Sign in to follow this  
KXKMAN

1.85 patch troubles?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (tools @ Oct. 19 2002,12:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I installed the 1.85 patch and all of the explosions stoped working. The impact was visible with resulting damage and crater formation, but no fire or smoke was visible.<span id='postcolor'>

Is cloudlets enabled?

I can actually play the campaign finally!(I had the sound problem with the speech and music before installing the new patch) but I've been now blessed with the full auto skip sound prob...

any solutions?

Ive been checking the thread but might have missed this if it was posted.

It looks like 1.85 has a problem with deleteVehicle!

If you remove the owner of a WP via a deleteVehicle on one of his waypoints the program will crash to the desktop. No messages, no errors, nothing.

If you kill him via a script (even if he's the only one in the group), or if you kill only a member of the group, it's ok. But if you delete the leader of a group (or a single unit) via a WP, version 1.85 crashes. Previous version were not affected by this problem.

A mission file to demonstrate this problem is available here

Can anyone confirm the following bug:

If you lead a group of men and send one or more of them away the last unit sended away will not react on scripting commands like "dofollow".

For testing I used a group of 3 men (me as leader) and a radio alpha trigger. In the on activation line of the trigger I wrote : "_x doFollow player" forEach units group player.

Then I sended the two guys to a point some hundred meters away. While they were on their way to that point I activated the trigger and the 2nd (me was 1st as leader) stopped immidetly and came back to me, but the 3rd run as if their haven't been any command. I tested that also with "commandfollow" and the 3rd answered with roger on that but ignored the orders anyway. Only if I called him back over selecting him and tell him to return to formation, he did what he should.

PS: Dostop and Domove don't work either.

AAGH AM I still the only with the Illegal operation problem when starging 1.85 ?!? damn never even got the game on.. 1.75 works flawlesly.. tell me what to do?! tried to reinstall once (without addons ) but no good.

Or is it just the 1.85 and it ain't combatible with my comp ?? wow.gifmad.gif

I have a problem in fullauto fire sound.

When you fire fullauto mode with 1.85 patch, there is small but unneglectable no-sound part which is inserted between fire and fire. fire AK74, XM-177E2 in fullauto, and you can realize this bug.

For example,

ak74 in 1.75

ak74 in 1.85

XM-177E2 in 1.75

XM-177E2 in 1.85

M60 in 1.75

M60 in 1.85

Can you recognize the diffrence between 1.75 and 1.85?

I think this problem has something to do with CPU ability. When I ajust settings to the lowest, this fullauto sound problem is reduced (but not disappeared). 1.85 patch may consume a lot of PC resources. I hope next patch solve this problem. By the way, my PC is;

CPU:Athlon 1GHz

Mem: 512MB

Graphic: RadeonLE

Sound: Sound Blaster Digital Audio 2

Admittedly I haven't tried 1.85 yet myself so the only method of hearing the weapons is your mp3's, to be honest though I like the 1.85 versions better, 1.75 sound too much like the exact same sound in a loop, 1.85 sounds more like the same sound but with a slight variance.......

I compared the sounds with what I hear in V1.85 on my system, and the AK (the only rifle I checked) sounds a lot more smooth and even than the MP3 file that was posted.

I'm running OFP on a 2.26GHz P4 with a SoundBlaster Live! under XP, by the way.

Ok, I don't know if it's been posted before, but for me the M2-machinegun and the MGs made by GFX707 seem to fly a little above the ground since V1.85.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister Frag @ Oct. 20 2002,04:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I compared the sounds with what I hear in V1.85 on my system, and the AK (the only rifle I checked) sounds a lot more smooth and even than the MP3 file that was posted.

I'm running OFP on a 2.26GHz P4 with a SoundBlaster Live! under XP, by the way.<span id='postcolor'>

Hmmm...

Do you use DynamicRange sound pack? Or standard sound pack? Standard sounds are short and small, so maybe it is difficult to tell difference in 1.85 from in 1.75.

Anyway, we need a wide feed back from you to judge whether this is a bug or not. When you reply, please remember to write about your PC (CPU, Memory, OS, etc..).

You can get DynamicRange sound pack;

DR 1.75

and its patch for 1.85;

DR config 1.85

Now I add other fullauto fire sounds.

pk 1.75

pk 1.85

G36a 1.75

G36a 1.85

Hmm... I love full auto sounds in 1.75 smile.gif

By the way, sounds of G36a is not from DynamicRange but from my sound pack "Battlefield Insane" sound pack. You can download it from here. And see details about my sound pack here.

http://svd.s20.xrea.com

now we are talking about sounds - i have the real annoying problem with ofp...

i have a SB Live sound card and during playing ofp sometimes it gets really static, sometimes to a point that i turn the sound off - this generally happens with explosions.

whats up? no other games do this so is there a problem with OFP and the SB Live card?

Please tell me you're not talking about the "crackling" sound you get most noticeably when driving a vehicle?

Nope, I'm using the standard sounds, and I'm not really interested in mucking with them. Too many problems...

As I stated in my first message in this forum on a different thread, I am stuck in the mission: "Occupation". The game does not recognize that the trigger has been achieved. I eliminated all enemy forces including the guards in the neighboring town, and the tanks that were supposed to attack later. In fact, I even killed my own men just to see. Nothing! The trigger is not achieved. This is the fifth time I have tried to play through this mission without success. I have tried as many different ways through as I can. No good! Before I applied the patch I played past this mission. Is anyone else experiencing triggers not recognized??? Or am I doing something wrong (like kill three officers while hopping on one foot). The patch installation went through without a hitch. I was optimistic about playing through this game. But now I've hit a brick wall! Never really cared about MP. I only have time to play SP. I have played all the single missions to death. I really want to proceed in the campaign. Any suggestions????

Actually a number of things appear more unstable. The AI used to be the coolest thing out there. Now I can often walk up to the enemy and shoot them.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (tyrol @ Oct. 21 2002,14:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The AI used to be the coolest thing out there. Now I can often walk up to the enemy and shoot them.<span id='postcolor'>

Heh, the coolest thing out there huh.. I suggest you give MP a go. I haven't even played OFP's first campaign let alone any of the others in SP..

Verifying Operation Flashpoint, version 1.75...

Error found in file Res\AddOns\O.pbo (012e4bac!=afc162d6)

Error found in file Res\AddOns\Noe.pbo (66c25c91!=01b1e490)

One or more files in game instalation are modified or dammaged.

Reinstall game from original CD disc and try again.

Well i have reinstalled OFP now more times than i care to count, i tried everything.....i uninstalled it and reinstalled it, then i uninstalled it and installed it at the default directory, etc etc etc. Nothing seems to help, he keeps giving errors when trying to patch, somebody help me before i go nuts !

(i had different kinds of errors when it wasnt in the default directory, but this is the problem im having right now.)

********EDIT***********

I tried again, but this time i pressed "ignore" when he gave the error and he continued a bit and then i got this result:

Verifying Operation Flashpoint, version 1.75...

Error found in file Res\AddOns\O.pbo (012e4bac!=afc162d6)

Error found in file Res\AddOns\Noe.pbo (66c25c91!=01b1e490)

Operation Flashpoint: Updating version 1.75 to version 1.85...

Some error occurred during patch installation.

Patch file is probably dammaged. You may need to download it again.

Error in file RES\ADDONS\Noe.pbo, phase 1.

P.S. like i said, this is a clean install in the default directory, i haven't touched or added anything......

Dedicated Server on 1.85 definately more lag and lost connections than before on 1.75 , like the new sounds and options  biggrin.gif gonna give the beta 1.87 server starting monday and see if  this helps problems and post results , hope this helps development We love this game  tounge.gif

Hi,

Got a big problem!!!!

When I play OFP Resistance v1.85 my CPU load gets to 90% so swithing between WinXP pro and OFP gets very slow.... confused.gif

Does any one got a anwser or fix that could help me.

System Specs:

AMD 1400 Thunderbird

512 RAM DDR

40 GB 7200 RPM Maxtor

Asus GF2 GTS 32 MB Deluxe

Asus A7V266 Mainboard

Soundblaster 5.1 Live Player

Aftere installing patch 1.85, removing any custom addons or campaigns is impossible. Resistance simply wont start, only error message 'Cannot open file 'Campaign\freedom.pbo' or 'Cannot open file 'addons\editorupdate102.pbo'

And yes, I did use 'Search' a lot to find any topic. confused.gif

Try uninstalling and doing a fresh install all the way up to 1.85

Yup, did it already, but after playing custom campaign through, I would like to remove it and its required addons. Sometimes 100 Mb of useless addons...

1.85 seems to 'lock' addons somehow and this error did not happen with 1.75.

I have also problems with the new patch.

I have Windows XP

800MHZ

512 RAM

Nvidia GF2 videocard

etc.

The Windows XP installation is fresh, the OFP installations are also fresh. But when I run the new patch OFP is not able to start. I see the Resistance logo, but nothing happends.

In the registry everything looks fine and I have Administrator rights on this machine.

I look forward for a solution for this bug...

In the meanwhile I'm realy sick of this another bug of OFP.

Right - I have OFP + OFP:R in the CD Drives I open up 1.85 Patch and get the error:

Operation Flashpoint Is Not Installed on your computer or Installation is Corrupt....

I have the original .exe but still dont seem to be getting anywhere. I dont particularly reinstall from 1.0 as it takes a while and Im lazy

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (-SWAT- @ Oct. 22 2002,19:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The Windows XP installation is fresh, the OFP installations are also fresh. But when I run the new patch OFP is not able to start. I see the Resistance logo, but nothing happends.<span id='postcolor'>

If your XP install is fresh you will have no ASPI layer installed right?