Sign in to follow this  
mattaust

Radius = 5 for Door Animation, no useraction

Hello all,

I seem to be only getting this problem with one of my models, I've got a door animation for my gate, but it seems that I'm rarely ever getting a useraction for it even if I'm looking towards the memory point and being 1-2m away. 

I've changed the radius multiple times, and the memory point location. The object has geometry, the condition is correct for the door, because I sometimes see the user action but you have to turn your camera at a certain angle, and if you turn just slightly it disappears again. Has anyone else have this issue?

I've animated hundreds of doors and this is completely new to me of why it's happening.

Cheers, Mattaust.

No, It seems to be the model itself, I tried a dummy model and the Useraction came up fine (using the same config), I'm going to troubleshoot the issue and I'll report back with the fix.

I said that because the only time i faced inconsistency with useractions was when the useractions defined vertice ("position=name_of_memory_point" refering to a memory lod vertice) was below the ground level.

I agree with the above post, it has happened to me before.

Also, its stupid, but check to ensure that the names in the config refer exactly to the names in the model (no miss spells, or improper naming of a selected bone / vertice / dot)

also, sometimes the direction the two dots are facing could have a problem of why you are having this issue / where it is placed on the model ( inside it or in the proper place in front of the door)