Placebo

VBS2/3 Discussion thread - the one and only

I see, this is understandable. Thanks for the quick reply and multiple email idea though, clever and seems more or less secure. I sent BIS an email in the meantime asking if they do alternate payment options (bank deposit specifically), but after reading this I am expecting a no.

IIRC mate, this was the only route I could go and that was as of May 2011. That said, I could be wrong and they may have alternate methods of payment as of now. I suspect that a direct deposit is a no-go simply from a corporate financial standpoint. If you have any other questions let us know, we'll be more then happy to answer them.

I'm sure you'll be getting quick responses seeing as how you're in OZ and it's still early there. Make sure you register on the forum once you are approved.

IIRC mate, this was the only route I could go and that was as of May 2011. That said, I could be wrong and they may have alternate methods of payment as of now. I suspect that a direct deposit is a no-go simply from a corporate financial standpoint. If you have any other questions let us know, we'll be more then happy to answer them.

I'm sure you'll be getting quick responses seeing as how you're in OZ and it's still early there. Make sure you register on the forum once you are approved.

Ah yeah, that's fair enough. I have no real problem with credit card info, but any alternative would be good. And thanks a lot for the hospitality :D

And yeah, I still haven't got a reply yet today, although BIS responses have been prompt over the last couple of days (they're coming from the NSW office). Think they finally got back from holidays (first email sent early Dec, didn't get a reply till two days ago).

I'm sure more questions will come, but definitely regarding ordering, payment and delivery as opposed to content (I'm aware of most of the included content already). That said though, as part of the VBS2 PE content list I was sent, one of the pointers was "VBS2 Tool Suite". I'm assuming and hoping that this suite includes Visitor 4, as that is a major selling point for me. Is anyone able to clarify if this includes Visitor 4, as well as any other software?

Will probably throw down the order tomorrow sometime if I can, and will register on those forums asap. Thanks again for the help and I'll keep you updated :)

Cheers.

[update]

Got a reply a while earlier, confirming that Bank Deposit is an option - they provided their bank details via email. Also asked them that question regarding the tool suite, it does come with Visitor 4 as well as Oxygen 2 and FSM editor or something of the like.

Edited by SnakedoctorAAF
double post

When you get a quote just phone them and give your credit card details.

That's what I did

Ah yeah, that's fair enough. I have no real problem with credit card info, but any alternative would be good. And thanks a lot for the hospitality :D

And yeah, I still haven't got a reply yet today, although BIS responses have been prompt over the last couple of days (they're coming from the NSW office). Think they finally got back from holidays (first email sent early Dec, didn't get a reply till two days ago).

I'm sure more questions will come, but definitely regarding ordering, payment and delivery as opposed to content (I'm aware of most of the included content already). That said though, as part of the VBS2 PE content list I was sent, one of the pointers was "VBS2 Tool Suite". I'm assuming and hoping that this suite includes Visitor 4, as that is a major selling point for me. Is anyone able to clarify if this includes Visitor 4, as well as any other software?

Will probably throw down the order tomorrow sometime if I can, and will register on those forums asap. Thanks again for the help and I'll keep you updated :)

Cheers.

[update]

Just got a reply, bank deposit is actually a viable option now - BIS supplied bank details via email. I'll probably put down the order sometime tomorrow - not really having any second thoughts right now. Just one more quick question regarding content - one of the listed features for the Personal license is "VBS2 Tool Suite". I'm assuming and hoping that this suite includes Visitor 4, is someone able to clarify this as well as let me know the other included software?

I'll probably have another question or two regarding ordering and delivering, but thanks a lot for the hospitality so far. I'll definitely jump onto those forums asap.

Thanks again, Snakedoctor.

Should include Visitor 4.

Should include Visitor 4.

It does include Visitor 4.

No 11: "A pretty handy Pilot to have during a roof insertion? "

328384_284158984970815wkz7.jpg

click on the image to see a larger version

Looking very nice! :)

Nice!!

Working divers, working Subs, Frigates, with working turrets and missile launchers .......

........ wheres my commission ! ;)

I've ordered VBS2 PE it should arrive soon :) does anyone play with it on a network?

Edited by Bogart

Gnat;2098700']Nice!!

Working divers' date=' working Subs, Frigates, with working turrets and missile launchers .......

........ wheres my commission ! ;)[/quote']

Exactly what i thought while watching this. I wouldn't have been surprised to see your name in some of the credits :)

1.60 have been release just some days ago, there are alot of new units & vehicle etc.. unfortanly no new terrain, looking foward to 2.0 Update..

A video, on duty with containers :o

Some other screenshots, on Swedish stuff..

http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/zz186/washoutswe/vbs2/20120209_171921-all.jpg

http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/zz186/washoutswe/vbs2/20120209_172212-3d.jpg

http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/zz186/washoutswe/vbs2/20120209_171840-all.jpg

http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/zz186/washoutswe/vbs2/20120209_171809-3d.jpg

1.60 have been release just some days ago, there are alot of new units & vehicle etc.. unfortanly no new terrain, looking foward to 2.0 Update..

A video, on duty with containers :o

Some other screenshots, on Swedish stuff..

http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/zz186/washoutswe/vbs2/20120209_171921-all.jpg

http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/zz186/washoutswe/vbs2/20120209_172212-3d.jpg

http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/zz186/washoutswe/vbs2/20120209_171840-all.jpg

http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/zz186/washoutswe/vbs2/20120209_171809-3d.jpg

is it possible to download it?

Height and BMI have been in the game for a while... The annoying part is that the weapons scale with the soldiers.

Yes, the M4 of the 6' soldier will be larger than the M4 of the 5'6 soldier, etc. Its not a huge deal, but it does look a little odd.

huge.jpg

Do we have to upgrade our HASP keys for 1.60 (assuming so)? I don't see any documentation saying as much.

If your key was updated for 1.50 another update should not be necessary.

Many thanks!

Since the VBS2 forums are so dead I figure I'd ask this here as well. Has anyone got FBX2RTM to work with MotionBuilder 2012 and the converter down to 2010 (since FBX2RTM seems to only handle FBX files from Autodesk 2010 products or older)?