Placebo

VBS2/3 Discussion thread - the one and only

HLA is NATO Standard, DIS was retired as a NATO STANAG in 1998 and canceled altogether in 2010.

Isn't the HLA in LVC a HLA wrapper to DIS?

HLA is NATO Standard, DIS was retired as a NATO STANAG in 1998 and canceled altogether in 2010.

Isn't the HLA in LVC a HLA wrapper to DIS?

Yeah like I said, news to me. HLA is rarely used on the U.S. DoD side in comparison to DIS for most of the 'popular' sims. When I was doing contracting we almost never used it for major exercises and is still the case today. It really is quite rare for folks to ping us with HLA related inquiries.

LVC's HLA is not a wrapper, they are seperate DLL's.

I'm still on time? I want visitor4, but i don't have facebook and link S:

Edited by Minimalaco

I'm still on time? I want visitor4, but i don't have facebook and link S:

To qualify for the 50% you can simply use the following:

http://products.bisimulations.com/contact-us?select=license

• in "Reason for Contact" select "Licence"

• in the ‘Comment’ box quote BISim11 with either PE or Commercial Licence.

Vandrel they mention a $100 extra for a support contract for the VBS2 PE (not sure if support price of $100 is for the free winners only or the discounted ones) , I know we get the free upgrade from 1.6 to 2.0 without the extra $100 fee. What exactly does that extra fee get us as an end user? My order for the VBS has been submitted but was curious on what am I missing without the support contract or do we actually get the 1 year support?

Edited by Waycool

I got my receipt for my copy today, and it says

VBS2 VTK Personal Edition including first year support

and I didn't pay the extra $100.

Cool. Flax how long did it take to receive it from payment date? Did it ship from Australia via Fedex or the UK. My receipt didn't state anything about support. Thanks for the heads up.

Doesn't take long, I've got mine directly from Oz, it took only a few days (via Fedex).

Mine showed up in about 3 days from their Florida office. I've gotten it installed and am running through some of the training missions and a few others I've been able to download so far. I'm looking forward to really digging into the development side of things too, once I get a bit more familiar and read more of the docs.

Anyone aware of any MP groups or servers?

Dave

I think there is still a few groups around, although I think most have gone abit quiet and are waiting for the 2.0 update.

Was a group of around 5-6 guys who used to play out of the states, 'Ghost', was the guy who ran the servers name I believe. Played a couple of times with them.

I know i'll be looking for a group again after 2.0 is out.

Edited by Sabre

I'd be interested in jumping in if anyone puts together some PvP weekend fun. The AI in this product is far from the quality of Arma 2 especially in its current state -I could literally just run up to enemies and run around them without them seeming to be able or willing to fire. I don't regret buying it as without question the 2.0 will pull this up to speed and probably even more so then Arma2 -but at this time I prefer Arma 2 for fun.

Once mine is in hand and I get familiar with it I would be game for mp/mission/coop style sim play. Hoping mine arrives mid week. When speaking with Bis Florida rep said Novemberish for 2.0 so definitely on horizon .

Anyone aware of any MP groups or servers?

Dave

The only one I know, it's the FTS27, unfortunately for you, they are in Europe (french).

Today we've opened up a PE users section on the BISim forums. Those of you who recently purchased (as well as previous PE users) are welcome to jump on the forums under this new section where you can probably coordinate with other users much easier then this thread.

https://forums.bisimulations.com/viewforum.php?f=118

To view this section you'll need to be logged in. If you have not done so already make sure you sign up on the forums and provide 'us' with as much information as possible so we can approve your account (invoice number, name, contact info, etc).

If you have a forum account already and are unable to access this section please send a email over to support@bisimulations.com and we'll get you taken care of.

was curious on what am I missing without the support contract or do we actually get the 1 year support?

Well there's a lot of positive points that comes with purchasing support in addition to a license seat. Most importantly you get priority support from us where as your standard license holder who has no support would get limited or no assistance (depending on the situation of course). Basic to advanced questions for content development or general software troubleshooting are often the most common things that people ping us for.

Now that's not to say that if you contact us that we'll simply ignore you if you have no support but at a certain point we'll have to swing the topic to purchasing a support plan to continue a discussion that's going down the techie rabbit hole. With that said, in most cases a support plan isn't needed for PE users.

Thanks Vandrel,

And welcome to the new PE users. I know a lot of you have been waiting a while to take the plunge and see what VBS2 had to offer. And with the current price structure it makes it a lot easier to justify to the other halves :)

With the new numbers of PE users springing up (and the older ones re-surfacing) i look forward to some renewed enthusiasm into the product for the average user.

I myself own several HASP keys and would be happy to fire up the server again.

Congratulations to 11 years guys.

Regards./

Doug

USMC awards Bohemia Interactive a multi-million dollar contract to extend the VBS2 game for training

BISim will continue to upgrade the call-for-fire and close air support capability of VBS2 in accordance with the needs of the USMC, and VBS2 will emulate a wider range of USMC devices related to these types of tasks. BISim will also improve the terrain capabilities within VBS2 including support for physics-based destructible buildings, improved editing capabilities in the terrain tools, improved visual appearance of 2D terrains maps in VBS2 (and printing support), and further improvement of procedural terrain generation capabilities. These enhancements will make working with, and developing within, VBS2 even faster and easier.

http://products.bisimulations.com/press-releases/wednesday-october-24-2012-1458/usmc-award-bisim-support-contract

Was there really any doubt that they'd score the contract? :p

Excited to see what they have in store for the 2D map though, that is one of the biggest problems in the game, at least in terms of realism.

Thanks Vandrel,

And welcome to the new PE users. I know a lot of you have been waiting a while to take the plunge and see what VBS2 had to offer. And with the current price structure it makes it a lot easier to justify to the other halves :)

With the new numbers of PE users springing up (and the older ones re-surfacing) i look forward to some renewed enthusiasm into the product for the average user.

I myself own several HASP keys and would be happy to fire up the server again.

Congratulations to 11 years guys.

Regards./

Doug

Hi Doug,

Good to talk to you on the phone today and thanks again for popping into the Australian office and saying hi. It was nice to hear some good feedback from the community. Looking forward to jumping on PE and having a game with you.

Hi Doug,

Good to talk to you on the phone today and thanks again for popping into the Australian office and saying hi. It was nice to hear some good feedback from the community. Looking forward to jumping on PE and having a game with you.

For personal stuff like this we have a private message system here. As much as you may have enjoyed the visit, it's irrelevant for the majority of people here interested in VBS2. :)

I'd be interested in jumping in if anyone puts together some PvP weekend fun. The AI in this product is far from the quality of Arma 2 especially in its current state -I could literally just run up to enemies and run around them without them seeming to be able or willing to fire. I don't regret buying it as without question the 2.0 will pull this up to speed and probably even more so then Arma2 -but at this time I prefer Arma 2 for fun.

VBS2 1.6 has some amazing features, the main snag is underneath its still Arma 1 with its 'intresting' AI. I can imagine multiplayer being mind blowing, would be really good to get a game going with all the PE users.

VBS 2.0 with the Arma 2 AI should be a real game changer, Im really looking forward to it.

With regards to the slow aiming I started playing with the config values a while back to speed up the aiming and AI aggression and then lost intrest from getting lost in VBS2's endless inheritance system.

With permission I used the aiming speed values from RG's excellent truegameplay mods, ive put it up on the VBS2 forum.

99% credit goes to RG.

I think there is still a few groups around, although I think most have gone abit quiet and are waiting for the 2.0 update.

Was a group of around 5-6 guys who used to play out of the states, 'Ghost', was the guy who ran the servers name I believe. Played a couple of times with them.

Sabre there is an Australian group that now has 10 members with VBS2 PE so you should be able to easily hook up some games.

Edited by tromac_bis

Yes I remember those days. Hopefully more fun to come soon :)

I got my receipt for my copy today, and it says
VBS2 VTK Personal Edition including first year support

and I didn't pay the extra $100.

got mine on oct 26th with one years support, no software only licence dongle, downloaded software from forum. can't get it to work though. file missing.

What does the Support thing mean? I bought it one and a half year ago and for me it didnt say about support. Life long?