Sign in to follow this  
KXKMAN

1.85 patch troubles?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Cloughy @ Oct. 15 2002,15:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The problem i have with installing the 1.85 patch, is it gets so far after verifying the Resistance installation, then says , Error: The disk 1.75 is almost full.

Any ideas. The D:\ drive were it is installed has over 300mb free space on it.

Never had trouble with any other patch.

P.S. : Hope this patch fixes the Geforce 3 prob. At night everything is in black and white on a Ge-force 3 ti 500.

Cheers

GC mad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I get exact the same error message!

Fresh install:

OFP-CWC 1.0 > OFP-RH 1.30 > Patch 1.46 > OFP-R 1.75 and when I try to update to 1.85 I also get the "Error: The disk 1.75 is almost full" error message.

C: nearly 1 GB free

partition with OFP: 307 MB free

Win XP Home

P4 2Ghz

ATI Mobility Radeon

256 MB RAM

Gday Mates..

I too have been getting the same error in o.pbo, noe.pbo ...

Verifying Operation Flashpoint, version 1.75...

Error found in file Res\AddOns\O.pbo (012e4bac!=afc162d6)

Error found in file Res\AddOns\Noe.pbo (66c25c91!=01b1e490)

One or more files in game instalation are modified or dammaged.

Reinstall game from original CD disc and try again.

Also similar errors in Res/Missions.

Sometimes install says successful but isnt and other times it says the above.

I hope a fix to this comes soon as i am joining a long list of normally loyal OFPers who feel a little bit let down.

Come on BIS...whats happening???

MadAussie out....

blah either ur files are corrupted (it happends sometimes) or when you install from cd you have had fingerprint on the cd and it haven't copied all the files perfectly (happened to me sometimes). So clean reinstall and clear the cd from fingerprints and I bet it works wink.gif

Have those of you having these problems read everything about it at Avon's FAQ and tried all the suggestions there? You're assuming it's Bis' fault but it may well not be.

Gday again..

I read the latest posts and thought to myself ..why not try..I own a CD resurfacer (a m/c that erases scratches from cd's so to speak) i cleaned em..all 3 discs..then reinstalled..twice..still didnt work..I will keep trying but its not looking good..as to my comment on BIS..i assume in a bugs post that is now up to page 11 ,for a RECENTLY released patch, that BIS must take some responsibility for some of these problems smile.gif

I am a loyal BIS gamer..just unhappy cause i cant keep updated.

MadAussie jnr out....

>Placebo points again to his last post.....

Gday again..

I must sincerely apologize to BIS and others whom i may have offended with rcent comments regarding 1.85 patch....

Although it took 3 good cleans with a CD-resurfacer and a redownload of patch to get it to work (I dont know which fixed the problem..i think the cd clean wink.gif wipes egg from face, It works...:) so off i go..

Once again i apologize to BIS as it seems it was my error

MadAussie jnr out....

IT TAKES A REAL MAN TO ADMIT TO HIS MISTAKES..;)

I guess this is not a bug in 1.85 but I report this phenomenon for next patch or OFP2. smile.gif

When I made a add-on, I realized this phenomenon. I wrote config.cpp as follows;

reloadTime=0.150000;

soundContinuous=0;

sound[]={"\vulcan\m163_cannon.wss",3.162278,1};

This means that you play "m163_cannon.wss" and when you play it for 0.15sec, stop playing and return to the beggining of the sound file in order to start playing again. What add-on maker wants in this part is smooth and continuous connection between each play. But in reality, there adding some breaks between plays. Please hear this:

original sound source

sample firing sound

When you hear "sample firing sound", you can realize that there are breaks between fires. I would like to ask developers of OFP to get rid of thease breaks. I think it can be done technologilally. e.g. The sound system in America's Army do this. Why not introducing a new option in config.cpp like this:

soundSmoothness = 1

When this option is enabled, the continuous of firing sound becomes smooth. tounge.gif

p.s. If you want to check this phenomenon, download following add-on and install it to your OFP. Remember to back up original add-on pbo file.

M-163(Vulcan) add-on

You can also find other sound replacement add-ons in here(my home page).

This is flat-out wrong!

Why have you unstuck this thread?

Whenever next patch releases is the approriate time.

By ungluing this thread all you have done is generate a hundred more which should be here.

SUMA  and  MARUK did you agree to this?

This "moderator" should be scolded.

Fine, I see that you obviously want it closed instead.

Closing smile.gif