Sign in to follow this  
polar bear

AI vs vehicles

Just finished the campaign and here is my comment: the AI can be rolled over by an attacking vehicle. Literally.

I found that in general only AT soldiers and sometimes grenadiers react appropriately to an attacking vehicle (they attack it).

Riflemen, etc. just sit there like nothing is happening and you can run them over. They didn't seek cover or run away or evade, they just wait for you to run over them. Often they stay in formation on the ground while you run them over.

While I used this to great effect to get through some tougher missions (snipe the AT soldier, get in vehicle, run everybody else over) it does hurt realism.

Obviously AI is horrible at driving too, but it is even worse at dealing with an incoming enemy vehicle.

The logic seems to be the AI only reacts to a vehicle if it has a weapon that might be effective. So in a hatchback or off-road they will shoot at you but anything with even light armor can just run them down.

It would be good if the AI would at least switch to stealth, and find cover, when confronted with something they can't kill.

Precisely why I use AI mods to fix what Bohemia Interactive could not, as per what we usually have to do in other areas of the game.

What mod gets AI to actively run from a vehicle trying to run it over?^^^ Takes me back to Farcry1, man was that fun trying to run AI over while they tried to dodge you while returning fire along with the the pretty cool jeep physics.                                      

What DOES work are civilians that flee -they are fricken hard to catch! Im sure the answer lies in there somewhere...