I cant really say too much however we are looking for someone who can create a map from the ground up to join our team.

If you fit the role then just let me know.  :)

I cant really say too much however we are looking for someone who can create a map from the ground up to join our team.

If you fit the role then just let me know.  :)

Do you have a train to catch?.....are you in a rush? :rolleyes:

In any case welcome to the forums, :)  It would probably be a good idea to introduce yourself to the community first before asking for such a large task as terrain building.

• Like 1

"Me Team" as in you and yourself?

what is the purpose of the "map"? What sort of community do you represent? Some sort of RP by any chance?

If you "can't say too much" don't expect anyone to actually take you seriously and reply here...

• Like 1

"Me Team" as in you and yourself?

what is the purpose of the "map"? What sort of community do you represent? Some sort of RP by any chance?

If you "can't say too much" don't expect anyone to actually take you seriously and reply here...

sorry slight typo there it was meant to say *me and* just wondering do you create maps?

Do you have a train to catch?.....are you in a rush? :rolleyes:

In any case welcome to the forums, :)  It would probably be a good idea to introduce yourself to the community first before asking for such a large task as terrain building.

ahaha yeah I am in a rush XD

ahaha yeah I am in a rush XD

Terrains take months to make, well a decent one does.

I spent 2 weeks just preparing the terrain in L3DT, before any surface choices were made and any objects placed.

Why not learn yourself and then not have to rely on anyone, it's not hard, it's just time consuming and so f'kin tedious at times :lol: still, I love it

• Like 1

I'm wondering if it's going to be a totally new type of role play with starting cash of billions of dollars, a team of full time, 24/7 adult moderators, powerful server, wonderful community and custom scripts.

Just like all the others.

• Like 4

Terrains take months to make, well a decent one does.

I spent 2 weeks just preparing the terrain in L3DT, before any surface choices were made and any objects placed.

Why not learn yourself and then not have to rely on anyone, it's not hard, it's just time consuming and so f'kin tedious at times :lol: still, I love it

Ive messaged you Richie just let me know what you think.

I'm wondering if it's going to be a totally new type of role play with starting cash of billions of dollars, a team of full time, 24/7 adult moderators, powerful server, wonderful community and custom scripts.

Just like all the others.

nope, love the negativity though man keep it up im sure you'll go far  :D

Ive messaged you Richie just let me know what you think.

I have my own project and other commitments, I really don't need anything else to do but i wish you luck :)

I have my own project and other commitments, I really don't need anything else to do but i wish you luck :)

okay i understand thank anyway

Hey, I can't build maps so I can't help you either, though I wish you the best of luck.

But I do want to say that it's kinda hard to see if you fit the role since there is no information at all. haha Just saying!  :D

Hey, I can't build maps so I can't help you either, though I wish you the best of luck.

But I do want to say that it's kinda hard to see if you fit the role since there is no information at all. haha Just saying!  :D

its just hard man because if i was to say what we are doing then someone could just take the idea and go do it themselves 

Yeah I understand what you mean. You want to create something special, in order to do this you need a team. But on the other hand you can't share to much information off course. It's a pitty, though I'm sure you'll find someone! ;)

Yeah I understand what you mean. You want to create something special, in order to do this you need a team. But on the other hand you can't share to much information off course. It's a pitty, though I'm sure you'll find someone! ;)

thanks for understanding, its hard really because we have a good team put together just missing that last piece 

its just hard man because if i was to say what we are doing then someone could just take the idea and go do it themselves

once your mod is out anyone could take what you have done anyway so whats the point. You just asking for a terrain buildercits not easy to do the planning and asset creation to physically making a map isn't a easy thing to do i have been working on one town for 2 weeks giving its a decent size.

It takes literally months to create a map, and anything up to two years to polish it to professional quality. The people with the time and skill to do that kind of thing generally prefer to work on their own projects. I'll save you some time by telling you that no one on here is going to be interested in spending their time doing work for someone who has no history in the modding community, who comes in preaching some undefined but shady sounding get rich quick scheme.  

• Like 1

Why don't you just learn yourself? Plenty of tutorials (including YouTube) that will help you make a map.

It takes literally months to create a map, and anything up to two years to polish it to professional quality. The people with the time and skill to do that kind of thing generally prefer to work on their own projects. I'll save you some time by telling you that no one on here is going to be interested in spending their time doing work for someone who has no history in the modding community, who comes in preaching some undefined but shady sounding get rich quick scheme.  

love it man, hope you see our mod in the future and maybe even cry  :D  :P  :P

Don't let me distract you, I'm sure you're inundated with responses from the forum looking to be part of your amazing project which is sure to be the next Dayz. After all, all the great mod projects have started with a hyped up teenager starting an internet slapfight while canvassing for people to do work he's too lazy to learn.   

• Like 6

Don't let me distract you, I'm sure you're inundated with responses from the forum looking to be part of your amazing project which is sure to be the next Dayz. After all, all the great mod projects have started with a hyped up teenager starting an internet slapfight while canvassing for people to do work he's too lazy to learn.   

ahaha you clearly dont understand its cool man 

If you have such an awsome team and just a great design why doesn't one of them take the time to learn it. No one is going to just drop everything for a no name modder that shows no proof of concept. If your successful great but i have my doubts. Good luck.

• Like 1

ur amazing project which is sure to be the next Dayz.

Heyyy..that's my line! :p (It says it all in my signature)

Again, this is not the right place to post, re-post in Arma 3 - GENERAL.

So much negativity! When this guy turns out to be the next Dean Hall, you'll all be sorry!

That, or, when the summer holidays end, Mom (note spelling) says that it's time to turn off the AOL, and get the short trousers ready for school.

• Like 8