Sign in to follow this  
bardosy

WIP [SP/CO] Duala campaign

This topic is about a work in progress campaign played on Isla Duala.

(please Armacholic don't mirror it yet!)

This campaign was designed to Arma2 and played by my friends only. But now Isla Duala is released to Arma3 by IceBreaker, so I decided to convert it to A3.

I just convert the first mission. It's playable and no errors (as far as I know), but some shiny things mission (eg. in the cinematic outro, the animations are not working).

You can download this first mission from my dropbox here.

The first and most important question is what MOD I should use?

First I choose CUP units (in this first mission currently are these CUP units). But I got suggestion to use 3CB BAF units instead of CUP.

What do you think about guys?

I choose CUP because it has workshop support and much easy to install and because I beleive them to improve it step by step. Currently it's not so great to BAF units, because it uses american placeholders with BAF weapons (honestly I like CUP bAF weapons).

In 3CB there are much British-looking units already and I need their Jackal (what is a separate MOD from units, so no need to use them together, but of course if I use one, why I don't use the other). But in my few test on Duala, 3CB units are lagging, but CUP don't. Of course I will made more test, but these first few runs caused CPU drop in my PC.

So what is your opinion? I should use 3CB units because it mcug fit the story already and it's fit to the Jackal what is needed anyway. Or I should use CUP units because it's CPU friendlier, has workshop support and it will be nice looking some day in the future, but currently just placeholders?

And this is the list of required MODs:

and

or

Oh and I need a few help. I need someone who is good in British military jibberish and slang to improve the text. If he has a Brit accent and volunteer to voiceover, the it's Christmas, but it's only an option. I could do it other way too.

2015_08_19_00001.jpg

2015_08_19_00002.jpg

2015_08_19_00003.jpg

2015_08_19_00004.jpg

2015_08_19_00005.jpg

2015_08_19_00006.jpg

• Like 2

Sounds cool, Originally I was just suggesting to do an internal port, with your permission, for our Unit only, but we'd be delighted to see the units used officially too if people prefer.

We like CUP too, so no pressure if you decided either way.

We do have some plummy British speaker's who could do some nice voice overs too if you wanted - just let me know.

More concerned to hear you had slow downs ? Could it be because our weapons are still calling ASDG_JR and you were getting RPT spam ? (we've made the internal changed to the mod and Requested PW6 remove that so it will be fixed shortly ?

Or do you think it was something else ?

Note that the Jackals are about (!) to get a serious workover with a re-release... Class names will be backwards compatible don't worry.

Cheers and good luck - the expectations are high that this will be great.

SJ

• Like 1

Great to see your campaign already available here, Bardosy (damn, it was fast lol) I´ve played a lot on ISla Duala A2 and the A3 conversion was lacking some good missions, glad you could cooperate and deliver a whole campaign =)

Personally I prefer 3CB due to all eye candy and attention to detail the 3CB team has achieved, but CUP is more acessible (as you´ve said, it has steamworkshop support which helps a lot of players) so I wouldn´t complain on your final choice (but I´ll open up virtual arsenal through MCC and load my 3CB BAF loadout to play this in case you choose CUP...lol)

cheers!

Great work, man! I'm always hooked for campaigns with cinematics, doesn't matter if they're used for simple scenarios, no high-level action.

Keep them updates comin', Bardosy!

Thank you for responding. I decided to convert the next two missions with 3CB and then we will see. But please when I publish here, do feedback. Specially about performance.

@Serjames: thank you for your support and info. I checked the RPT but there was no too much lines about 3CB, so I don't think so it was spamming. But we will see...

If I collect the lines (into the description.ext) can I ask you to forward it to a British and rework it into more British military slang?

@Cpl_LIB: It's not the campaign, it's just the first mission :) Acctually, it's like an interavtive intro. Not too much shooting, just the mood of Duala situation. ;)

RPT spam will probably come from ASDG_JR if at all as I think that's the funny in there at the moment since the CBA update. However interested to get other's feedback on performance - if it's an issue we definitely want to know.

Sure thing on the British Terminology/slang. Send me a PM when you're ready as I don't check this particular forum room much

SJ

Thank you for responding. I decided to convert the next two missions with 3CB and then we will see. But please when I publish here, do feedback. Specially about performance.

@Serjames: thank you for your support and info. I checked the RPT but there was no too much lines about 3CB, so I don't think so it was spamming. But we will see...

If I collect the lines (into the description.ext) can I ask you to forward it to a British and rework it into more British military slang?

@Cpl_LIB: It's not the campaign, it's just the first mission :) Acctually, it's like an interavtive intro. Not too much shooting, just the mood of Duala situation. ;)

I know, I´ve played... and couldn´t find the mortar team... is this really intended (there´s no opfor to kill.. you just go on a wild goose chase and when given up, you go to the UK base, receive a debriefing in Czeck and mission is accomplished) or a bug on my side? But you´re planning a campaign, that´s what counts lol

I´m anxiously waiting for the next missions on Duala =D

cheers!

@Corporal_Lib-BR:

About the mortar team:

Did you find the mortar tube and destroy it? Because the team is vanished. There is a radio chat about this, it's pretty common the team is vanished if soldiers looking for them. So if you find it and destroy the tube and THEN get in the chopper, it's what I want to. But if you didn't find the tube itself and then get in the chopper, then I need to stop the player to do it before tube is found. Anyway, the tube is randomly placed, but after 300 seconds you got a clue and then 300 seconds and the exect spot will mark. I did this help, because I know it's hard to search it. 

Did you say Czech??? ;) Did you say Czech?!?!?!?!?! In the national holyday of Hungary??? :D I laugh a lot. Hungarian is not even a slavic language ;)

I told in the fist post that outro is not reaaly reworked, because I focused to the mission. But today I will try to get this outro in better shape (add A3 animation instead of A2) and translate the text.

News about 2nd mission:

I realized, I need the Dualan rebels, what are not include yet. I could find other mod, but IceBreakr told me, he will add those rebels to Duala soon, so I will wait for it and I just rework the other scripts of mine to A3, what I use in this campaign.

Did you say Czech??? ;) Did you say Czech?!?!?!?!?! In the national holyday of Hungary??? :D I laugh a lot. Hungarian is not even a slavic language ;)

I told in the fist post that outro is not reaaly reworked, because I focused to the mission. But today I will try to get this outro in better shape (add A3 animation instead of A2) and translate the text.

News about 2nd mission:

I realized, I need the Dualan rebels, what are not include yet. I could find other mod, but IceBreakr told me, he will add those rebels to Duala soon, so I will wait for it and I just rework the other scripts of mine to A3, what I use in this campaign.

Happy Hollidays... I was going to say Polish but I recalled seeing too many ck,  y and ´ that I thought "maybe bardosy is czeck" lol sorry I´ve being sleeping so little the last days (a cruel deadline at work, get home late but still need to play Arma3 and hardline lol) that I couldn´t recall you were hungarian, sorry! ;D

Yeah, I read Icebrekrs statement, hope his units comes sooner, those rebels were sweet... and I´ll replay and look harder for those attackers...

cheers!

As mentioned earlier on another thread, I'd like to offer my services in proof-reading English translations. I can also do voice-over work. In fact I have provided voice-overs for several large Arma campaigns by Saok & h34dup.

I know that adding more dependancies is not ideal but Massi's African rebels are pretty sweet and we use them on our Duala Public missions :-)

• Like 2