Placebo

VBS2/3 Discussion thread - the one and only

Just a quick look at 1.5 and Advanced wounding and amputations.. look foward for more vids..

Oe-JDBS4bZ8

Edited by WashOutSWE

Thanks, Nou gave me that info few hours ago. I've contacted them if they have some blueprints etc. tnx guys.

..... you've asked them for the blueprints of the bank ....... :p

Expect a late night knock at the door LOL

Been too busy to send in my c2v/v2c whichever it is?

Is there any 100x100km or larger terrains in 1.50? If there is, please tell me its not "geotypical iraqi desert" or some bs like that :p

Or the ever so popular 'Geotypical Tropical' LOL. It take like 2 seconds to put something like that together :)

Yeah, Its just ashame they dont have a release structure for more terrains in the pipeline for GYBBK/YYMEA

No new terrains in 1.50 :( But as OChristie said, he seams to know the tools, so it just to pop out some :yay: ;)

As far as I know the big high detail 100km terrains were special contract for some MOD/DOD only.

Yeah well as soon as the Terrain Tools for 1.50 are available ill work on some for GYBBK/YYMEA/YIMWI Customers

Yeah well as soon as the Terrain Tools for 1.50 are available ill work on some for GYBBK/YYMEA/YIMWI Customers

Sweet

Well due to me being injured in my line of work, as soon as the tools are release I'll use my almost 1TB of source data (imagery, elevation and shapefile) to create some high fidelity geo specific terrains for PE I'll see if I can get them encrypted to the GENERAL and TRIAL, if they're good enough I'll see if we can get them

Officially distributed!!

I am not sure if you'll be able to get them officially released/distributed, as there is probably no customer for them (The whole point?) and you'd have to battle some big amounts of red-tape in any case.

Also I think the BISim forums would be a better place for this.

Heh, eitherway, I want to see how these "big terrains" work out now. :p Its something I'd like to see make its way into the A3 engine.

Though now that I remember their release schedule "terrain streaming" isn't out till 1.60. So I am curious exactly what they did in 1.50 to allow larger terrains.

Also, I want to see how the map handles MGRS for terrains larger than 100x100km. :yay:

Just happened to come across this video by accident.

Link

It's a clip from CBS 60 Minutes talking to Medal of Honor recipient Dakota Meyer and the action that led to him receiving the medal.

Throughout the clip are parts shown from a US military recreation of the event using VBS2.

Dakota Meyer

Edited by Snafu