Sign in to follow this  
Mr_Xile

Imported obj model into O2

So i have imported an obj file into o2. but the model is tiny what should i do 

so what are the units you worked on your model, before importing it in O2? O2 units are in meters

Zoom in. Maybe it's just really far away.. ;)

If you established that your model is indeed out of proportion, compared to the sample models for instance, scale it up (O2 Menu -> Points ->Transform 3D -> Scale).

If the OBJ is of your own making, and you wish to work on it some more, modify it, and repeatedly re-import it into O2, like PuFu suggested, check your Maya/3DSMax/Blender/Modo/whatever settings. Some sowftware works with abstract units, others use centimeters or inches. Often even the OBJ exporter modules have their own options for unit conversions, up axis, etc.. So pay attention to those if you wish to have a model exported 1:1.

Zoom in. Maybe it's just really far away.. ;)

If you established that your model is indeed out of proportion, compared to the sample models for instance, scale it up (O2 Menu -> Points ->Transform 3D -> Scale).

If the OBJ is of your own making, and you wish to work on it some more, modify it, and repeatedly re-import it into O2, like PuFu suggested, check your Maya/3DSMax/Blender/Modo/whatever settings. Some sowftware works with abstract units, others use centimeters or inches. Often even the OBJ exporter modules have their own options for unit conversions, up axis, etc.. So pay attention to those if you wish to have a model exported 1:1.

good point

I find that I can export a model from 3Ds Max and the sizes are different depending on if I save it out as a .fbx, .obj or .3ds - It might be the settings when you export it. Might be worth putting an example model in there for reference. Otherwise... as mentioned already, scale it.

have you checked the units settings on export? I always have the same units setup no matter if the file format i export. Of course, i do have everything setup exactly the same.