Mack.

Backpacks missing in the premission gear screen in Survive

**** I had a brain fart and put the wrong episode in the title, the correct episode is Adapt. Mods if possible please change ****

I have acquired a number of backpacks.

However none of these appear in the gear screen when I go to equip my troops for the missions.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Edit:

Just for clarification all the backpacks DO appear in the massive crate in the base. I have tried swapping them into other crates (ammo, accessories etc) but they still do not appear 

Potential spoiler

I managed to acquire a static MG with thermal vision. I want to use it into a certain mission to take advantage of this.

Yeah I had the same thing in Survive (I know you are talkng Adapt). I think its the way things should be. I picked up few things from patrols in Survive but never did I have them back from previous missions. I think the scripting prevents it.

Thanks for the reply wildbillkelsoe!

I have updated the original post with some potentially useful info.

Mission briefing menu lacks any kind of apparel as well as backpacks. Which is a shame because one is unable to equip you squad members with better uniforms, vests, etc. Atleast if their gear would stay on them throughout to next mission instead of putting their gear into crate and giving them their default gear.

Regarding HMG/GL backpacks, I too collected most of them and "overencumbered" the crate in base with them :(. While you can equip HMG before the mission, you still lack tripod and is therefore useless unfortunately. Putting equpment in different crates makes no difference because they end up sorted after next load.

Mission briefing menu lacks any kind of apparel as well as backpacks. Which is a shame because one is unable to equip you squad members with better uniforms, vests, etc. Atleast if their gear would stay on them throughout to next mission instead of putting their gear into crate and giving them their default gear.

Regarding HMG/GL backpacks, I too collected most of them and "overencumbered" the crate in base with them :(. While you can equip HMG before the mission, you still lack tripod and is therefore useless unfortunately. Putting equpment in different crates makes no difference because they end up sorted after next load.

I noticed that too, I have reported the problem on the issue tracker. Please upvote.

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=25257