Placebo

VBS2/3 Discussion thread - the one and only

Any jobs solely for SQF scripting?

There's a contractor called CGI that hires scenario creators for TBOC Sims (which is in turn the US Mil) every now and then, just keep a look out.

Any info on how an upgrade from VBS2 2.0 to VBS3 for PE users will be?

There may not be an upgrade or PE edition at all :/

Announcement will be in December 2013.

Hi there,

I am thinking of buying the VBS2 PE. I was wondering what version of VBS2 I will get, will it be 2.0?

Hi there,

I am thinking of buying the VBS2 PE. I was wondering what version of VBS2 I will get, will it be 2.0?

The DVDs I received at the end of May contained V2.02, which at the time was the most recent version of PE. I'm pretty sure the PE DVDs delivered now are V2.12.

Can anyone tell me what that vehicle on the right is?

VBS3_2A.jpg

Looks like a tankdestroyer, like the swedish Stridsvagen

I keep trying to edit the graphics settings but it wont allow me to, says im logged in as a 'user'

Any help?

When using the VBSLauncher, You need to select "Admin" in preset dropdown list....

Guess I'll throw my 2 cents in...

1.) Won't be purchase VBS products until they move to the RV4 engine. VBS2 might be on RV3 but still feels like RV2.

2.) VBS 2.0 was absolutely horrid and seriously misleading in content (All VBS Videos showed A2 content, A2 was never introduced except Takistan map even still to 2.12)

3.) VBS 2.12 was an improvement, should have been the initial release but it still has quite a few bugs.

4.) VBS1 was just great, Seventh was freaking awesome he had true passion for the sim and it showed....

Edited by Sig [USMC]

I am new to VBS2 and I have been trying to learn how to bring custom models into the game. I have found Oxgen2 and it is a very clumsy program to use and modeling is almost impossible. I have found some tutorials to create an object for VBS2 and I have yet to create anything that will show up in the game. Is Oxygen the only program that will create the graphics that VBS can use? Even so how can I get even a simple box to appear in the objects menu and brought in as a game object. Then as I have been learning about all the different setting models can have from doors to weights to collision shapes models can be very complex to create.

Are there any good reference materials or tutorials which explains the process. I have been trying to get a VBS2 class but because VBS3 is coming out it might be months until I can learn ever the basics of game development. I have tried to save objects in the same formats as VBS and put them in the directories with other objecs and the game won't recognize the files and load the objects.

Creating content of VBS2 is almost exactly the same as creating content for Arma. Look up tutorials for Arma. There are tons. It is really not that hard, in fact it is one of the easier platforms to make content for (both Arma and VBS2).

I can ever use shift select to be able to be able select points for some basic functionality which is the most frustrating part of the program.

That's because it's Ctrl select to add multiple points/objects to the selection, not Shift.

Ctrl+Shift will deselect whatever points/objects you drag over. Shift deselects all objects/points except the ones you dragged over.

You should be able to access This Manual which should help a little...

also, as a (PE?) User, you're entitled to join the BI Sim/VBS2 Forums - there's a link to register HERE...

There's a PE Users section and also an O2-specific section you should also be able to browse.

The Forums aren't as jam-packed with info as these Arma ones, but when you're just starting out it's all useful reading...

B

Does anyone have a list of scripting commands VBS2 has that Arma 3 does not have? After having Arma 3 get a setObjectTextureGlobal command, I noticed VBS has had that command for a while. I would like to see if there are any scripting commands that could be useful for Arma 3 in VBS2.

I ask this because I see this here from Moricky: http://feedback.arma3.com/print_bug_page.php?bug_id=4573

"We don't want to simply port everything from VBS, as many functions wouldn't make sense in Arma. If you have any specific requests, please create a request for every each of them with explaining why you want them."

Edited by ProGamer