doomnet

Arma3 stats system (armaNET) and BIS revive script problem

HI,

i use stats system with armaNET sqlite database, for counting kills and deaths etc....

when using inbuild revive script from BIS and stats system, when you are wounded and have no choice to be revived, the player death counts are 2 after respawn!

i hope its clear enough lol

i will try to explain better: for exemple player get killed it counts 1 death, and the revive system comes up, if nobody revives you and you respawn then the death count is 2 for the player.

that's the problem ! it should not be count 2 deaths but only one, else if you push respawn button in revive system the killticker will say player killed himself.

so my question is how can i fix this ?

revive system should be ignored in deaths count.

Player in revive state is defined as dead.

• Like 1

I cannot give you a definite answer as I am not on a PC. But if I recall, BIS has the function there but is not usable, yet. :huh: (Yet I hope they implement the one they have, like in Arma 2)

You can always build your own, something like this?

Unconscious.sqf:

waitUntil {(getDammage player) > 0.8};
player switchMove "YOUR_ANIMATION";
player allowDamage false;
sleep 10; //10 seconds
if ((getDammage player) > 0.8) then
{
player setPosATL (getMarkerPos "your_teleport_marker_name");
hint "Hey..I didn't die! YAY!!!";
player switchMove "";
player allowDamage true;
};
You can add an EH in the middle of "sleep" to have an "exitWith" or "terminate" command going, but again I'm not on PC.
  • Like 1

HI,

Player in revive state is defined as dead.

Another useless tool trom BI. Like the weapon resting.

Not exactly,

I have noticed that BI have made a clever little function with regards to weapon resting. Being able to rest your gun on a 3D object such as the interior of an offroad could open more doors to possibilities. Yeah, it might feel like the same as holding the gun, but honestly they have worked hard on this. (They have like 50 animations for weapon resting)

Imagine of what we could do to make some kind of way to allow you to pop out of a window with a handgun and defend yourself in some kind of care chase. ;)

But again, so far the revive function is currently not working...but as I have said earlier, it is best to build your own or test a few other scripts out there.

I cannot give you a definite answer as I am not on a PC. But if I recall, BIS has the function there but is not usable, yet. :huh: (Yet I hope they implement the one they have, like in Arma 2)

You can always build your own, something like this?

Unconscious.sqf:

waitUntil {(getDammage player) > 0.8};
player switchMove "YOUR_ANIMATION";
player allowDamage false;
sleep 10; //10 seconds
if ((getDammage player) > 0.8) then
{
player setPosATL (getMarkerPos "your_teleport_marker_name");
hint "Hey..I didn't die! YAY!!!";
player switchMove "";
player allowDamage true;
};
You can add an EH in the middle of "sleep" to have an "exitWith" or "terminate" command going, but again I'm not on PC.

ok well i'm happy to know its not my mission causing this bug, thank you for the reply, for now the easiest way was to disable BIS revive system.

even i tried all other revive scripts and i found the BIS revive system much better scripted, but yes its broken with stat system, i have enough scripts running don't want to ad more work for the server.

This thread has some info that may help you in de-terminating when a player actually dies in the new BIS revive system.

Not exactly,

I have noticed that BI have made a clever little function with regards to weapon resting. Being able to rest your gun on a 3D object such as the interior of an offroad could open more doors to possibilities. Yeah, it might feel like the same as holding the gun, but honestly they have worked hard on this. (They have like 50 animations for weapon resting)

There was already since 2013 available a mod called VTS weapon resting .

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/146516-vts-simple-weapon-resting/

which was just perfect. I am not talking about its was hard work or not but really did you even tried it how this is working? When you rest your weapon you cant even aim on your target.

Its poor and in game useless.

The same is with Bis revive. First you die and then you are moved into revive state. But you cant do nothing with because for all scripts , EH, AI you are simply dead.