Welcome to Alaska. It's 2035 and eastern aggression has brought war to the wild frontier of Alaska. Working within the constraints of Arma 3 vanilla content, I am working to bring a representation of a war time Alaska to life. The terrain is at a point where I can release the alpha version. Please feel free to post your comments, questions, and complaints about the terrain. Keep in mind that there is still A LOT of work to be done, and is by no means a finished project. However, the terrain does have some areas that could definitely be played on. 

Terrain Specs

Grid Size: 2048 x 2048

Cell Size: 10 m

Terrain Size: 20 km x 20 km

Satellite/Mask Specs

Size: 20480 x 20480 px

Resolution: 1 m/px

Tile Size: 512 x 512

Overlap: 16 px

Texture Layer

Size: 40 x 40 m

Preview:

http://imgur.com/a/Eli4k

Revision Update 10/26/2015 8:18 PM - v0.7

DOWNLOAD HERE

Google Drive

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I could gladly find some pictures of the area surrounding me if you, or anyone, wants a more "authentic" feel.

The more reference material the better so feel free to post pics.

That area has been a good start, I really want to see the terrai but with vegetation, snow, glaciers if you do them: D

good luck

The terrain will be eventually populated with a lot more objects of all types. I am reworking the base terrain right now. The current version is a little too "soft" for my liking. The new version will be have more defined terrain, but will be overall a smaller terrain. Probably going to cut down the size from 40km x 40km to 20 x 20, maybe 10 x 10. Doing this is going to give more realistic scale and terrain features. The terrain textures will also be a better resolution after this update. Also, I am updating the tag I was using for the mod from matt_ to mef_. In a couple days I will have a preview of the new terrain and then will most likely release a revised alpha version soon after.

I think i'm going to move forward with this terrain. It's features and scale feel much better. The terrain will be sized down to 10km x 10km, but I think you will find a greater level of definition.

QYK9psk.png

• Like 5

Here's a preview of the revised Alaska terrain. Fixing a few things with the layers, clutter, and such then I'll release an update. The terrain has not moved stages of development. Expect much of the same bareness as before, but now with a better base terrain. I decided I didn't like the original terrain layout so I changed it. Hope you guys like the new layout.

XALy69e.jpgVHjyeRW.jpg

D23Ejfd.jpg

1nUt0bF.jpg

• Like 1

I updated the download link with the latest revised version. Next update should bring in more textures, clutter, trees, roads, and maybe the first few objects. Should have that at a releasable point sometime this coming week.

showing great potential. I look forward to seeing more detailed vegetation/objects. Alaska is a killer place for tactical fun if it's done correctly. Keep up the good work

I think the best for such a map is to remain in the wild, with some picturesque villages wood but no big city, no great either see no basis at all, I'm really looking to see what it will give later, I really hate to play it :)

Cool, I have a planned Alaskan map I will be working on after my current terrain. Question, are you from Alaska at all? I plan my Alaskan terrain along the Old Seward Highway.

No I'm not from Alaska, just interested in the regions terrain. Old Seward Highway would be cool, especially if you had it going into a large city that could be Anchorage. What are you working on now?

I'm looking for a map for my Falkland mission. And it seems OK. But with trees not so authentic. I know it's Alaska and not Falkland. Have you any idea for a better map for Falkland? I know there are some for A1 and A2, but I want to use it in A3 without editing the pbo.

• Like 1

The Falklands have very unique terrain features. I doubt you'll find anything that can take it's place. Project 82 is A Falklands War mod for A2, but i'm not sure if it comes with a terrain. https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/128243-project-82-the-falklandsmalvinas-war-mod-work-in-progress-pics/

Funnily enough the best place i've found for Falkland missions is actually Altis.

There are a couple of rocky islands off the coast that are perfect, and even certain sections of the western hills/mountains.  You have to be very generous with the cloud cover and fog.  But it works, here's something we did a while ago...

I would agree with Shadow, I thought about that before as a valid suggestion.

Thank you both of you!

Will this terrain require anything like All in ArmA or JBAD buildings? 

I plan to only use Arma 3 Vanilla assets relative to my terrain's region. This could change if I got the source of some different objects, but I don't want the terrain to have any dependencies.

No I'm not from Alaska, just interested in the regions terrain. Old Seward Highway would be cool, especially if you had it going into a large city that could be Anchorage. What are you working on now?

Right now I am working on a Pakistan Terrain, Southern Waziristan located in the Pakistan Federal Administered Tribal Areas to be exact. Speaking of Anchorage, that is the city I live in. I would be willing to do Anchorage for a large US CQB city but theirs no good US styled building assets.

Anyways, I love the terrain so far, looks great with the tall mountains and snow caps on top.

Awesome looking terrain so far! I think a few good locations could include some bases in the mountains (maybe a radar station) and a small civilian airstrip.