I would be willing to do Anchorage for a large US CQB city but theirs no good US styled building assets.

There is a mod that features suburban homes, but I'm not sure if that will suit Alaska.

Awesome looking terrain so far! I think a few good locations could include some bases in the mountains (maybe a radar station) and a small civilian airstrip.

Thanks! I plan to bring all of that stuff in incrementally over the next month or two as much as possible. There is definitely going to be a civilian airport. I plan for it be minimal with a dirt runway, but I will make sure it's long enough so that all aircraft can take off. As far as populated centers go on the map, I do not plan on making any cities. There will be several villages. These village will most likely use the different slum houses from A3 as their main structures. I find they are the best option for what i'm going for. Rather than designing the map to draw players into main city areas for combat, I want to get players out in the wild of the terrain. Much of my focus will go to creating pockets all over the map of very unique features and objects, i.e. Mine Entrances, Radar Stations,and Logging Camps. There will be more but I don't want to spoil things ahead of time. Feel free to keep posting suggestions, but please keep in my the constraints i'm working within.

• Like 1

More trees, clutter, surfaces, rocks coming in next update.

rcptYukh.jpg

• Like 1

More trees, clutter, surfaces, rocks coming in next update.

rcptYukh.jpg

Yes, looking good ;)

Looking realy impressing so far. But I think the terrain realy needs some other kind of trees, since the actual ones are looking way to mediterran. In general it realy reminds me of the Battlefield 3 map Alborz Mountains, which I love. According to pictures, this area got a similar vibe to Alaska, I would love to have a mission there. I hope you are planning to add some structures, because fighting in this wilderness will be a pain. :)

Oh, and is there any chance to see a full winter-version of that map one day - in the case you finish the actual version of course?

As far as trees go, I am only using Arma 3 vanilla assets (I mentioned this before earlier in the thread please read  ;)). I do plan on adding structures, and in fact already have on the version I am working on. I made a post on this question also, so please check it out.

As far as trees go, I am only using Arma 3 vanilla assets (I mentioned this before earlier in the thread please read  ;)). I do plan on adding structures, and in fact already have on the version I am working on. I made a post on this question also, so please check it out.

I saw those posts. What I failed to communicate was that this previous entry was meant as a "+1" kind of post. Anyway, thanks for your reply! Your intention to only use A3-assets is one which will probably avoid many errors and save nervs. Realy a shame that there are no good northern assets.

Also: if you ever plan on doing the Fairbanks area (or Eielson) I could gladly get you pictures. Although getting pictures of the flightline would be near impossible, they're touchy about that stuff.

Released v0.12, Enjoy and please give me some feedback.

4s9Kj9Kh.jpg

• Like 1

Development continues on this terrain, i took a little time off to play another game that just recently came out. I wanted to ask those of you who are following this terrain if you would like it to remain vanilla or if you would like to see Arma 2 objects added to it. Adding this will give me the ability to add more objects and structures that will compliment the realistic feel I am going for. The only drawback would be that the terrain would need All In Arma Terrain Pack to run. 

This won't be my only map so I am in no hurry to include these objects in my first project. Like I said in the initial post, the map can be done without them, but I would like to hear some opinions. Please share your thoughts, thanks.

Using All in Arma wouldn't be bad at all, considering I feel a large amount of the community uses it. However, maybe later on it could be replace by the more updated CUP terrains?

Using All in Arma wouldn't be bad at all, considering I feel a large amount of the community uses it. However, maybe later on it could be replace by the more updated CUP terrains?

Good point, AiA's high frequency of use is what made me consider it. I'm sure a majority of users are using AiA alongside it right now anyways.

Great stuff! Thanks for sharing...

/KC

WIP pics.... I'm inching my way through the terrain adding objects and structures. I want to add as much detail as possible, but I might ease up on it a bit for the sake of time. I have made a few preset combinations of structures with objects that I will probably copy/paste to speed things up. I wouldn't worry though, I have 4 sets right now, but I plan to make at least another 10. The sets contain a structure or two with other objects inside and around it such as fuel drums, portable generators, wood stacks, shelving, tables, etc. Hopefully the ending amount of detailed combo sets used is enough to make it not look like every other house has been recycled.

STnYxdJh.jpg

ugxTxgxh.jpg

X0oEfl9h.jpg

c4MNuNZh.jpg

v8tlcOhh.jpg

leMm3gTh.jpg

bHSObUmh.jpg

• Like 1

good shit man. keep it up. i look forward to playing the finished product. no rush though, dont bottle neck yourself on time is my opinion, make it grand. god speed

• Like 1

Just released the next alpha update for Alaska. The last two months were quite busy and I should hopefully be getting more time to work on the terrain and make quicker progress. I decided to rename the terrain to Alaska 2035 so I could set the environment in a war time scenario in the future. This will give me the option utilize more military structures and hopefully will create a better base environment of game play for players. 

v0.13 Download (also on first page)

E0w36LSl.jpg

Congratulation, I'm looking up testing this map. Link seems broken btw

edit. link is asking my google account, signed in, but nothing (folder or file deleted or no access rights)

Congratulation, I'm looking up testing this map. Link seems broken btw

Had to put it on Google Drive instead of Dropbox this time because it is full. The link shouldn't be broken, you probably need to click on the .rar and hit download. It

Updated mod v0.13-alpha available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey Mattastic , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

Nice work!It's looking great :D I really want to design a map myself.Do you know a good tutorial to start with?there are so many,it's a bit overwhelming.i don't even know all the tools/software I need ...