BohemiaBeck

Forums migration/update status items

Couple of things that have been possibly reported already:

1. When a new thread is made with titles with underline, the underline disappear when the thread is created.

2. Posting more then 2 videos in one thread, or a post is not possible, the 3rd video dont show up and only displays as a link to the video, is this intentional, or still a bug?

Any update on Tapatalk integration.... vastly painful using the forums on any mobile device? Cheers SJ

Looks like the badges are back :)

If those badges could be aligned to center (like every other item on sidebar), that would be great.

Got a little question:

• How does one view more than 5 recent posts of a user within his profile? Fe., members like killzoned_kid always post neat stuff and if one is away from other forums for a week, he wants to check out latest stuff of a decent scripter :)
  • If it's not possible to view > 5 recent posts, any plans to integrate that? When?
  • Some lazy-loading (loads ~10-20 more when you scroll to bottom) for recent user's posts would be great (there's no need for pagination :)).

Thanks a lot.

And if there's a FEEDBACK TRACKER dedicated to web issues / improvements, I'd love to participate.

Got a little question:

• How does one view more than 5 recent posts of a user within his profile? Fe., members like killzoned_kid always post neat stuff and if one is away from other forums for a week, he wants to check out latest stuff of a decent scripter :)
  • If it's not possible to view > 5 recent posts, any plans to integrate that? When?
  • Some lazy-loading (loads ~10-20 more when you scroll to bottom) for recent user's posts would be great (there's no need for pagination :)).

Thanks a lot.

And if there's a FEEDBACK TRACKER dedicated to web issues / improvements, I'd love to participate.

Click "Find content" on the user page. Then select "Only posts".

It doesn't show all the comments throughout the history, but still a lot more than 5.

any update on Tapa-talk integration.... it's like browsing a forum from the stone age at the moment........

• Like 1

If Tapatalk will not get proper support I fear it will be the end of my romance with the BIS forums. I spent 95% of my time here through Tapatalk.

tapatalk was put on hold for security and performance reasons, feel free to complain to the company behind it ...

tapatalk was put on hold for security and performance reasons, feel free to complain to the company behind it ...

Dwarden please... there are tens of thousands of forums using Tapatalk and BIS is the only company that can't get that to work without compromising its security? Excuse me, but that tells something indeed, but on BIS itself, not on Tapatalk.

That basically means that to BIS, compatibility is not worth the resources that would be required to make it work, correct?

• Like 1

Security and performance ? What's the deal with performance, it can't be that bad. And security ? I guess the main issue is that you are using a central login for all things Bohemia (including the store), but shouldn't it be possible to make that secure ? After all, we're not talking about government level security here

Oh come on. Why does it work for other forums but not this one? This forum is nearly unreadable on a mobile device without tapatalk.

• Like 1

Mmm security ? I'm using my contact email adress very carefully and don't have any other spams other than Czeck languages spams which started during this very forum migration....

Is anyone else not recieving e-mail notifications of updated threads you've subscribed to? Has been like this for a few days for me and I've double checked all my settings without success.

I've been to the paradox forum quite a bit now, and i must say that the "interaction options" with other posts in their forum is alot more usefull.

They have "agree", "respectfully disagree", "helpfull" as options to "rate" other peoples posts. Whereas here it's only "like" which is none of these things really. I would like to see such a system if possible (benefit: all topics are a small poll all on their own)

• Like 2

is this intended? (have a look over the miss-aligned text of subforums)

http://i.imgur.com/NC1mN1P.png

It is not intended. What browser are you using here? Desktop resolution? Send me a PM please. I have not seen this and just checked in multiple different browsers. If possible try shift refresh and/or clear internet cache and see if it is still happening.

Is anyone else not recieving e-mail notifications of updated threads you've subscribed to? Has been like this for a few days for me and I've double checked all my settings without success.

Sorry for the inconvienience. There was a temporary issue with the back end mail service that occurred for a few days. This should now be resolved.

I've been to the paradox forum quite a bit now, and i must say that the "interaction options" with other posts in their forum is alot more usefull.

They have "agree", "respectfully disagree", "helpfull" as options to "rate" other peoples posts. Whereas here it's only "like" which is none of these things really. I would like to see such a system if possible (benefit: all topics are a small poll all on their own)

Thank you for the suggestion. We will evaluate the like and rating system in the new forums software update that will be implemented in the near future.

• Like 2

Sorry for the inconvienience. There was a temporary issue with the back end mail service that occurred for a few days. This should now be resolved.

Yep, it seems to be working again.

I know this is somewhat off-topic, but since I'm not allowed to start a new topic I'm not sure what else to do...

I've had a DayZ forum account for a few years now. Somehow, this account has now been converted into a generic BI account and signed up for a newsletter - this one, to be exact. There's no obvious way to unsubscribe; the link at the bottom takes me to a generic login page. I have reported the email in question as spam. Requiring me to sign into an account to unsubscribe from a newsletter I never signed up for is not acceptable.

• Member title editable. Now functions as the rank based on # of posts like previous forums.

Doesn't seem to work, or maybe the ranking system was changed.

So like wow... Tapatalk just started working properly :-) thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OMG - Tapatalk --- FINALLY --- thank you...

:)

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Still not working for me, rejects my login as invalid.

• Like 2

Fixed issues/suggestions:

• Member title editable. Now functions as the rank based on # of posts like previous forums.

Hi, the ranking system isn't working, contrary to what is stated here.

is this intended? (have a look over the miss-aligned text of subforums)

http://i.imgur.com/NC1mN1P.png

This has become an issue for me too today after upgrading to Chrome 52. It's a problem with inline items rendering inside inline-block items. Quick fix for this is to do one of these two:

// Add this
table.ipb_table .subforums.ipsList_inline > li {
  display: inline;
}

// Or add this
table.ipb_table .subforums.ipsList_inline > li > a {
  display: inline-block;
}

Solution #1 breaks lines whenever but fills the space better, solution #2 breaks lines to keep a subforum in the same line.

And can we please, finally, after a year, link the lock icon on the locked forum threads with "?view=getnewpost". All the important stickied threads that are locked like dev changelogs, SITREPs and whatnot are annoying to follow because you have to manually find new posts.

• Like 1