Placebo

VBS2/3 Discussion thread - the one and only

I just went through that EULA twice and broke it down into small parts to make sure I didn't skip anything and I don't see anything that would be considered unclear. 99% of that EULA seems to cover mainly the product itself from being exploited, reverse engineer or altered for resale. one or two parts seems to sum up everything as to usage:

You may not install, launch, access or use the Software unless you have reviewed the terms of this EULA and have accepted it by registering your acceptance using the procedure provided by the VBS2 Lite: US Army software.
I. GRANT OF LICENSE

Company grants Users a limited, personal, restricted, non-exclusive and non-transferable license to install and use this copy of the VBS2 Lite: US Army Software on one or more personal computers (“PC(s)â€) for the purpose of playing the VBS2 Lite: US Army game. All other rights are reserved.

the next instance seems to be concerning the editor and how the game is allowed to be edited or how far you can go:

Subject to the terms and conditions of this EULA, Company grants Users a limited, personal restricted, non-exclusive and non-transferable license to use the Editor Tools to create Variations and to use such Variations solely with licensed copies of this VBS2 Lite:US Army Software or any other gaming software product of Bohemia Interactive Australia Pty Ltd, Bohemia Interactive Simulations s.r.o. or Bohemia Interactive Studio s.r.o with which such Variations are compatible without further modification (including but not limited to the full version of VBS2).

It then goes from copyrights to warranty disclaimer to in case of lawsuit and where you can and how you can sue and fades into misc stuff from there.

Then how is it your own WIKI states that "copy and use of it is free to anybody" Only thing that seems restricted to military personel is access to military download sites which makes sense. So which is correct? your statement above or the WIKI?
I just went through that EULA twice and broke it down into small parts to make sure I didn't skip anything and I don't see anything that would be considered unclear. 99% of that EULA seems to cover mainly the product itself from being exploited, reverse engineer or altered for resale. one or two parts seems to sum up everything as to usage:

the next instance seems to be concerning the editor and how the game is allowed to be edited or how far you can go:

It then goes from copyrights to warranty disclaimer to in case of lawsuit and where you can and how you can sue and fades into misc stuff from there.

The Wiki reference was last modified on 2 August 2010, at 17:28. A lot has changed in the company since then so to be sure you have updated answers to your questions it's always best to send in questions to support. Our Wiki often contains sections that have out dated information which we try to ensure gets updated when the updated info is available.

If you want to discuss the semantics of the EULA then I'd be happy to put you in contact with our legal department, they could also provide you with any of the latest changes to the EULA if any. Send a email over to support@bisimulations.com (Subject: VBS2 Lite EULA) with your questions and info, be sure to include details as to exactly what you want to do and we can further elaborate on any restrictions that may apply.

I'm not the legal department so I won't debate legal matters ;)

wasnt a debate and im sorry I Was just trying to clear up a question so I wasn't breaking any laws by making copies for people.

I remember a year ago or so I tried to see if I can get my hands on US Army Lite and to register you had to have a (western/NATO) military email (the one that ends with .mil)

So I guess that was a little hint that it is restricted.

Of course there's always JCOVE lite

Well in all fairness you are a bit confused as to whether you can host it or not to download. So alot of us burn it and mail it out. And JCOVE isnt USAL and you can see the difference and feel it as well.

I love the low velocity hand grenade.....

The amount of times I have stuffed a room entry due to grenades flying everyway except in ;)

Looks like the "Serious Gamers" got the shaft on the Bi Sim Forums. Anyone know of another active place for ppl to bullshit about VBS2 content on a gamers/hobbyist level?

Looks like the "Serious Gamers" got the shaft on the Bi Sim Forums. Anyone know of another active place for ppl to bullshit about VBS2 content on a gamers/hobbyist level?

Repositioned, but not shafted: https://forums.bisimulations.com/viewforum.php?f=18

"General Discussion: Open discussion area for serious gamers and content developers."

OH.. Well I dont have access.. But sent a request..

We did a quick restructure of the forums on the back end, please feel free to PM Ed or myself if you are missing sections

I sent my request and it was fixed very quickly

I noticed the restructuring happening over the last couple of days...

There was a handy link posted in the main BI Sim section for anyone who used to have access and now suddenly finds they don't...

B

We're about to release the next version of our VBS2 Land Navigation Trainer and I'm trying to get feedback from the ARMA/VBS mod community. I'm actually considering trying to recreate the trainer we built in ARMA2 for civilian use. Just don't know if there's a need for it. And the scenario files are free to anyone that wants them. -Brian

Hehe, I really like this video just saw on FB. LOL at that team leader's facial expression - I don't think he's very optimistic :)

zDuTPcyP4UA

Lol, I wish I could claim credit for specifically calling that facial animation, but I think I just got lucky. :-) I'm just happy when I don't have to set everyone's facial animations to "normal" so they don't bust out a goofy grin in the middle of serious dialog. -Brian

We're about to release the next version of our VBS2 Land Navigation Trainer and I'm trying to get feedback from the ARMA/VBS mod community. I'm actually considering trying to recreate the trainer we built in ARMA2 for civilian use. Just don't know if there's a need for it. And the scenario files are free to anyone that wants them. -Brian

Well, you can definitely count me as interested. Especially if the scenarios come with some reading-matter for theoretical background.

Looks very nice.

Yeah iam intrested aswell with ur project. i own vbs2 / arma2

It surely is good for personal training.

Hope to hear from you!

Well, you can definitely count me as interested. Especially if the scenarios come with some reading-matter for theoretical background.

Looks very nice.

I'm not sure what you mean by "reading matter for theoretical background." Do you mean including the powerpoint to teach land navigation or more information on how we developed the trainer?

Love teaching landnav in A2. I wish we had the magnetic declination features in A2 that are in VBS2 (though I am slowly working my way to providing them... :D)

Our VBS2 Land Navigation Trainer v1.6 is finally complete and ready for release. We welcome your feedback and hope the trainer can be put to good use.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B832dWx4fxYtYXVqVjBfVlRrTkU

www.facebook.com/TBOCSIMS

I'm not sure what you mean by "reading matter for theoretical background." Do you mean including the powerpoint to teach land navigation or more information on how we developed the trainer?

I mean the former one. Thanks a lot.