Placebo

VBS2/3 Discussion thread - the one and only

Happy new year!

And yup, to jump into the discussion, too I as a PE owner have to say that ArmA outruns VBS2 in many aspects - especially quality-wise.

Some features are nice-to-have and sometimes even fuckingwanttohave (walkable interiors), but when taking a closer look, ArmA often is capable of the same things, feels better and, in many aspects, simply is ahead of VBS2.

But in the end, everyone will use the platform that provides the most fun for him, so it's all good, isn't it? ;)

Cheers!

Will be interesting to see the Arma 3 to VBS3 comparison.

For Arma 2 it was basically:

Unmodified Arma 2 < VBS2

Modded Arma 2 > VBS2

So for Arma 3 the comparison would be something like:

Unmodified Arma 3 ? Unmodified VBS3

Modified Arma 3 ? Unmodified VBS3

Modified Arma 3 ? Modified VBS3

Unmodified Arma 3 ? Modified VBS3

Edited by ProGamer

I really don't get the comparison point, as it was said, one is a training tools the other is a game.

By the way 2.15 is release for PE user ;)

I really don't get the comparison point, as it was said, one is a training tools the other is a game.

By the way 2.15 is release for PE user ;)

Comparing by how realistic they are. For example Arma 2 with ACE is more realistic than VBS2. They are two different types of software as you said, but who really cares if people compare them like this? The comparison is just for fun. :)

Edited by ProGamer

History of this forum will tell you that there's a few dozen people who disagree. The fact that they don't have VBS doesn't stop them from frequently telling those who do that they're wrong.

History of this forum will tell you that there's a few dozen people who disagree. The fact that they don't have VBS doesn't stop them from frequently telling those who do that they're wrong.

Very true!

hi evryone I have a question, I've downloaded Jcove lite, but when i run the game at start i just see a blackscreen with the Arma cursor, I can't do anything when i use my keyboard it shut down the game, i have try Admin mode, every compatibility mode, run the VBS2_Driver_Install, but that not solve the problem ... If anybody have an idea thank you :)

Wow, just noticed the impressive 2.15 that was released earlier this month -apparently the JUST NOW enabled Xaitment is currently in all buildings, so all my complaining about it not being very good was not so accurate. Also, seems the VBS 3.0 style realistic fatigue touted as studied under "scientific expertise" is is in..time to reinstall

A feature requested for ArmA for many years now - makes it into VBS3

Good to see that at least someone doesn't waste a year on adding such important features as a changed animal behavior instead of everything else to their product.

The user-friendlyness is impressive.

Arma (and friends) == Excel of gamming.

I thought AI was used only as an OPFOR in the VBS lineage. Do they train soldiers to overcome the limitations of rudimentary AI too? :)

A feature requested for ArmA for many years now - makes it into VBS3

Good to see that at least someone doesn't waste a year on adding such important features as a changed animal behavior instead of everything else to their product.

This is a lovely example of the kind of passive-aggressive, facts-be-damned nonsense that so frequently populates this particular thread.

Anybody is still playing it ?

---------- Post added at 16:56 ---------- Previous post was at 16:39 ----------

My vbs2.rpt say "Error: Failed to create surface texture" everywhere, that's the only thing he say for 150000 lines xD

---------- Post added at 17:07 ---------- Previous post was at 16:56 ----------

also i have this in vbs2_lite_usarmy.rpt : "Error: Failed to create surface texture (vbs2\uifonts\data\fonts\arial24-01.paa:3)"

I have check with extract pbo and i have the file so the error is not here !

This is a lovely example of the kind of passive-aggressive, facts-be-damned nonsense that so frequently populates this particular thread.

While I disagree with Metals tone, that suppression system looks hella fun to play with and it is disappointing that the feature was never fleshed out for our series. Arma2 had the suppress command which seemingly went nowhere.

Sure we have some nice mods but then always run into "what server runs x mod..." runabout which generally demoralizes one into switching back to SP.

Buy it?

Seriously though, if you want it to play it, it'll be a huge waste of money. I'd say 95% of everyone who buys a Personal Edition license installs it, starts playing around with the nifty features for a few days, and then almost completely lose interest in it because it's not a game, but an educational tool that soldiers and Marines are ordered to use.

Didn't realize you were one of the BBE Simulation guys, Christie. Nice work on the terrains!

I am THE BBE Simulation guy! As in its my business :) Thank you for your kind words! Im glad you like the terrain. It is a long video but the customer wanted a complete overview.

Nice map as usual Oliver.:)

So, honestly, your impression about VBS3 please : new engine or just a VBS2 2.x with a new UI ?

Buy it?

Seriously though, if you want it to play it, it'll be a huge waste of money. I'd say 95% of everyone who buys a Personal Edition license installs it, starts playing around with the nifty features for a few days, and then almost completely lose interest in it because it's not a game, but an educational tool that soldiers and Marines are ordered to use.

HA HA HA !

scrim : the anti-social VBS2 user. :D

I'm talking about Jcove lite (or VBS2 us army lite) there is maybe a solution to solve my problem better than pay 1000$ ^^

scrim : the anti-social VBS2 user. :D

Well, I've had VBS2 for around 5 years now, and not once have I seen anyone go beyond suggesting MP games on those forums, so it's not like I've not tried. ;)

And that is why I can really see the potential for VBS in every Defense Organisation around the world.