Ranwer135

Scripting Introduction for New Scripters

I'm trying to get back in to scripting since I've started playing ARMA3 regularly again... Haven't scripted anything for about four years so it feels like I'm starting from scratch again especially since all of my old creations are lost to dead computers! This should be a good starting point, thanks.

Can anyone do a walk through for me on how to use cruise missles in ARMA 3 tep by step please.

Hey guys, 
I'm really new to scripting and sorts and i can't seem to find what i am looking for.
1. I'm looking for a script that I can manually pop up targets at 200, 300, and 500 meters. 
- I'm want to manually pop them up using the scroll wheel option.

2. I'm also looking for a script where I can put pictures up on a billboard and make a power point presentation on the billboard.

- Would also like to scroll wheel to change the slide.

Thanks,

Zyla

Hi!
I wonder if anyone can help me with this one: I'd like to count the arguments that a script is called with.

For example, this one has 3 arguments.

[x,y,z] ExecVM "script.sqf";

Is there a way to do that all?

Thank you!

41 minutes ago, athrael999 said:

Hi!
I wonder if anyone can help me with this one: I'd like to count the arguments that a script is called with.

For example, this one has 3 arguments.

[x,y,z] ExecVM "script.sqf";

Is there a way to do that all?

Thank you!

count _this

Hey guys, some friends and I have started working on an Exile server, we know how to place the traders and design the map a.k.a the simple part. What we need help with is all the scripting and editing of things such as prices, messages, god-mode in safe-zones, ect. If anyone can help that would be fantastic, we are willing to pay money as well, if you are interested, that would be amazing. You can email me here: polend33@gmail.com

Send an email if you are interested and I will give you the IP to our TeamSpeak, or use whatever sort of communications you would like to use. Thanks again. -Brandon

Hey I could use some help with something, while I was testing out a mission I made, if I pressed alt then clicked somewhere, I would be teleported to wherever I clicked. Is there any way to disable this? I really need help with this

Ya'll make it seem so easy and I'm struggling with this

Start-Process : This command cannot be run due to the error: The system cannot find the file specified.
At C:\GameServers\scripts\launch.ps1:28 char:1
+ Start-Process -FilePath ($arma3ExeDir) -ArgumentList "-port=2302 -ser ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : InvalidOperation: (:) [Start-Process], InvalidOperationException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : InvalidOperationException,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.StartProcessCommand

Hi i am stuck on how to read my variables in game.

init:

//officer
starter addaction ["Begin Mission", {execVM "scripts\startmission.sqf"}];

//
_mStart = 0;

startmission:

_mStart = 1;
starter removeAction 0;
hint "Mission started, check map for info."

my question is, how do i make a trigger activate when _mStart = 1?

9 minutes ago, xNotGeorgex said:

Hi i am stuck on how to read my variables in game.

init:

//officer
starter addaction ["Begin Mission", {execVM "scripts\startmission.sqf"}];

//
_mStart = 0;

startmission:

_mStart = 1;
starter removeAction 0;
hint "Mission started, check map for info."

my question is, how do i make a trigger activate when _mStart = 1?

When you put a '_' in front of a variable name it makes it local to the script you are running it in, so in your case "_mStart" is local to the init.sqf. So all you need to do is change "_mStart" to "mStart" in both instances and you should be good to go (barring any notion that this is in multiplayer).

Just now, jshock said:

When you put a '_' in front of a variable name it makes it local to the script you are running it in, so in your case "_mStart" is local to the init.sqf. So all you need to do is change "_mStart" to "mStart" in both instances and you should be good to go (barring any notion that this is in multiplayer).

oh thanks. i assume i use mstart == 1; in the trigger condition not mstart = 1; also?

Yes, correct, sorry read past that :). You would remove "this" in the trigger condition field and replace it with what you have there, "mStart == 1".

Just now, jshock said:

Yes, correct, sorry read past that :). You would remove "this" in the trigger condition field and replace it with what you have there, "mStart == 1".

thank you

I created a new wiki page to clarify the difference between scheduled and unscheduled environment. This was a point where I struggled often in the beginning and where I often see related requests in this forum.

Everyone with a wiki account is invited to improve that page which is currently in a very basic state:

Scheduler

I hope this helps some beginners :-)

• Like 3

On 6/16/2017 at 0:49 AM, sarogahtyp said:

I created a new wiki page to clarify the difference between scheduled and unscheduled environment. This was a point where I struggled often in the beginning and where I often see related requests in this forum.

Everyone with a wiki account is invited to improve that page which is currently in a very basic state:

Scheduler

I hope this helps some beginners :-)

Nice initiative! I also liked this KK's article (even though it's small, it still provides some basic insight into how the game manages the resources) - http://killzonekid.com/arma-scripting-tutorials-scheduler-and-namespace-switching/