Sign in to follow this  
gtaarmyjames

How to make the glass on my object semi-transparent for glass

Hello,

So my problem today is that I cannot figure out how to correctly make a semi transparent texture work for the glass of a building that I am making for iHaze.co.uk . I have the rest of the model taken care of, and using separate .paa's. But whenever I try to convert a slightly transparent image to a .paa with texview2, the image just turns into solid colors. I have everything else of the building taken care of. I am new to modeling and texturing for ArmA, and any games period. If anyone could please help with the glass, that would be more than appreciated. Thanks :)

Texview uses the suffix of the file to determine how to convert it

like "MyTexture_co.paa" or "MyTexture_ca.paa" etc.

if you don'T have a suffix, for example when you try to convert a "mytexture.png" to a "mytexture.paa", the converter treats it as a color map without alpha channel (so a mytexture_co.paa)

you need to name the file according to these rules, for a semi-transparent texture you'll need the _ca suffix, which stands for "Color Alpha", Color map with Alpha channel.

a listing of suffixes can be found here: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Texture_Naming_Rules

• Like 1