Placebo

VBS2/3 Discussion thread - the one and only

I haven't played the VBS, but what i saw in videos that the vehicle sync. and collision is better in multiplayer than in the Arma. I haven't seen vehicles jumping around and collide with each other in a ridicule way, like in Arma. Why could be that?

E.g. Dslyecxi - Technically a flip

I haven't played the VBS, but what i saw in videos that the vehicle sync. and collision is better in multiplayer than in the Arma. I haven't seen vehicles jumping around and collide with each other in a ridicule way, like in Arma. Why could be that?

E.g. Dslyecxi - Technically a flip

This, SO much. I can't get over the fact that driving behind, next to, or passing someone can cause catastrophic results.

That was a mod vehicle...

Right you are, but it doesn't change how vehicles act. Trust me, i know. I started using the glitchiness to gain an upper-hand in combat ever since Beta, simply because i knew that maybe eventually it'd be fixed, and because well... Everything tends to be explosive in Arma 3. Of course, this was the time when i can drive up behind an enemy tank with a Quad bike and take it out... With a Quad bike. Months ago, i (and i'm not even shitting you) defeated an entire enemy convoy of 5 vehicles, un armed. With an off road. Rammed the first vehicle,  that one flipped back and hit the second one, they got out, and it exploded before they could fire a shot, causing others to crash into the 3rd and 4th vehicle due to desync, and then the fire and explosions took care of the rest. It was... Something else. There's just something interesting about clients and vehicles, not sure if its the same for A2, but it surely leaves it's mark in Arma 3. =D

• Like 1

Everything tends to be explosive in Arma 3.

SPOTREP #00047:

• Improved: Cars are no longer prone to explosions from small arms fire. Explosive shells & devices are now required to blow up cars.
At least now further incidents should be "slipped through the crack" and not "never got around to fixing". :D
  • Like 3

D.O.W. VBS Multi-player Mission 12/09/15 @ GMT21:00

vbs3-poster%20DOW_zpsczyhfa84.png

Hazar Bagh Assault by Simon1279
This scenario is a simulation and does not have any political message.

Mission Summary :
Seize Hazar Bagh, the last Col. Aziz army (CAA) resistance is in that town. You need to eliminate the resistance, they are just a bunch of soldiers. Your 2 squads should be enough for this mission.........

Map
Hazer%20Bagh_zps7cxchekc.jpg

Background
The situation has arisen due to the failed Coup d'état by the once revered Col Aziz Olas. His failure was due to his miscalculation. He counted on several high ranking officials flocking to him. He was wrong! After weeks of cat and mouse he was finally captured and now faces a trial by the state. However his fanatical army fights on. This is the last pocket of resistance. You must bring this bloody chapter to an end!

Full details here:  VBS3 Mission  

• Like 2

AAR (BRIEF)

We disembarked at the right time. Enemy ATM took out both Brads
1_zps1hkkwnqo.jpg

Looks like we're walking home guys!
2_zpsmhvfbvxj.jpg

Asid (Javelin) Crawling over to Panthera. He got shot in the legs by an AK47! He could not move. Very soon after he received a fatal shot!
3_zps4z0mrv4i.jpg

Chezmun and Wilso clearing a building. Over watched by Panthera and Asid
4_zpsqffdqalb.jpg

Javelin ready for action! An enemy T80 was spotted by Chezmun & Wilso. Asid was called in with the Javelin
5_zpskjepmzhp.jpg

Thats all I will say...Apart from IT GOT REAL UGLY!!!

As a curiosity: How's the subordinate AI behavior/responsiveness in VBS3 without plugins?

Hi guys,

I'm thinking about selling my copy of VBS3 Personal Edition. Bohemia recently updated the PE customers to the current 3.7 version. As far as I know they don't sell the Personal Edition anymore. The original price back was EUR 350,00 (about 400 USD). Is there any interest for it?

Content Version 3.7 
VBS3 website 

Jens

Hi guys,

I'm thinking about selling my copy of VBS3 Personal Edition. Bohemia recently updated the PE customers to the current 3.7 version. As far as I know they don't sell the Personal Edition anymore. The original price back was EUR 350,00 (about 400 USD). Is there any interest for it?

Content Version 3.7 

VBS3 website 

Jens

i'm interested, check private messages

D.O.W. VBS Training Mission 27/09/15 @ GMT20:00

DOW%20VBS%20Training_zpsxtkptf97.png

Mission Summary :
This will be a small scenario. It's purpose is for training the following:
•    1. Advanced medical training
•    2. Communication

Advance%20wounding_zpsjzne4mmw.jpg

Date: Sunday Mission 27/09/15
Time: 20:00 GMT
Time (local): http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20150927T20&p0=%3A&msg=D.O.W.+VBS+Mission&font=sanserif&csz=1

For the rest of the mission, and additional info please click here
http://dogsofwarvu.com/forum/index.php/topic,1110.0.html

D.O.W. VBS Training Mission 04/10/15 @ GMT20:00

DOW%20VBS%20Training_zpsxtkptf97.png

Mission Summary :
This will be a small scenario. It's purpose is for training the following:
•    1. Call for Fire and CAS
•    2. Communication

image4_1.jpg

Date: Sunday Mission 04/10/15
Time (local): http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20151004T20&p0=%3A&msg=D.O.W.+VBS+Mission&font=sanserif&csz=1

For the rest of the mission, and additional info please click here
http://dogsofwarvu.com/forum/index.php/topic,1136.0.html

D.O.W. VBS Mission 11/10/15 @ GMT20:00

Taliban leader raid by Chezmun
20151007_173820_415-3d_zps5wewdo2b.jpg

Mission Summary :
Alpha team has been dispatched to neutralise a Taliban cell located in a small village in Takistan

Map
2_zpsrxwahqwy.jpg

Date: Sunday 11/10/15
Time (local): Click Here

For the rest of the mission, and additional info:  Click here

Repost of 11/10/15 mission which was substituted for another

D.O.W. VBS Mission 18/10/15 @ GMT20:00

Taliban leader raid by Chezmun

Mission Summary :

Alpha team has been dispatched to neutralise a Taliban cell located in a small village in Takistan

Date: Sunday 18/10/15

Time (local): Click Here

For the rest of the mission, and additional info:   Click here 

i would like to sell my two licences, is this possible or against the agreement ?

You're best off contacting whatever support avenue they provided. Either BIA Sales or the BI Sims forum/Support.

I'm guessing there is a restriction on who you sell it to given the ITAR control.

Selling licences as of now seems to be not possible due to the eula, however please contact me as I am trying to figure ways out to obtain vbs, and in great quantitys for recreational purposes. In my personal case also a bit of testing and I see a possible project and solution to a problem we have at work. 

I myself am searching multiple licences for people, and am searching to group VBS PE owners together. As it seems now PE owners are more behind on updates as ever and most owners are worried that Bisim will drop all support. Curently I have connections with some people within BISIM and if current owners run into problems shoot me a pm and well see if we can fix it, if not I will contact someone inside BISIM. 

Also if you are looking to sell or transfer a licence, I am looking for licences, however I also know the current status so shoot me a PM on here and I will tell you what is possible and what not, as of now not much is possible. 

• Like 1

Hmm looks like show's over and not in a good way.

I was trying to install the latest version of VBS that my PE (GYBBK) HASP ID would let me download - 3.8.1 but upon running it - it said that my trial got expired (which is nonsense since I got a GYBBK stick).

Then I've read that apparently I need to update the license (I think the last one I got was for VBS3 3.2)

But upon contacting BISim support - they replied that they will not update my license since Personal Edition support has been dropped.

Meaning I'm basically left with a useless USB stick since I can't even download a version my key worked with - in essence as if VBS was an MMO and somebody pulled a plug on the servers.

Seriously, this is quite extreme. So I guess you better keep those working installations of yours on your HDDs...

• Like 3

Really interested in see VBS Blue as a means of using VR!  Can we haz it pleaz in Arma3 ;)

I am calling out all VBS PE owners to contact me. 

Recently things have been happening and since the support is on a low side at the moment if you have issues with the software we can fix them through community support. 

Also Bohemia Interactive is intrested to know how much VBS PE users still use the software please PM me how much you still use it. 

Please do not hesitate and PM me, there are some things at stake. 

Looking forward to keeping the community of owners active and going,

Regards

Don Prince

A discord has been set up for VBS PE owners. Bohemia Interactive Simulations has joined the discord and is interested in whether you are an active user an what you are doing with it today. Pm me for the link... If you are not a PE owner you are not allowed in.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ASUS_Z00AD met Tapatalk

Allright, 

Fastforward to now and there has been a decision by Bohemia Interactive Simulations. Support for VBS 3 Personal Edition has officialy dropped. Officialy PE support was dropped back in 2013 however, PE owners still where getting updates. The lastest update to VBS 3 PE being 3.8.1 (more precicely: 3.8.1.136228 (76) ) This will be the LAST version supplied to the PE branch meaning that from now on the PE owners will not get updates anymore. 

This means that there will be:

- No future PE updates

- No future PE support

- No future PE purchases

IF you are not on the last version (3.7 upgrade bug) please PM me for steps to upgrade to 3.8.1. 

It is not all bad news as BISim is concidering a public version I quote from the statement:

There is potential for a VBS user community to be re-formed when we release our new product range, based on the VBS Blue engine. No decisions have been made as yet, however.

A website is in the making with a forum. This will most likely be www.VBSPE.com on this website the current owners will supply their own support and help based of community knowledge. We will also work on making the mods that are available in the community for VBS 3 and the Missions available to forum members. If you ever where interested in what VBS 3 lookes like or in general are willing to get to know about it be sure to hop on as with support dropped new possibilitys open up.

The website currently is down and will probably be up in 2-3 days. 

Another thing quoted from the statement:

One thing might be of interest to VBS PE owners: we are actively looking for Arma/VBS modders to join our development team, and if anyone is interested then they should contact us via email

So if there is Arma/VBS modders looking for a job BISim is interested...