Placebo

VBS2/3 Discussion thread - the one and only

If you have read your Quote Terms an Conditions.pdf it will tell you what Tier 1 support is an the term of the support contract etc. Im not sure what BIA has sent you guys but I know I have all the information that I needed when I ordered my copy of VBS2 some 2 years ago.

Discussions about customer support belongs to the BISim support forums, not here.

Please ask your questions over there. Thanks.

got mine on oct 26th with one years support, no software only licence dongle, downloaded software from forum. can't get it to work though. file missing.

If you are still having issues please PM me and I'll help you out

I got lucky :)

Thank goodness! I was afraid that the winners might be random Facebookers instead of people actually interested in VBS2. Congrats :)

Thanks guys.

Hey congrats! Welcome to the 2.0 waiting line -take a number.

The bigger challenge here is to wait for it to arrive as it is. It's really hard :>

I was afraid that the winners might be random Facebookers instead of people actually interested in VBS2.

Me too!

Good to see at least one of "us" amongst the winners! Congrats metalcraze!

B

Anyone interested in working with VBS2 full time? We are currently hiring a 3D Modeler for our organization. If you'd like to see some examples of what we do, check out www.youtube.com/TBOCSIMS. We'd love to get someone from the community to add to our team. If you have any questions about it, let me know.

3D Simulation/Modeling Engineer-8828

Secret clearance is required.

The 3d Modeler would be responsible for creating 3d models for use in Department of Defense constructive simulations and gaming applications. The incumbent will work with all to ensure the accuracy of the models developed. The 3d modeler will also coordinate with M&S organizations with the DoD such as the Modeling and Simulation Coordination Office, PEO-STRI, PM-TRASYS, National Simulation Center and industry leaders in gaming technologies.

https://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH11/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CAMBER&cws=1&rid=8828

I got lucky :)

Congrats metalcraze. Look forward to seeing more ppl getting into VBS2. Soon We will have a group to test out somethings to share with Sim Trainers?

Anyone interested in working with VBS2 full time? We are currently hiring a 3D Modeler for our organization. If you'd like to see some examples of what we do, check out www.youtube.com/TBOCSIMS. We'd love to get someone from the community to add to our team. If you have any questions about it, let me know.

3D Simulation/Modeling Engineer-8828

Secret clearance is required.

The 3d Modeler would be responsible for creating 3d models for use in Department of Defense constructive simulations and gaming applications. The incumbent will work with all to ensure the accuracy of the models developed. The 3d modeler will also coordinate with M&S organizations with the DoD such as the Modeling and Simulation Coordination Office, PEO-STRI, PM-TRASYS, National Simulation Center and industry leaders in gaming technologies.

https://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH11/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CAMBER&cws=1&rid=8828

Dang I would so do this job. but I dont have the Certificates saying I know something about something. Do you guys make exceptions? Pm if interested?

Edited by NZXSHADOWS

All I can tell you is to apply with whatever skills you have. It will definitely help if you have a website with any models you've made so they can see your work. We have taken skills over certificates before.

Dang I would so do this job. but I dont have the Certificates saying I know something about something. Do you guys make exceptions? Pm if interested?

Why not just apply for BISim? :)

Government contracting can be a tough realm to get into without certs backing you the entire way. Competition for seats is a annual thing when defense cuts come into play (which is happening right now with the downsize of the military). One of the reasons I decided to move over from USMC contracting to BISim.

In all honesty though, you of all people have been around for while. BI is pretty well known for picking people up who are able to effectively demonstrate their skills regardless if they went to school "X" or have degree "Y". I'll be the first to say that I'm more interested in someone's ability to do the work rather then if they have a paper saying they know something. I'd much rather have a motivated jack of all trades guru on my team than someone who 'might' be able to do the work after extensive OJT. Seeing as there is no school for VBS2 and all, experience goes a long way ;)

Government contracting can be a tough realm to get into without certs backing you the entire way. Competition for seats is a annual thing when defense cuts come into play (which is happening right now with the downsize of the military). One of the reasons I decided to move over from USMC contracting to BISim.

Vandrel, while I agree that government contracting can be tough, our contract here was just rebid and we are secure for the next 3 years here at TBOC SIMS. We're working to hire talent with fire in their gut to make things that support Soldiers. BISim is great, but TBOC SIMS is in a unique position to make videos and trainers without asking for money from our customers. The Land Navigation Trainer I built came about because I saw a training gap and I worked to fill it. It costs the Army nothing extra for us to make things customers request. That freedom to build innovative products is why I love my job.

If you had a west coast office (or for that matter anywhere but Florida) I know a number of people that would take jobs with BISim (even ones you have approached in the past and turned you down... ;) ).

Work in Prague and be with the cool kids. :cool:

Vandrel, while I agree that government contracting can be tough, our contract here was just rebid and we are secure for the next 3 years here at TBOC SIMS. We're working to hire talent with fire in their gut to make things that support Soldiers. BISim is great, but TBOC SIMS is in a unique position to make videos and trainers without asking for money from our customers. The Land Navigation Trainer I built came about because I saw a training gap and I worked to fill it. It costs the Army nothing extra for us to make things customers request. That freedom to build innovative products is why I love my job.

Well don't get me wrong, I did the same thing while contracting on the Marine Corps side. I made videos, interactive Flash training tools (I'm a Flash developer by trade), scenarios, etc. but they surely were not for free because the government is paying the salary of the person/s making them. It's not really much different then the government seeking out to contract someone or a company to do work for them, either way the hours invested are paid for.

TBOC is a great place, I followed a lot of the work back when it was JTCOIC. I was also happy to see the Ganjgal Valley AAR used for the MOH presentation not long ago. All things aside, TBOIC is a good place to have a job but I'm more then happy to be out of contracting and in a secure job. Past 3 to nearly 4 years I've spent listening to government cut backs, budget cuts, essential positions and non-essential positions 'just incase' somone has to be let go. It's nice to not have to deal with that anymore but I do miss it since I happened to work not far from where I spent most of my active duty time. Left a lot of friends and memories back there.

I wouldn't tell people to not work for TBOC, it's a great place to get started in the industry and with the product and also for SME's to keep current.

If you had a west coast office (or for that matter anywhere but Florida) I know a number of people that would take jobs with BISim (even ones you have approached in the past and turned you down... ;) ).

Well I can't predict the future but I wouldn't say that's never going to happen. The company overall has grown a lot over the years, not like it used to be 10 years or so ago when it was run out of a storage shed in someone's back yard in AU, lol. But really, Florida isn't THAT bad. I moved here after living in North Carolina for the past 12 years, wouldn't trade it for anything. Economy is cheaper, taxes are lower and in some cases non-existent and best of all houses are cheap as hell.

I shopped around for houses over the course of 6 months and just couldn't believe how easy it is to get something here for practically nothing, and nice houses too. 4-5 bedroom, even looked at a 7 bedroom and all of them were about the price of a 3 bedroom 2 bath in NC. Lots of bank owned homes up for grabs here.

Gnat;2250347']Work in Australia .... avoid global recessions .....

But you guys drive on the wrong side of the road :p

Actually I've owned a number of right hand drive cars over the past 8 years, 3 1/2 of which was living in Japan :)

Well I can't predict the future but I wouldn't say that's never going to happen. The company overall has grown a lot over the years, not like it used to be 10 years or so ago when it was run out of a storage shed in someone's back yard in AU, lol. But really, Florida isn't THAT bad. I moved here after living in North Carolina for the past 12 years, wouldn't trade it for anything. Economy is cheaper, taxes are lower and in some cases non-existent and best of all houses are cheap as hell.

I shopped around for houses over the course of 6 months and just couldn't believe how easy it is to get something here for practically nothing, and nice houses too. 4-5 bedroom, even looked at a 7 bedroom and all of them were about the price of a 3 bedroom 2 bath in NC. Lots of bank owned homes up for grabs here.

Hopefully... :p Florida is a step up from NC, but both are a big step down from Western Washington (I like our colder weather and actual seasons and taxes don't bother me, because I enjoy the services we get in return for them).

Prague does sound interesting though. :D

Anyway, too offtopic now, haha.

It's been 2.5 weeks since the draw but looks like VBS2 still wasn't shipped :( . I wonder what's the hold up.

It's been 2.5 weeks since the draw but looks like VBS2 still wasn't shipped :( . I wonder what's the hold up.

Can you PM me your info

Go mine thanks Guys !

Been using ArmA2 too long ...... forgot how ... clunky ... ArmA1 was ;)