Placebo

VBS2/3 Discussion thread - the one and only

Look like VBS3 and DayZ are sharing the same heads models ...

Take a look :

http://bisimulations.com/sites/default/files/all_heads_new.jpg

The first one from the right in the bottom row is from Arma 2. The third one in the upper row is from the PMC DLC. I'm not sure for the others, but they're probably also slightly updated Arma 2/OA/DLC faces.

Are there any VBS contractors that are hiring developers? Shoot me a private message if interested. Located near Fort Hood if that makes a difference.

No it wouldn't... It's just aggravating to see a CryEngine 3 based Military simulator outstrip arma 3 on so many levels.

Arma 3 also suffers not limited to:

1. Shadow Approximation errors (Pixelation of shadows (found in arma 2 as well))

2. Anti-aliasing cost far too high than necessary and model-jagging removal results in "fuzzy edges"

3. Ambient Occlusion costs too high than necessary for not even a noticeable difference

4. Terrain mapping and bump-mapping of terrain "slightly more bumpy" from appearance in the sky but not noticeable

5. Ugly post processing that adds no value to immersion

the list goes on.

ONLY ONE TO SAT:

CRYTEK is suffering being BANKRUPTING.:rolleyes::p:cool:

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------

Snowdrifts and Skis: US Army Updates Land-Nav Trainer

http://www.defensenews.com/article/20140627/TRAINING/306270027/Snowdrifts-Skis-US-Army-Updates-Land-Nav-Trainer

The Land Navigation Trainer allows soldiers to learn and practice basic skills: how to operate a compass and map, track pace count, plot points, and get to a specified location. It can then help students tackle more advanced skills such as reading terrain and planning routes. The trainer tracks student movements around the course, allowing instructors to pinpoint deficiencies immediately or during a post-exercise review.

BOOTCAMP in VBS3?:rolleyes:

Some terrifically good news for the Personal Edition guys direct from our Mighty Overlord and all-round pukka chap, Pete Morrison...

Hi everyone, I apologize that we’ve been silent on VBS3 PE (Personal Edition). We do value our PE community and I’m happy to announce that we will be allowing current VBS2 PE users to upgrade to VBS3 PE for free, which is our academic edition of the software. Keep an eye on the forums for download links. We may need to update the EULA and this could cause a delay, but I’ll keep you all updated both here and on the forums.

Please note that we will not be releasing VBS3 PE for sale at this stage, except to academic institutions.

I was personally involved in the initial decision to make VBS2 personal editions available and as Co-CEO and head of sales continue to see value in working with PE users. I take personal responsibility for not keeping you more informed and I appreciate your understanding.

Cheers,

Pete Morrison, Co-CEO, BISim

... of course if you kept an eye on the BISim Facebook page, you'd have spotted this already.... ;)

B

Edited by Bushlurker

Cool!

Ed has already posted instructions on the PE forum about getting HASP keys updated for VBS3, ahead of the download links appearing. So check that out too.

Looking forward to this already, can't wait to try out some of these new features.

why do't you ask BISim sales?

why do't you ask BISim sales?

Because this is a VBS Thread? Maybe here is someone around that knows the answere.

Removed....

Edited by NZXSHADOWS
Chortles has a fancey posting.

I am looking for a way to define a bunch of buildings as a collection. Then, each time I load different terrain, I can just drop in the collection rather than placing each building every time. Is this possible to do? Any help would be appreciated.

All discussion about VBS2 goes here now. Please refrain from creating any new threads about this simulation and cluttering the forums even more.

The existing VBS2 threads spread all over the forums will be closed anytime soon.

This thread is for general discussion about VBS2 and its features only.

Questions about how to use VBS2 or asking for support is not tolerated and such posts will be removed without further comment.

For support use the VBS2 forums or the known support email.

Also please refrain from spamming this thread with nonsense posts like "This should be in ArmA2 for free because <whatever reason>".

If and which parts of VBS2 are included in future versions of Armed Assault 2 are completely up to BI and/or the VBS2 users who funded the development.

I am looking for a way to define a bunch of buildings as a collection. Then, each time I load different terrain, I can just drop in the collection rather than placing each building every time. Is this possible to do?

I'm assuming you're talking about VBS / Visitor 4 ? - in which case the BI Sim forums would usually get you a quicker answer. If you're asking about Arma 3 terrain making then best ask in the terrain section (though the procedure is the same nowadays)

Make a new Template Library, give it a name and add just the buildings/objects you want in your "collection"... When you save that project, go take a look at the actual project folder in...

P:\vbs2\customer\maps\<projectname>\<wherever you saved the actual project files>

You should see a folder called "TemplateLibs" - look inside, there should be a "Template Library File" of the same name as the custom collection library category you created....

You can "import templates" to your next project by using this file and you'll get the exact same "Library" with your specific models collection, just the same as your previous project....

B

VBS 2 version 2.0 is not available on the BIsim website store. All that is there is vbs 3. Any idea where vbs 2 version 1.6 or higher can be purchased? i believe 1.6 can be upgraded to 2.0 i remember seeing a thread and a link to PE licenses that BIsim where selling at a discounted price. The discount would be nice but i a just concerned with possibly getting a copy. I have the older version of vbs2, the one that it comparable to Arma 1 and i dont believe that can be upgraded.

You can't buy a PE licence anymore. Doesnt matter what version you want.

I have the older version of vbs2, the one that it comparable to Arma 1 and i dont believe that can be upgraded.

If you have VBS2 VTK (or VBS2 1.xxx, comparable to ArmA1), you have normally a access to the BISim forum and you can upgrade your VBS2 1.xxx.

VBS 2 version 2.0 is not available on the BIsim website store. All that is there is vbs 3. Any idea where vbs 2 version 1.6 or higher can be purchased? i believe 1.6 can be upgraded to 2.0 i remember seeing a thread and a link to PE licenses that BIsim where selling at a discounted price. The discount would be nice but i a just concerned with possibly getting a copy. I have the older version of vbs2, the one that it comparable to Arma 1 and i dont believe that can be upgraded.

If you have VBS2, check the BISIM forum. There's a post explaining how to update your HASP key to allow you to use VBS2 2.0 and VBS3 (when the links get posted).

Is it possible to acquire VBS2>3 PE still? I'm looking to equip my whole team...

So, looking at post #1057, there will not be a VBS3 PE version for some time, but it will come later?

Right?

In the last email I got it said this:

" As members of the VBS PE user's forum, we thank you for being patient in

regard to the availability of the PE version of VBS3. As announced, even

though we will not be selling VBS3 to PE users, all current VBS2 PE users

will be invited to upgrade to VBS3 free of charge."

So I'm guessing not. However there is the new educational thing. So if you can convince your Uni or Academy or whatever they need it you might be able to get a copy XD