Placebo

VBS2/3 Discussion thread - the one and only

Question for the VBS2 folks: is it technically possible to create ArmA3 terrains using Visitor4? I recently began making my own maps for VBS2 and love what V4 has to offer with the Landbuilder modules. I've tried using Terrain Builder but it seems to have a lot of issues at the moment.

Question for the VBS2 folks: is it technically possible to create ArmA3 terrains using Visitor4? I recently began making my own maps for VBS2 and love what V4 has to offer with the Landbuilder modules. I've tried using Terrain Builder but it seems to have a lot of issues at the moment.

Probably is possible. I feel like some people used it for A2. Head over to the ArmA Editing - Terrain forum if you have problems with terrain builder. Additionally, there is a tutorial here: http://www.armamapmaking.info/quick_terrain_builder_tutorial (Under importing files, there is also a link to a sampleMap tutorial that will probably help)

If you want to join the Map Makers Channel on Skype, add me (jpauling1411) and I will add you to the group.

Hello, might anyone have a solution or suggestion how to deal with VBS2tools and A3tools installations confilicting with oneanother?

Hello, might anyone have a solution or suggestion how to deal with VBS2tools and A3tools installations confilicting with oneanother?

Are you sure that they conflict? Is it the P drive thing?

Here is an explanation by Bushlurker on how to setup two P drives if that is the case: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?150724-A3-p-drive-setup-info&p=2353043&viewfull=1#post2353043

Obligatory question regarding the object drawing optimisations, who came up with them? BI or BISim? if BISim, will we see them utilised on BI games?

Obligatory question regarding the object drawing optimisations, who came up with them? BI or BISim? if BISim, will we see them utilised on BI games?

I predict that the answer to that will be "BIS and BISIM are not related in any way, shape or form. Nothing's set in stone and/or guaranteed".

Haha those commands are amazing - going to have some fun with that later.

Edited by Flax_

Yup - got it last year. Its so lonely though I want more people to kill pirates with from the deck of a moving ship.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I think I've seen this before, but in ArmA 3.

Probably just some edited addons. Then again, this man posted videos of simulated water streams and dynamic ground in ArmA 1 and 2.

Flax_ : you really paid 1000 $ ?

nuttex : nice i see that after ;)

@elliot

No I got one of the 11th year copies for a fraction of the price.

oh ... not available anymore ? (anyways f**k vbs2 we have karts in Arma 3 now :D)

Nope I think it was first come first served on a limited number if I remember correctly.

http://www.rt-immersive.com/media

This is really depressive.

Not only does arma 3 suffer from performance problems. But I get the same GPU usage and less CPU usage in Crysis 2 and the CryEngine 3 development set. Than arma 3. All on a GTX 650... and I5-2400 3.5Ghz Bohemia pull your socks up. And before anyone makes an excuse the "terrain is too large"

I am sorry we need to stop making excuses for bohemia and face it bohemia are going to lose their VBS contract (http://www.pcgamer.com/au/2011/05/31/us-military-commission-57m-virtual-reality-training-sim-powered-by-cryengine-3/) . It's only a matter of time before they get kicked out of the Military simulation department as well.

We have

http://unigine.com/

Valley Benchmark...

Honestly Bohemia you are holding back so bad. It is so angering.

Bohemia Interactive Studios does not have anything to do with Virtual Battlespace. They are two separate companies with different investors, different executive management, different goals, and a much different user base.

Bohemia Interactive Simulations develops Virtual Battlespace while Bohemia Interactive Studios develops ArmA and other games. Separate companies.

I highly doubt Bohemia Interactive Simulations will lose their contract with the many organizations around the world, the US Army just recently updated to VBS3. This April, NATO will be having a meeting to discuss the present and future of VBS.

This is Arma 3 Forum, you might want to establish your trolling thread in another location.

Edited by CaptainObvious
No longer needed, thread merged with appropriate one.