backpack) in and press "Set Load" button. Then you'll see the items on the left and the items you have in your container on the right. Single click to see the item model, double click to buy it (or sell it, in case of your item's list). There are mags, grenades, misc items, everything you miss)

Click on the container you want to put the mags (uniform, vest, backpack) in and press "Set Load" button. Then you'll see the items on the left and the items you have in your container on the right. Single click to see the item model, double click to buy it (or sell it, in case of your item's list). There are mags, grenades, misc items, everything you miss)

Allright.  Im on my way to check it out.  thx

RHS has been updated recently to v0.3.9

We've already added new vehicles, gears to missions.

Enjoy :)

I keep trying to set up a lan server for me and my friends on altis and as soon as the mission starts not even a min later it suddenly ends & it keeps saying "Mission Over"???

I keep trying to set up a lan server for me and my friends on altis and as soon as the mission starts not even a min later it suddenly ends & it keeps saying "Mission Over"???

Try to download the mission again, everything is fine when I test it in LAN

Seems like the AI is laggy, I'm not sure if that's because of the CPU's I have or what, but whenever I enable AI, it lags prettty bad.

Is this still being developed? I like the look and feel, but can't seem to get the Economy or Group menu's working from the central WF menu, so can't control any AI other than the 12 I can spawn into my squad.

~Z~

Seems like the AI is laggy, I'm not sure if that's because of the CPU's I have or what, but whenever I enable AI, it lags prettty bad.

Well, try to disable Hyperthreading, it causes sync problems quite often. Arma 3 AI is quite cpu-demanding itself. No additional ai-related scripts from our side.

Is this still being developed? I like the look and feel, but can't seem to get the Economy or Group menu's working from the central WF menu, so can't control any AI other than the 12 I can spawn into my squad.

~Z~

It is, but quite slowly since both of us are busy 24/7 now. When we'll have some free time, we'll continue the development since there's a ton of things to be added and polished: building menu, engineering vehicles, AI menu, buildings, SEAD, airports. As for now, Economy and Group menu are not functional, but in top priority.

Hi Can you post a video on youtube to show what the actual gameplay looks like? Is there currently only 1 server or is it clans of servers like KOTH mod?

Your plan looks interesting. I really like the idea of using moden war machines, like F-18, Su35, M1A2, T90 etc. However at the same time I hope the game can use free weapon/vehicle system, like in battlefield 3 or 4 you don't have to pay money for playing the great war machines.

I'm thinking of buying arma 3 because of your mod but I don't know what the gameplay looks like.

Hi so I  PLAYED  in your server! The game was really cool! I really liked the reactive real-time rewarding system. Anything you kill would show how much money you earned for it as an immediate feedback. That's nice! The money gathering system is Planetside2 Style. That was really creative! However there are bugs. I CAN'T equip the NV goggles bought in the gear menu and when I upgraded the hanger to level 3, it's same as lv 2. I don't know that's because I put the hanger on the mountain or what. Can you put the Su-35 and black wasp into lv 3 hangers? I don't see them in lv 3 hangers. And why not add more variants of vehicles to the hanger? A M1A2 would have more than 2 variants, right? I drove a tank and killed all enemies in a town. But I don't know how to capture it. Can you put a flag pole in the capturable areas and make it like BF3 style? It can be as simple as when players come close to the pole, a bar shows up just to let players know the progress of capturing. I can't play as opfor. Everytime entering the game it shows "mission finished". Btw I have an idea about the commanding menu. Can you give commanders a zeus view and make assigning objectives to other players as simple as real-time strategy games? Like simply clicking or circling ally players' tags and right click on enemy players' tags to assign the attack order? like that:https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/172375-gettactical-a-tactical-rts-interface/ And then on the other hand reward players to encourage players to follow orders? That way, pilots play flight sim, ground tankers play armored warfare, infantry play first person shooter, and commanders play real-time strategy games. All branches of forces functions together for a faction to take over more areas, so that the game can become really interesting for its diversity and having the potential to grow its servers.

I let an AI drive mhq and logged off server to wait for it, but when I logged back in I cannot find the ai or mhq anymore.

Hi,

First of all gratz on all the work you've done so far !

I played around 4-5 hours of wasp for the moment. 

Here is a list of what i'd like to be improved if you are still devloping the mission :

- The equipment menu is buggy on lower resolutions. Some items arent appearing in the center of the screen but more in the top and can't be seen. Some texture not showing up on certain items. The ammo types menu is confusing. Poor performance while in the menu (items takes a little while to appear)

- Prices are too low, so it gives a big advantage to bluefor since their vehicles are far superior than the opfor ones.

- More parameters at the start of the mission would be great for server admins to make the game more as they like. The "Map Play area" and "Map Towns by size" parameters are Amazing ! it should be a must have in any warfare/like mission. But something like "income rate", "time limit", "AI skill", Start up placement", "Stamina", and many other parameters would be awesome. becti zerty is the best in term of parameters like this.

- You said you were working on it but yeah the group menu is a must have too

- Being able to see the walls around buildings while building them would be a nice little adition.

Anyway I'm really looking forward on this mod, i hope you'll find time to continue developing it.

Does someone know if AiA TP LITE 2015-01-01 Full or is "Community Upgrade Project : Terrains" better ? If what i want is lower resolution textures ?

I'm Hosting the mod on a dedicated server ( still switching between rhs wasp and rhs becti ) I dunno if i'm allowed to post the server info here but i'll gladly do it if people are interested.

Heya, I was playing yesterday on the server too.

It went really well, but I had once a problem when an AI member of my team became the teamleader.

I guess it was one of the situations where my members followed the truck because I was passenger. Then I died and he kept being teamleader. Going back to lobby and return into game solved the problem because AI was disabled I think. Problem might remain when AI is not disabled.

Another question, artillery units get no ammo on beginning. Wanted to get artillery support while I was on the frontline, so I bought one.

Trying the vanilla way was always negative (later on he said No ammo). The Support menu always said not possible or something like that.

I love the RHS Warfare very much!

Would be cool if AI could command and build one day too (I'm not a good commander, I always try it when nobody else is on the server, but without an opponent I don't know what my level is)

Keep up the good work!

Hi, first congrats for the job. I enjoy playing a warfare with RHS.

But i have a request to ask you. I would like to edit your WASP Warfare (RHS Edition) to add more contents (RH M4/M16, RH MK18, RH Pistols, Spec 4 Vests, Hidden Identity Pack v2).

It's only for a personal use, i do not plan to release the mission.

Are you authorizing me ?
If you accept, could you please send me the source code (MP/email) ?

I thank you for your understanding and am looking forward to receiving your answer. :)

Hello Everyone!

First of all thank you guys for your support.

We are still alive and keep working on missions.

However due to lack of time we can't release missions in time.

At the moment we need help in scripting, mission balancing.

If you are ready to help please contact us asap (check our contacts in first reply).

We have lot of work to do :)

Thanks in advance!